VF-171

Skypoet

Pointless VF171 poll.  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Experten's VF171 project?

• I sure do!
    • I really do!
    • I do, a lot indeed!
    • Wow!
    • Great!
    • What is VF171?
    • This poll is pointless.

I can't tell difference of top 5 votes :angry:

Those guys are amazing and got some skills. They created variable VF-171, VF-4, Advanced Valkyrie, and many more in 1/100 scale kits. It is too bad that they are only available at Wonder Fest event and occasionary at Japanese Yahoo Auction.

I actually see their model for reference of my custom VF-17 to VF-171 project.

Edited by Maiden Japan

Outstanding.

I love the VF-171 and I love Experten's kits.

Just a pity they are produced in such small quantities and so hard to get hold of for most of us outside of Japan, unless you are willing to spend silly money bidding on Yahoo Japan auctions.

I agree the canopy and the nose look a little off.

And yes, the poll choices don't make much sense.

Graham

While I appreciate the massive amount of work gone into this... it looks more like a toy than a model, with the big screws, and huge canopy frames. Still, for a transforming resin kit, great work. For me though, I would rather see greater attention to smaller details and a non-transforming kit, there are just too many compromises made for a transforming model. Despite all this, I still think it looks good.

Yeah, the Experten "kits" are clearly for toy enthusiasts. Articulation over fine detail, casted in color and no gluing required.

That said, the engineering and sculpts are great. It's a good, but expensive way to get a hold of some of the obscure valks as toys that may never see light, like the VF-4.

can we just have a "this is pointless" voting option? :p

Done! Any other suggestion?

Yeah, the Experten "kits" are clearly for toy enthusiasts. Articulation over fine detail, casted in color and no gluing required.

That said, the engineering and sculpts are great. It's a good, but expensive way to get a hold of some of the obscure valks as toys that may never see light, like the VF-4.

You can get the VF-4 for as low as 35$ by the way ;-)...

A few other pics, with a finished, painted, decal'd model...

post-2300-128510834427_thumb.jpg

post-2300-128510836682_thumb.jpg

post-2300-12851083826_thumb.jpg

post-2300-128510846211_thumb.jpg

post-2300-128510848277_thumb.jpg

post-2300-128510849967_thumb.jpg

post-2300-128510851537_thumb.jpg

Wow, it looks amazing painted and decaled and with the weapons mounted on the wings.

The nose and canopy look much better also now. I think having the canopy frame in black really helps.

I want.

Graham

If it sells for 35$ somewhere like the VF4, I too, want. 35$ is inexpensive for a such a garage kit IMHO (they certainly don't enjoy the same scale economies as Bandai since they produce in small numbers and with lower tech). I'll keep my fingers crossed...

Uh, so you're suggesting that someone recast a model that just was produced?

... How come this site sells a recast of Experten's VF-4 which also "was just produced"? How do you know it's a recast? I know this was mentioned earlier in this thread, but I'm just curious... Just how do you know. You have a better option?

The best thing to do would be to get in touch with Experten, right?

Well some people may say that this kit looks too toyish, personally I don't mind. It looks much more anime accurate than the 1/72 (1/100) YF-19 Yammie toy of 10 years ago... And at 1/100 you can't ask for something that transforms "perfectly" (without parts swapping), looks anime-accurate, and doesn't look a little toyish because you can see some screws here and there.

Kudos to Experten, kudos to the scratchbuilders!