VF-0D

MR_Hyde

I wish people would get off that already. I have 7 VF-1 v.2s and the only 2 of them have the cracked shoulder problem (no canopy problems or broken hips, etc.). I do not find them to be fragile toys at all. Yeah I am ginger with the arms of the 2 valks that have broken shoulders but the rest of the VF-1s are pretty tough in my opinion.

It bums me out that they are most likely never going to make a VF-0D..... I guess my only chance to get a delta wing Valk now, is if someone does a VF-24.:mellow:...... yeah, when pigs fly.^_^

It's good to be careful, but yeah, I have nine VF-1's and none of them have broken anything.

The 0D is the only Mac Zero Valk I like.

I wish people would get off that already. I have 7 VF-1 v.2s and the only 2 of them have the cracked shoulder problem.

2 out of 7? That's nearly 1/3 of your collection. You're okay with 30% or so of your toys to be defective right out of the box? Maybe money isn't as tight for you as it is for me, but that that's just not acceptable. At all. So, yes, it is a major concern with me. Which is why, as a consumer who does not get to buy as many toys as I'd like, that the toys I do buy actually NOT be defective. Others out there may be in the same boat as me, which is why it is important that other fans are educated on these issues.

As far as the 0D, I have hopes that, even though Yamato won't be making one, that there will be a kit a fan makes here to convert an 0A or something. I've seen some pretty amazing customs here on the forums. I've got my hopes up! :lol:

Edited by ae_productions

I still think that regardless Zero isn't popular in Japan, if the 0D was made, it's sheer beauty would turn it into a top selling Valk.

Maybe we should make a poll here and see who would buy it? I'm down for two. It's the only yamato Valk I've been really desiring for since first seeing Zero... :(

I still think that regardless Zero isn't popular in Japan, if the 0D was made, it's sheer beauty would turn it into a top selling Valk.

Maybe we should make a poll here and see who would buy it? I'm down for two. It's the only yamato Valk I've been really desiring for since first seeing Zero... :(

I'd buy one, it's the only Valk from Zero I like. It just so happens I LOVE the hell out of it. It's an interesting look in Gerwalk especially (being my favorite mode.) It's got the classic compactness of the original VF-1 but that Delta wing and additional extension of the wings in the back also gives it a sort of VF-11 look. It's like a hybrid of sorts.

• 3 weeks later...

I brought up this question again a couple of weeks ago when Yamato's CEO visted HK and we met for lunch.

I'd also realy love to have a VF-0D, as I think it has one of the most beautiful fighter modes in the Macross universe.

Basically zero chance (pardon the pun).

Yamato considers Macross Zero a dead property, that is not very popular with fans and thinks the cost of having to retool much of the toy to make the VF-0D to be prohibative. Basically, they feel the potential sales would not cover the cost of the retooling.

snip

Graham

That is too bad, like others have said i think MZero has some of the best designs. I'm a fan of pretty much every mecha of the series. I wonder how Yamato came to the conclusion that Macross Zero is a dead property. If they are going by sales of their product i think they have to remember there was probably a major factor on why these didn't sell as well as they would've liked. Barring one or two releases, each release of this line had a least one major design flaw (eg exploding shoulders). I know this stopped me as well as many others from buying one. The VF-0a/s is one of my favorite designs and i still don't own one due to that shoulder issue. I hope to finally get one now that they've been re-released and i haven't heard of any problems with them. But still i don't think the Macross Zero line has been given a fair shot by Yamato.