If a Zombie outbreak happens, just stay indoors for a week. The calcium and blood will dry up in the corpses and they won't be able to move anymore... unlike how Tv wants us to believe.

I thought about that too. There's a bunch of rues that are just out the window with the show. Like getting they're blood on you. I mean there's so much splatter on our heroes that they have to have gotten into their mouths and eyes or any wounds they attain during their many battles with walkers and each other.

The one thing different about this story though is the idea of shutting the world out won't defend anyone from walkers, because if anyone dies for some reason within the confines then there's always a chance of an outburst attack from the inside.

As for the gladiator fight. It seems like a really stupid idea but we've had more inane things happen in societies throughout time. Imagine living with the Mayans for a week where everything is great and peaceful and then they take you to the human sacrifice ceremony. oooh crap.

I thought about that too. There's a bunch of rues that are just out the window with the show. Like getting they're blood on you. I mean there's so much splatter on our heroes that they have to have gotten into their mouths and eyes or any wounds they attain during their many battles with walkers and each other.

Not just with this show, but with every Zombie concept.

As for the gladiator fight. It seems like a really stupid idea but we've had more inane things happen in societies throughout time. Imagine living with the Mayans for a week where everything is great and peaceful and then they take you to the human sacrifice ceremony. oooh crap.

Well I've seen real street fights, and unlike Van Damme specials, last a couple of seconds, and then there's our obsession with contact sports, so in a Zombie world it might make sense that entertainment is about avoiding the danger of that time, and it was also staged like most of our entertainment. LOL

And yeah, the Romans did it for thousands of years, as has every culture at it's peak of civilization and boredom.

Isn't it just the saliva that transmits the 'fatal' disease, not blood like in '28 Days Later'? Thus Merle pulling the teeth to disarm the walkers, and Michonne taking out the teeth and jaw to pacify her 'mules', and disarming them more literally.

Isn't it just the saliva that transmits the 'fatal' disease, not blood like in '28 Days Later'? Thus Merle pulling the teeth to disarm the walkers, and Michonne taking out the teeth and jaw to pacify her 'mules', and disarming them more literally.

I always thought it's the enamel on our teeth formed by the gum connected to the teeth's nerves?

Would Hot Toys be able to make TWD figures??

The way HT are rising their pricing, the question should also be if anyone is willing to pay $200 for a regular human figure or of another Zombie?

The one thing different about this story though is the idea of shutting the world out won't defend anyone from walkers, because if anyone dies for some reason within the confines then there's always a chance of an outburst attack from the inside.

Don't really think the big revelation from Jenner was all that big really. Just makes a necessary change to funeral/embalming SOP. Not really THAT big of a change if people know what usually goes on in most modern embalming, anyway, then there's always the cremation side of it anyway.

Don't really think the big revelation from Jenner was all that big really. Just makes a necessary change to funeral/embalming SOP. Not really THAT big of a change if people know what usually goes on in most modern embalming, anyway, then there's always the cremation side of it anyway.

It changes the game completely. You can't just starve out the walkers or kill them all. With everyone infected that means it's the permanent state of humanity. When people die they all turn, their offspring turns, everyone down the line is a walker. That pretty much ends all hope unless someone finds a cure.

It changes the game completely. You can't just starve out the walkers or kill them all. With everyone infected that means it's the permanent state of humanity. When people die they all turn, their offspring turns, everyone down the line is a walker. That pretty much ends all hope unless someone finds a cure.

Not really. Just means old age homes in the future will be fortified by marines. :p

They'll need to hire someone especially to stick it in their noggins when they croak. Someone like Daryl.

Speakin of:

<p>Great scene at the end with Carol.</p><p><br></p><p>Also, did anyone else notice Herschel's face when he picked up the phone? I immediately thought... Uh oh... Rick is coockoo for coco puffs.</p><p><br></p><p>And I can't stand the actor for Michonne. She's horrible. I think we were suppose to sympathize with her when she was in the walls, but I just wanted her dead even though we all knew she was right. And her fighting and movements are so awkward. I just don't buy her and her ninja skills.</p>

<p>Great scene at the end with Carol.</p><p>

</p><p>Also, did anyone else notice Herschel's face when he picked up the phone? I immediately thought... Uh oh... Rick is coockoo for coco puffs.</p><p>

</p><p>And I can't stand the actor for Michonne. She's horrible. I think we were suppose to sympathize with her when she was in the walls, but I just wanted her dead even though we all knew she was right. And her fighting and movements are so awkward. I just don't buy her and her ninja skills.</p>

Yeah, say that by Hershel.

And yeah, Darryl is establishig himself nicely as anchor to the series.

As for Michionne, well she's like that in the comics, except for the 24/7 angry frown. That is a bit too much. As for her ninja skills not very ninja, there's a reason which hopefully the series will touch base on.

The introduction of Michonne and Tyrone is about where I lost interest in the comic. Their super skills just didn't seem appropriate.

I've seen regular joes beat the hell out of martial arts winners, and that changed my whole perception that certain skills and strengths have to fit in a fictional world.

Yeah, the always-frown that Michonne wears is so badly done that it's almost comical. And yes, ninja/samurai roaming the apocalypse just seems odd; not saying that it wouldn't happen because at that point anything's possible, but on t.v. it's just weird and I know I'm not watching Ninja Scroll...

She's just using the sword with basic slash and stab. How else would you use a sword like that if you stumbled upon it?

I would be more likely to stab and THEN slash, lol...

What about discharging fire arms in side buildings and them hearing just fine right after? I shot a .357 mag out in the open with no hearing protection and my ears rang for a good 30 minutes. The only time they showed the affect of discharging a fire arm in a confined space was when Rick was inside the tank.

What about discharging fire arms in side buildings and them hearing just fine right after? I shot a .357 mag out in the open with no hearing protection and my ears rang for a good 30 minutes. The only time they showed the affect of discharging a fire arm in a confined space was when Rick was inside the tank.

Yup. Ever since I took up shooting I can't watch any indoor gun scenes in movies or whatever and not roll my eyes at it...

Edited by myk

I've seen regular joes beat the hell out of martial arts winners, and that changed my whole perception that certain skills and strengths have to fit in a fictional world.

Martial Arts "winners" aren't necessarily mentally equipped to combat somebody who is unorthodox, because you only ever compete with people who fight within a system just like you do. That's why it's always good to learn something like Kickboxing to go along with whatever other Martial Art you're using. It gives you a nice side-helping of street-fighting smarts as well.

Yup. Ever since I took up shooting I can't watch any indoor gun scenes in movies or whatever and not roll my eyes at it...

Totally agree on this one. It's like films where guns are continiously fired one handed and there's no finch at the wrist.

I only laugh when I see desert eagles in films fired in one hand like a water pistol, or 50c Barretts used like a paintball guns.

Edited by Omegablue

As much as I don't like the actress though, it was a pretty cool scene seeing her standing at the fence with baby formula amidst all the zombies.

Thinking about it again, I guess getting blood on you doesn't matter anymore that we know everyone is infected. And I guess by now most people figured out that you don't need to die from a walker attack to become one. Still gross. Everyone screamed when the guts fell out of that guy trying to attack our favorite samurai.

As much as I don't like the actress though, it was a pretty cool scene seeing her standing at the fence with baby formula amidst all the zombies.

Thinking about it again, I guess getting blood on you doesn't matter anymore that we know everyone is infected. And I guess by now most people figured out that you don't need to die from a walker attack to become one. Still gross. Everyone screamed when the guts fell out of that guy trying to attack our favorite samurai.

Looked like she swallowed quite a chunk too.

I don't remember exactly, but at the beginning of the show, the goal was not to get any walker blood on any open cut, inside your mouth or worst..get bit or scratched.....now it seems you only become a walker if you are bit or die....is the walker virus mutating?...anything about this in the comic?

I don't remember exactly, but at the beginning of the show, the goal was not to get any walker blood on any open cut, inside your mouth or worst..get bit or scratched.....now it seems you only become a walker if you are bit or die....is the walker virus mutating?...anything about this in the comic?

Sadly the comic book has abondoned any further details about the virus's specifications.

Episode 6 of season 1 never appeared in the comics.

However Herchel losing his leg and still being normal contradicts Dale losing his leg in the comics and fevering into a walker.

So I guess the rules change continuously for the sake of a great shot?

Edited by Omegablue

If/when the two groups confront each other, would Daryl back up Rick or his brother? Or would he stay out of the way and let them fight it out?

That might become complicated, considering that Merle's loyalty to the Gub'ner is suspect; he could tip the scales in favor of either group, either to help Daryl, the Gub'ner, or himself...

Good thing Rick and the guys are so trusting. I would have thought Michonne could have got the wound from Glen or Maggie before torturing them for the location of the camp, and then infiltrated it with the baby product with the intention of getting the supplies, meds and ammo within. Or luring them back to the town and into a trap...

And she doesn't mention Andrea or Merle.. :wacko: