I do think that the show has jumped the shark many times before. But then again I do find that the Walking Dead and the whole zombie genre particularly cheesy... I guess that's why I can manage to forgive it week after week with the exceptions of really bad episodes. It'd be a secret guilty pleasure if so many people didn't like it so much. That very first episode was really good though. Maybe if they did kill off Glenn or Daryl, it'll probably be enough for me to stop watching. I wish they didn't kill off Maggie's sister because it makes her less dimensional in the show. I'm not sure if having a baby will either make her more interesting or if it'll just weigh her down some more. The show needs more Carol, that's for sure.

I agree Exo, I know that they tried to say "well Lost killed unkillable characters".. but this isn't lost. and if you kill S1 survivors now.. it's just gonna leave a bad taste. I can tell you know, at this point if they kill Glenn, Maggie, Rick, Carol, Machonne or Daryl.. it's just for shock value and not writing.

Everyone else, fine, fodder .. but those characters are what makes the show watchable... For me it stopped being about Zombies and more about these amazing characters who survive at all odds. I'm surprised one of them hasn't been killed off, wouldn't be surprised if Glenn dies anyway.. Steven didn't look to chipper in the Talking Dead interview. At least the show has gotten better, now just to stop the ninja zombies.

I was once a fan of Morgan but no more, he needs to be done with. Easily could have got Carol, himself and probably will get Denise killed.

When Eugene, Tara and Rosita show up, neither one was a good enough shot to take that Wolf out... or at the very least, get the other gun off the ground when he left and shoot him....??

An amazing-tense opening, danger at every turn, looking like a 4-star episode and then we pull that crap. And that little kid is going to get them all killed if he don't shut the hell up. Life might be precious, but not when that person keeps telling you I'm going to kill you.

Biggest plus was Carl.... "Your Dad was an A$$hole"

Edited by 505thAirborne

So, once again they're on the road...? Seems to be a reoccurring theme.
And not a very imaginative one.

I think they should plan to retake the town. All except for that section of
wall is damaged.

Use live bait to lure out as many as possible, the get the camper inside to block
the hole, then use a truck running down walkers until they are at a 'manageable'
number for guns and blunt objects. After that they'd have to go street by street,
and then house by house to clear them, but their redoubt would be safe again.

And what Carol did was so stupid. She'll kill Morgan to make sure the
Wolf guy doesn't kill anybody else..? Never mind tying up a pair of
phenomenal fighters while the town is falling right above their heads.

That heavy chick didn't deserve to die for them...

So was the "Help!" Eugene when he picked up the walkie?

Yeah, agree with 505th. Good episode for that parts. I was like "Wait... they could go to the place where the doctor chick that easily and they just left her there?"

I do like the Carol vs. Morgan scene but they ended it in a lame way. It would have been more interesting if Carol succeeded or if Morgan would have somehow been forced to kill the guy. Maybe if the wolf dude killed the doctor or something.

Yes, about Eugene.

This is possibly one of the worst episodes I've ever seen. Every character behaved moronically and contrary to any logic, with the exception of Carol and the captured Wolf. Blunders and stupidity all around, no doubt written that way to raise the tension of a lackluster mid-season finale. I have been and always will be a fan, but this episode was awful...

Yes, about Eugene.

This is possibly one of the worst episodes I've ever seen. Every character behaved moronically and contrary to any logic, with the exception of Carol and the captured Wolf. Blunders and stupidity all around, no doubt written that way to raise the tension of a lackluster mid-season finale. I have been and always will be a fan, but this episode was awful...

I'm with you here. I've been happy with every other episode this far but was bored, considering a wave of zombies was smashing through everything, and confused by why everybody was behaving completely contrary to their usual selves.

Exactly. I get that they're just setting us up for Negan, but....why? Just get on with the story and tell it! They could've brought the new threat in now for an eyebrow raising MSF but instead they had everyone fumbling about like they were suddenly lost and helpless. They're pussy footing around with nonsensical slo-mo shots and contrived plot events and the whole episode was just a waste of time...

Just how stupid are they?

They armed guns walk in to a hostage situation where the hostage taker has a knife to the hostage's throat. A hostage taker who is willing to kill anyone and everyone. What do they do?

They all drop their guns. If they didn't surrender their guns what's the worst that could of happen? He slit the hostage's throat and they shoot him to death or they shoot him and accidently the hostage a well? Both options worth the risk over letting him have a gun to shoot all of you.

yeah... why didn't they have one guy hide behind? "He said drop the guns, not the machete Eugene!" I should do a live snarking post like I used to do with 24... lol. 24 was another show that was never endingly facepalming but had that incredibly fun factor... I wonder how Jack would do in the apocalypse. I bet he can gerid of the walkers in 24 hours.

The military also had RPGs. And tanks. And machine guns. And ground attack aircraft. I don't see RPGs as being anything else than a quick escape device. Clear some ground within which to run, so to speak...

And who else thinks that kid is going to be tossed to the monsters if he gets any louder?

And holding hands? No. Walkers shamble all about without any real direction. You don't want to string a line within them for them to shamble into.

And why no fortifies houses? You know, just in case the wall comes down..?

Would have been better to take the shot which I'm certain Rosita could have pulled off, that whole scene was just weak sauce in a bottle.

Just want to reiterate, Abraham has RPG's..... that is all.

Which are really kinda worthless against anything but an armored vehicle. They do not have a very large explosive radius (being made to punch a whole through something HARD) and would not kill any more zombies than a single bullet in most cases (maybe if you had 10 zombie heads lined up perfectly in a row...).

A giant auger - THAT would be useful...

Just saw the after-credits scene. If that is supposed to be any indication of something great, well, they messed up nearly as bad as the "drop your guns" scene in the basement.

As for the Snow Plow - yup, in reality the walkers should never have been able to take over very much - as shown in Fear the Walking Dead, nobody had any brains in that show. Which is why NOT showing the start of the plague in Walking Dead was a good idea.

Which are really kinda worthless against anything but an armored vehicle. They do not have a very large explosive radius (being made to punch a whole through something HARD) and would not kill any more zombies than a single bullet in most cases (maybe if you had 10 zombie heads lined up perfectly in a row...).

A giant auger - THAT would be useful...

I was referring to Abraham firing off a round at Negan's biker gang, Despite what an RPG is designed for, it's still an explosive device, would have bought time for Sasha & Abraham to open fire and kill those Mother-dicks. ( I get that in a Michael Bay film a grenade or RPG can destroy an entire city, but in real life the shockwave alone would knock you down and give temporary hearing loss).

As for Zombies, I'll take Michonne's Samurai sword, doesn't jam, no ammo, just an occasional sharpening.

And more stupid stuff.

Okay so that one character got bit. Rick left her with a gun because she wanted to end it on her own terms. It was my understanding that she would just shoot herself in the head. That's what I would do if I was bit and no one would be around to kill me when I turn. One thing I wouldn't do is just stand there and tell them zombies to come and eat me.

That's what she did!

Unless I thought my painful death would save others I'd rather blow my brains out than to feel zombies on my face!

I was referring to Abraham firing off a round at Negan's biker gang, Despite what an RPG is designed for, it's still an explosive device, would have bought time for Sasha & Abraham to open fire and kill those Mother-dicks. ( I get that in a Michael Bay film a grenade or RPG can destroy an entire city, but in real life the shockwave alone would knock you down and give temporary hearing loss).

As for Zombies, I'll take Michonne's Samurai sword, doesn't jam, no ammo, just an occasional sharpening.

That whole after the credits scene is so totally whacked out it is hard to find a spot to start unraveling the stupidity of it.

Forget the rocket launcher! They just escaped a band of heavily armed and MOBILE thugs, so the next thing they do is STOP when they encounter more opposition! Uh, how about flooring the gas pedal in that truck and mowing those people down? Sure, maybe that wouldn't have worked, but it sure as hell would've been smarter than walking out in front of a bunch of people with MACHINE GUNS...

• 2 months later...

I knew the mom would get it because it'd be natural for a mother to scream when you see your kid get all munched on by zombies, but the other kid getting skewered by Michonne was just a bonus!

Ugh... so glad the whole zombie swarm storyline is over. To think that they could have just started a fire in that stupid pit to begin with and have zombies walk in to it.

Daryl blowing those guys up in the beginning was the best though.

WOW!!!!!!!!! What a season opener!!

Daryl with a Rocket launcher and Glenn getting saved by the cavalry.... Damn!! Figured Sam would get it, just not his Mom & brother too.

Agreed, that was one of the best episodes of the series.

I knew the mom would get it because it'd be natural for a mother to scream when you see your kid get all munched on by zombies, but the other kid getting skewered by Michonne was just a bonus!

Ugh... so glad the whole zombie swarm storyline is over. To think that they could have just started a fire in that stupid pit to begin with and have zombies walk in to it.

Daryl blowing those guys up in the beginning was the best though.

It was so dumb to let that little kid come with them, he started whimpering the second they walked out the door to begin with.

The beginning was awesome, I knew as soon as that guy walked to the back with Daryl it was over for him. But to see the guys head on fire was LOL-worthy.

Compelling moments: Death of (a) the Wolf, Karl's eye, Rick isn't getting laid anytime soon, Rick rallying the community, Carol vs. Morgan and Glenn cheats death - again.

-b.

Way too many narrow last second saves before certain death

.at least for core cast.

Still betting that Glenn get's it by season's end. The first part of this season was just a primer to get everyone into a false sense of security.

"They wouldn't actually kill Glenn since they basically did it already"

-b.

I missed out on the last half of the 5th season (not by choice; just some technical issues with the local cable company). Strangely, I don't seem to have missed all that much. It's almost like Hershel's farm all over again.

I was expecting the Morgan/Wolf Guy thing to develop for another few more episodes, but either way, it turns out Morgan was right. He did change for the better.

I knew Sam was eventually going to get himself and some others killed.