Yamato VF-1S Hikaru Weathering 1/48 Re-release (Off White)

Dashgtr

The feet look like they are light gray and not the normal DYRL dark blue-ish charcoal. Same for the head lasers and the intakes.

It still looks really nice.

HLJ has it listed for a while:

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMTGK-13

YAMATO RELEASE DATE OCTOBER 12, 2010.

HLJ also has a 1:48 Weathered fast pack listed, but it is not listed on Yamato's site used the photo from the 1:60 version.

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMTGK-11

• 2 weeks later...

So was there ever a window to order those weathered FP? It seemed like it was backordered and then discontinued. Anyone wanna chime in if they got to order a set? Just need some confirmation since the pics listed on HLJ was 1/60 and not the 1/48. Yamato does not have the 1/48 listed up on their site. Thought I'd check.. my Weathered Roy's need some FPs

So was there ever a window to order those weathered FP? It seemed like it was backordered and then discontinued. Anyone wanna chime in if they got to order a set? Just need some confirmation since the pics listed on HLJ was 1/60 and not the 1/48. Yamato does not have the 1/48 listed up on their site. Thought I'd check.. my Weathered Roy's need some FPs

It could have just been a mistake. The listing illustrates and speaks of a 1/48 set, but the picture denoting the content demostrates that of the 1/60 V.2.

Looking at the online "exclusives shop" list, it very may well be that these are totally geared towards the releases of the VF-1A DYRL weathered Max and Kakyzaki V.2s.

I've been in contact with HLJ since I ordered 2 of them. They've confirmed multiple times that it's 1/48. Unfortunately, when I put my order in they were already on backorder. Then the status changed to "Low Stock", but apparently they only got one set in, and it was already spoken for. Their rep. says that with patience my order should eventually be filled, but now the status has changed to "Discontinued", so I'm not too sure. I'll let you all know when I hear back from HLJ.

Edited by Old Man

Saw this on Yamato's site. It looks different from the Limited 250 pieces Macross Chronicles 1/48 Weathering Hikaru. It's in a darker grey and not white.

I think it's white, but the weathering effect turn it gray, you still can see the fuselage is still white after removing the front cone.

I've been in contact with HLJ since I ordered 2 of them. They've confirmed multiple times that it's 1/48. Unfortunately, when I put my order in they were already on backorder. Then the status changed to "Low Stock", but apparently they only got one set in, and it was already spoken for. Their rep. says that with patience my order should eventually be filled, but now the status has changed to "Discontinued", so I'm not too sure. I'll let you all know when I hear back from HLJ.

Interesting. I placed pre-order on the 1/60 scale version in early Sep and I thought it only available in Nov, but I have shipping notice a week later. When I got the package, it's actually the 1/48 version. I actually emailed HLJ that they screwed up the orders and have it returned 2 weeks ago. I would have keeped it if I knew someone on this board is interested in getting one of these. Anyway, atleast I know there is one more set on its way back to HLJ.

DSC02655.jpg

DSC02656.jpg

da hell should have sold it to me.. dammit

No...ME!!! :D

I just got notification from HLJ that they have received my returned copy. Good luck. ^_^

I'm placing another order for the 1/60 version, but damn the price is the same for 1/48 and 1/60.

I just got notification from HLJ that they have received my returned copy. Good luck. ^_^

I'm placing another order for the 1/60 version, but damn the price is the same for 1/48 and 1/60.

Yeah, that would be nice...I really hope I'm next on the list. Thanks for the heads up, Vi-RS.

• 1 month later...

oldman, kicker, do you guy get the weathering fastpack?

I got my weathering fast pack in 1/60 that I wanted finally. The 1/48 comes with water slide decal pre-applied, but the water slide decal still on sheet. Nice and neat.

No, and worse yet, HLJ changed the stock status from "Backordered" to "Discontinued" :( .

No, and worse yet, HLJ changed the stock status from "Backordered" to "Discontinued" :( .

I see, I guess the supply on the 1/48 scale is very limited from the begining.

However, what Yamato did on the weathering is very different on both scales. They somehow use light gray to do the effect on 1/48 scale with satin surface, but they do darker shade of gray on 1/60 and retain the original surface. The weathering effect on 1/60 scale is lightly done, while they show heavy hand on 1/48 scale.

I think it's white, but the weathering effect turn it gray, you still can see the fuselage is still white after removing the front cone.

Interesting. I placed pre-order on the 1/60 scale version in early Sep and I thought it only available in Nov, but I have shipping notice a week later. When I got the package, it's actually the 1/48 version. I actually emailed HLJ that they screwed up the orders and have it returned 2 weeks ago. I would have keeped it if I knew someone on this board is interested in getting one of these. Anyway, atleast I know there is one more set on its way back to HLJ.

I think I've got your returned SSP at a discount. They give a discount because the box is not brand-new. Yay! :p

I got a weathering FP but not from HLJ. I'll slap it on the weathered roy when i decide to take him out of storage. Still in the hunt for some more to go with the other roys. The Hikaru and FP bundle weathering is about the same if not exactly the same as a stand alone FP.

Dude, where did you find the 1/48 Weathering FP??? I've been searching for them ever since I got the bad news from HLJ with no luck at all. C'mon, help a fellow Minmay Guard Pilot out.