VF-0D

MR_Hyde

I searched for, but didn't see any threads that already existed but I'm sure this question has to have been asked before:

Is there any chance that we could see a 1/60 VF-0D from Yamato?

I just bought the Hasegawa 1/72 kit and literally, I think this is such a great looking plane, IMHO- better than the -0A. Anyways, it's Friday and I would rather be home playing with my Valk's.

From what has been said by Graham, there is no plans to revisit the Zero franchise. Right now the VF-19 is being worked on and we don't know what's being made after that. Most of us hope for the VF-17 since it looks like they are doing Macross 7, but nothing other than rereleasing the VF-0 Mac0 wise is coming.

Edited by kanedaestes

I searched for, but didn't see any threads that already existed but I'm sure this question has to have been asked before:

Is there any chance that we could see a 1/60 VF-0D from Yamato?

I just bought the Hasegawa 1/72 kit and literally, I think this is such a great looking plane, IMHO- better than the -0A. Anyways, it's Friday and I would rather be home playing with my Valk's.

Since you have the Hasegawa kit, its truly your only best bet to ever have a VF-0D. If your good with customizing there are a few MW members (Check the customization threads) who have taken the Battroid & Fighter kit to make either the Gerwalk or Battroid. Whether its the economy or simply what Yamato thinks will sell best, a 1/60 scale VF-0D & VF-0B are just a dream for now!!!

I brought up this question again a couple of weeks ago when Yamato's CEO visted HK and we met for lunch.

I'd also realy love to have a VF-0D, as I think it has one of the most beautiful fighter modes in the Macross universe.

Basically zero chance (pardon the pun).

Yamato considers Macross Zero a dead property, that is not very popular with fans and thinks the cost of having to retool much of the toy to make the VF-0D to be prohibative. Basically, they feel the potential sales would not cover the cost of the retooling.

I can't remember the exact percentage, but about 60% or more of the base VF-0 needs all new tooling to make a VF-0D:

• New Head.
  • New Wings.
  • New Nose/Cockpit section.
  • New Back Pack.
  • New Chest Piece.
  • New Lower Legs (outer half).
  • New Intakes.

Graham

Oh, that's just crashed my day. I didn't like Macross 7 much but that doesn't mean I will not buy the products, if they comes out with beautiful crafted products, i'll definately get it. I really hope they would consider again. Please bug them on this subject everytime you meet them.

im not worried if yamato dont wants my money i hope that someone do the vf 0d and the reactive armor like happen with the thunder hammer that considering the source have more quality than any yamato product and not talk about piracy because if this design would be made that have like result originals productions "HAND MAKE" given the circunstances i considering by myself in a near future i hope can make me my own vf 2ss 1/60 because i can see the null interest by part of yamato and bandai in made all macross valkyries also another point is the every new realese have a considerably increase in the price and unfortunately not in the quality control, i sick to hear the absurd web exclusives and limited editions

I'm not surprised Zero is not that popular as that OVA is pretty rough, heck a lot of Macross fans I know wish it never existed. What really sucks though is even though that OVA is pretty bad (IMO) Zero has probably my favorite mech design's out of any Macross show, and there's not a single one I don't like. The VF-0A/S and the SV-51 are probably my favorite Macross toys sitting on my shelve (aside from the 11B which is my hands down favorite) and I own multiples of each. It sucks the VF-0D wont make it as it's by far and away my favorite Valk design of all time :(

On that sidenote does anybody have the Hasegawa model of the 0D? Any good? As much as I hate building models it looks like I'll have to resort to it :(

Damn...I know the OVA series wasn't the most widely received Macross, but Macross Zero had some of the BEST mecha designs IMHO. Love the VF-0 and SV-51 designs, and the VF-0D is not only very unique, but very awesome.

Complete agreement- I thought the -0 and the -0D were excellent looking, the SV-51 was very unique among the Macross designs.

Mark my words, the VF Hi-Metal line will have a VF-0D!

Bandai will capitalize on this.

Consider it marked. I hope this is true as I just got my first Hi-Metal VF and am REALLY happy with it. Time will tell, but for now I am really pleased with the sculpt and articulation.

Damn...I know the OVA series wasn't the most widely received Macross, but Macross Zero had some of the BEST mecha designs IMHO. Love the VF-0 and SV-51 designs, and the VF-0D is not only very unique, but very awesome.

Direct-to-home-video releases are always bound to not do better than if it was on TV or in theaters. And if Yamato doesn't want to spend the time to retool it, it's understandable. Especially if they would spend the same amount of time and money retooling a VF-0 for a D-variant as they would spend making a whole new model, then they might as well spend it on a new design.

Direct-to-home-video releases are always bound to not do better than if it was on TV or in theaters. And if Yamato doesn't want to spend the time to retool it, it's understandable. Especially if they would spend the same amount of time and money retooling a VF-0 for a D-variant as they would spend making a whole new model, then they might as well spend it on a new design.

That does make sense, but I am still disappoint that the VF-0D is basically a lost cause now. Hopefully Bandai can VF HI METAL it, as I do not want to scratch build a Hasegawa into a transforming plamo. In my hands that would be disastrous. Beautiful aircraft, and I always liked VF-0's in gerwalk and battroid modes as well.

Hopefully Bandai can VF HI METAL it...

Indeed. I do think it's an unlikely candidate for HiMetal considering there are so many 'iconic' birds Bandai might want to make first and the line might not even live long enough (Bandai has been eerily quiet about any non-VF-1 Hi Metal toys), but I'll hold on to my hopes.

Indeed. I do think it's an unlikely candidate for HiMetal considering there are so many 'iconic' birds Bandai might want to make first and the line might not even live long enough (Bandai has been eerily quiet about any non-VF-1 Hi Metal toys), but I'll hold on to my hopes.

Me too, man, me too. If I can't have a 1/60th scale, I would certainly be fine with a Hi Metal version. Too bad it's not as likely as I had hoped.

looks good but i want it in 1/60 scale and if i remember right some people made an excelent work with a convertion kit parts for made a vf 1d 1/48 so i still believe that is very factible do the same with the zero also belive who do the thunder hammer can handle the reactive armor

a man can dream despite yamato

looks good but i want it in 1/60 scale and if i remember right some people made an excelent work with a convertion kit parts for made a vf 1d 1/48 so i still believe that is very factible do the same with the zero also belive who do the thunder hammer can handle the reactive armor

a man can dream despite yamato

You get an Amen to that.

if yamato produce 0D..make sure dont have problem as we known 0A n 0S reissued also same things happen..QC worst..huhu..0D must zero problem or simple word PERFECT..

I have do have some concerns, even if Yammie did release an 0D. One example outside of the troubled Macross Zero line is the 1/60 V2 VF-1's. They are just riddled with issues. From simple QC, to foggy cockpits, cracked shoulders, broken swing bar locks-not to mention they are more fragile than a model kit. They are beautiful toys, and it would be great to have everything in perfect scale, but I just cannot bring myself to take that leap. So, I stick to my tried and true 1/48's.

So, I guess with all the issues I've had with Zero toys, I'd be very skeptical before I purchased an 0D.

As always, before making an expensive purchase, I check in to trusted review sites like: macrossworld, collectiondx.com or anymoon.com, just to avoid as much QC issued toys as possible.

Edited by ae_productions

yes bro..checked the review b4 get them landing into your house..for me ZERO valks very beautiful but with some problems will effect all the ZERO valks line..people will think twice (maybe some of us) to get it..if yamato produce 0D will check the review 1st to buy it..now 0A skip for a while...

...SNIP:

They are just riddled with issues. From simple QC, to foggy cockpits, cracked shoulders, broken swing bar locks-not to mention they are more fragile than a model kit. They are beautiful toys, and it would be great to have everything in perfect scale, but I just cannot bring myself to take that leap. So, I stick to my tried and true 1/48's.

/SNIP

I've got 2 v2 1/60 VF1 toys (a 1a and a 1j). Both have broken shoulders and even with that issue, I can say, without reservation, that they are most definitely not more fragile than a model kit! Even if you're talking about a non-transforming Hasegawa kit. I hope you're exaggerating on purpose. :D The 1/60s are solid, even with their flaws. You do make a good point about QC and there are some definite, legitimate gripes in the community (canopies, for instance, although that's not been my experience on my two specimens), but as I said, I'm happy with mine, even with the broken shoulders.

Have you had a chance to handle one yet? They're complicated toys, sure but once you play around with one, you'll realise they're actually really well designed and really solid toys.

Oh, and back on topic - a 0D would be awesome and I'd be seriously tempted to get one. I think the zero line, even with it's huge panel lines, is very cool. I'm still a bit jealous of those who have a 0A, or S.

Edited by mickyg

I wish people would get off that already. I have 7 VF-1 v.2s and the only 2 of them have the cracked shoulder problem (no canopy problems or broken hips, etc.). I do not find them to be fragile toys at all. Yeah I am ginger with the arms of the 2 valks that have broken shoulders but the rest of the VF-1s are pretty tough in my opinion. I have yet to buy one Macross toy that did not have a problem in the line (out of the box or happened over time), Bandai or Yamato.:huh: So really I just see it as a hazard of buying expensive low volume toys. Even expensive Transformers run into these problems. My Masterpiece Starscream and Skywarp have "issues" too. That being said I still love them (with all their problems) and anybody who tried to part me.....well.....There will be Blood!:p

Anyway sorry for "ranting" and time to get back on topic.

It bums me out that they are most likely never going to make a VF-0D..... I guess my only chance to get a delta wing Valk now, is if someone does a VF-24.:mellow:...... yeah, when pigs fly.^_^

Edited by logos

just wanted to chime in that even w/ the issues of the 1/60, IMO it definitely feels more sturdy than the 1/48. both are definitely not as fragile as a model kit though. I just handled my one and only 1/48 recently and while transforming it the plastic creaks everywhere i hold it. the plastic of the new 1/60s feels thicker and sturdier.

anyway, it sucks that the Zero line is dead... i have one each of the 0S, 0A and SV-51 and i would have liked to have a 0D, reactive armor and a CM's Roy Focker in his old style flight suit to complete the Mac Zero collection.