VF-171

Skypoet

Pointless VF171 poll.  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Experten's VF171 project?

• I sure do!
    • I really do!
    • I do, a lot indeed!
    • Wow!
    • Great!
    • What is VF171?
    • This poll is pointless.

Because thats what E2046 does: recasting.

Thanks for the reply. I truly didn't know.

Regards.

Rather than moaning that this is not a 1/72 scale non-transforming,fighter mode-only model, you guys should be thankful that we actually have a company like Experten making these cool transforming kits.

And besides, there's already somebody else making mon-transforming fighter mode resin VF-171 and RVF-171 garage kits.

Graham

Rather than moaning that this is not a 1/72 scale non-transforming,fighter mode-only model, you guys should be thankful that we actually have a company like Experten making these cool transforming kits.

And besides, there's already somebody else making mon-transforming fighter mode resin VF-171 and RVF-171 garage kits.

Graham

B)) I agree Graham. B)) Experten totally rock. B))

I admire their skills. I have no idea of what software they use but my level of knowledge of CAD is clearly unsufficient to allow me to do what they have done (I have a B.Eng in mechanical BTW). And even though I like well-detailed 1/72 kits, like most people here, I'll buy one of their kits and build it if I have the opportunity to. Great engineering work Experten, keep it up!

It does look absolutely awesome, but I have to agree about the nose looking a bit.. weird. It's like it's too long and not drooped quite enough. Still beautiful though, and the droop might be a transformation issue.

I do like the way they incorporated both the standard and EX version cockpits too, though I think the nose was reshaped more to use the bubble canopy on the EX.. that canopy looked quite a bit narrower than the standard one seen at the beginning of the series.

Now they just need to make the extra weapons pack for it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

There's one available for auction now.

Starting price ï¿¥25,000.

Buy It Now for ï¿¥30,000.

VF-Naitomeapurasu Variable 171!!!

I'm trying to figure out a way to make the payment...

Sushi is the number one Death Metal food. Nothing honors Satan like consuming raw flesh

Are you referring to the risk of lead or mercury poisoning? ;-)

Contact Celga, I'm sure they'll be glad to help. It's been about 8-10 years since I've used them, but I never had any troubles when I did.

:rolleyes: ewwwps... 25,000 yen that's... around 300 US dollars... I'll pass after all! :rolleyes:

Contact Celga, I'm sure they'll be glad to help. It's been about 8-10 years since I've used them, but I never had any troubles when I did.

Thanks ;-) Any experience with Yahoo Japan? They have quite a few Macross/Gundam related auctions!

Thanks ;-) Any experience with Yahoo Japan? They have quite a few Macross/Gundam related auctions!

Yes, I've had experience with Yahoo Japan auctions, living in Japan after all. It's real tough to shop if you're not Japanese (or in Japan), though. That's why I recommend Celga.