It really would have been more interesting if he was actually trying to reform himself in a parallel story. But just becoming The Governor again after two episodes is pretty lame. Or instead of trying to retake the prison, again, he attempts to get the women and girl into the prison in a different way. At least create some other kind of situation with him... not just the same old again. That is disappointing.

This is what I feel to be the most disappointing of all. I relished the idea of the Governor, as a man on his own, experiencing an epiphany and then going through the process of changing his ways. Instead, we're just getting a reboot of the evil Jim Jones in Woodbury. I look at this return to his previous ways as a gravely missed opportunity. However with this at his disposal:mauler_iso_zpsdbb3c175.jpg

I'm wondering how Rick and company are going to get out of it this time...

I would say the tank will give the true intentions. If he truly wants the prison to protect his new family, the tank will just be a symbol of power. If he actually has it shoot at the prison, than everyone was a pawn in his revenge scheme and I'd be will to be his end will come soon. If not next episode, then the mid season opener.

However his character is becoming comic book in that he's indestructible, so maybe he'll just keep killing groups, and returning lol.

"However his character is becoming comic book in that he's indestructible, so maybe he'll just keep killing groups, and returning lol."

More comic than the comic book itself. I prefer the comics, but will keep chugging on with the show.

Edited by Loop

I feel everyone's pain!!!!

...so all that Gov character development with the crazy stare ,werewolf fashion, sidestepping, and oxygen tank fetching comes down to a short haired/clean shaven,forearm rolled sleeved , shirt tucked in, belt wearing cardboard cutout cliche Gov in 2 episodes???

Antisocial air-gun miming in the bushes at Michonne.

And then I guess survival = killing spree..in Gov's mind...or he's hobbies now include stabbing the breeze with people in it???

Merle?

The character played by Kirk Acevedo (the Gov's new "right" hand man aka the brother of the guy the Governor stabbed to take control of the new group).

My thought, or just SUPREME hope is that the Governor is killed during the mid-season finale amongst my hope that there is NOT a really messed up death from one of the series regulars.

The whole Governor two-episode arc just sets his inevitable death up nicely by adding some more depth or layers to the character.

-b.

I want side-stories. They can take my idea for free about Dr. Jenner from season 1, about he and his wife and colleagues dealing with the outbreak and then up to the point where he meets Rick...

Yeah I'd love to see story fillers. Hell I think it would have been better to do three Gov'ner episodes, leave the story hanging,

Then go back to the Prison group, and make you wait till Spring.

Honestly the Governor character we saw before killing Martinez was extremely interesting.

It was almost like he was going for redemption, and would have been fun to explore.

Instead it was cut all too short.

Edited by skullmilitia

Yeah I'd love to see story fillers. Hell I think it would have been better to do three Gov'ner episodes, leave the story hanging,

Then go back to the Prison group, and make you wait till Spring.

Honestly the Governor character we saw before killing Martinez was extremely interesting.

It was almost like he was going for redemption, and would have been fun to explore.

Instead it was cut all too short.

Agree with the sentiment that it would have been very interesting to have the Governor's story arc continue (no cliff-hangers though, a nice tidy wrap-up at the mid-season break would have been perfect).

I think stories being too short/rushed are a function of the shorter seasons for The Walking Dead over anything else.

-b.

Yeah, more side stories.

Like Carol coming out of nowhere killing the Gov's people with the tag -line "somebodies got to do it."

Spread that prison flu around, and that other group over the radio's survival story.

joke. I just thought it'd be funny if they showed an episode with no zombies with people that are unaffected and have to live on their own without the influence of the rest of the infected world. Life on an Island would still be significantly different from what it was before.

joke. I just thought it'd be funny if they showed an episode with no zombies with people that are unaffected and have to live on their own without the influence of the rest of the infected world. Life on an Island would still be significantly different from what it was before.

I think that's a solid idea.

Heh, read 'World War Z' have you? ;)

I haven't seen the movie, but I gather it doesn't follow the book much, if at all from the trailers I saw.

The book is a series of interconnected interviews. There is one about a defecting Chinese nuclear sub that provides power to an island that many survivors that fled by water made it to.

No I haven't... but I seen the movie. Was there a place like that in the book?

No, I don't think so. I'd recommend reading it though...

Hahaha...I thought so too.

Anyways...great mid season finale. :)

Deaths...Hershel head cut off by Governor. :(

The Governor...scumbag almost kills Rick but is stabbed through the heart by Michonne. :)

Also...

what happened to baby Judith!?!

I don't think they are ready to kill an infant in the show. Bigger question is the young kids that saved Tyrese went the wrong direction, did they take Judith with then? Did Tyrese follow them? What about the older sister of the Govenors squeeze? What about the squeeze herself?

See ya next year lol *sad face*

Edited by skullmilitia

In response to the above;

Watching a recording of Talking Dead, Kirkman strongly suggested that Judith was eaten. So...yeah...

It would make sense with that the creators and cast have been saying about this season being really brutal and how things would get really bad. I'm glad that they touched on Rick saying to Karl at the end "don't look back" in conjunction with themes about survival and doing what is necessary in the world of the Walking Dead.

The TV and Movie watching part of me that is used to those who are supposed to survive, surviving (like children and babies) wants Judith to be alive, but the part of me that appreciates the sheer amount of balls it takes to kill her off is like - f' it, let's move the story forward.

-b.

So the Governor decides to bump off the crippled doctor instead of his nemesis, who he then forgets about... great.

He then sets about trying to secure the prison by rolling a tank through it...

Otherwise mostly good.

Very reminiscent of the end of season Two.

So the Governor decides to bump off the crippled doctor instead of his nemesis, who he then forgets about... great.

He then sets about trying to secure the prison by rolling a tank through it...

Otherwise mostly good.

Very reminiscent of the end of season Two.

Gave me the impression that...

...he snapped after Rick said something along the lines with being able to come back from the horrible things they'd done to survive (being not Too Far Gone). At that moment he went bat-sh!t crazy and just said go in and "kill them all". Under the Governor's direction his camp was no longer trying to take the prison, but to destroy it.

-b.