Ground Vehicles in multiple scales

tundrayeti

Pictures doesn't help too much, but yes, they looks great! And considering that these are very tiny vehicles, and in 1/100 scale... wow! I'm very interested in 1/72 and 1/48 copies. Just put the price!! cool.gif

Thanks Cool8r! I am having the 1/72 scale ground equipment printed by the end of this week. I need some photos or line art for the gunpod carrier. I will post Photos of the 3d models as a set and then I will be taking orders for the 1/72 scale vehicles. So far the sets are going to be Ground support equipment, Military vehicles and civilian vehicles.

Edited by tundrayeti

Here's a scan of the full page, there's quite a few civilian vehicles in the top right corner. The little AFV in the top left is pretty cool and so is the little forklift on the bottom left.

post-198-128562229584_thumb.jpg

post-198-128562268798_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grayson72

OMG I'll want multiples of everything in 1/72 scale. How come you're not doing the little power unit vehicle that's in the background of your pics?

Don't worry Grayson the power unit will be included. Basically the set will consist of the forklift,tractor, boom truck, the Ac/power unit, the gunpod carrier, the engine trailer, and the water/fuel truck with the funky exhaust. I will have a better idea on price once the final prints are ready and I start casting. The military vehicles will be the next set. So far the m299, the xm3002, the APC, and the 2 other vehicles I have shown earlier will be included. I will give the option of swapping out those 2 with either the m299 or the xm 3002. Sound okay?

I hope this would be helpfull. :)

post-8744-12856212958_thumb.jpg

Lobizon That is PERFECT! Just what I needed thanks!!!!

Edited by tundrayeti

Definitively, gunpod carrier don't appear in Perfect Memory, This is Animation or Macross Journal Extra VF-1 Valkyrie. The only one is that Lobizon post it. But here is a capture:

01elseueloavi001052852.jpg

And yet another update. I am designing the forklift so that it will be able to somewhat go up and down. And here is the model for the Engine/tank trailer. I just have to do the Small tanker truck and finish the boom truck and the set will be ready for printing! I will have pricing soon once I get the printing estimates.

post-7782-128577145192_thumb.jpgpost-7782-128577144011_thumb.jpgpost-7782-128577142484_thumb.jpgpost-7782-128577141325_thumb.jpg

Okay guys. Here's another update. Just a few more details and the boom truck will be done. 2 more vehicles and I should have these to the printer by Saturday. Now the moment you have all been waiting for!

After doing some math and figuring out material costs, it looks like the first set of ground support vehicles in 1/72 scale will be $100 for the set. That's the 7 vehicles i have mentioned before on this topic.

I will also be offering the vehicles individually for $18 bucks each, except for the boom truck (due to it's size) which will be $25. In order to make this work and to move up to the 1/60 scale set I need to get 40 orders.

So if you are interested please PM me. I will not accept any money till the prototypes are in my hands and i can then post photos for everyone's approval. Once the photo's of the master's are on the thread, i will leave the floor open to comments or allow folks to change their minds. So let's get the ball rolling!

post-7782-128589638157_thumb.jpgpost-7782-128589639793_thumb.jpg

Thanks Yeti, I'll take the complete set in 1/72, also I hope to see 1/48 versions in the near future. cool.gif

Thanks Cool8or. That's the beauty of this process. All I have to do is scale the models and i can convert to any scale I want. If the 1/72's and the 1/60's do well I may do a run of 1/48's. I will also be getting ready for the next set which will be the military vehicles with the jeeps and the APC.

Well It's looking good so far. Thanks for all the support guys. Here is the final detail pics for the boom truck and the water truck, as well as the preliminary AC/Power unit. The models will print pretty much as they look in 3D. So let me know if these are okay and I'll Finish the details on the AC unit tomorrow and send them off Late Sunday to be printed. As for my 1/48 scale guys, I'm sure these will do well and even if I fall short, we can work something out. It may be a little more expensive, but I can have a set printed out for you guys. Okay guys you have till Sunday night for any objections before these get sent off. Thanks to everyone for the kind words and support.

post-7782-128598647535_thumb.jpgpost-7782-128598649405_thumb.jpgpost-7782-128598651116_thumb.jpgpost-7782-128598652817_thumb.jpgpost-7782-128598654426_thumb.jpg

The truck looks great. If you actually come through with these it'll be the end of a six year wait for everyone.

Is it safe to assume the truck will come in pieces for the lift part?

Edited by Grayson72

May be for some vehicles you should consider make them with a cavity in the cockpit area, that way we could be able to recreate glasses with clear plastic sheets. This will have a far better look than a solid piece with painted windows.

May be for some vehicles you should consider make them with a cavity in the cockpit area, that way we could be able to recreate glasses with clear plastic sheets. This will have a far better look than a solid piece with painted windows.

Most of these vehicles are open cockpit, but if you notice the Boom truck is designed that way so you can use plastic sheeting to make your own windows. I'm going to try cutting out some windows in clear plastic on my CNC machine to see if they work. The civilian vehicles will be the same way. I can actually have certain parts printed in clear plastic so I'm going to experiment with that. I will also be using Wire to simulate all the connections for the power unit. They are also broken up into parts so the boom will move up and down and rotate. I will post a picture of the model in parts.

Edited by tundrayeti

The truck looks great. If you actually come through with these it'll be the end of a six year wait for everyone.

Is it safe to assume the truck will come in pieces for the lift part?

I have designed these models in parts to make them easier to print and to facilitate casting. Here are some examples of the models in pieces. I hope this will make things more clear. the forklift will be able to move as well as the boom. the doors on the boom truck are even a separate part so you can have them open if you like. So I have put a lot of thought into these so that the builder has more options. These will also have steering wheels, but due to the small size, I am having them printed in bulk since they are too small to cast.

post-7782-12860275991_thumb.jpgpost-7782-128602708063_thumb.jpg

I'd be interested in at least one set of 1/72 and probably a few vehicles in 1/48.

Might I suggest that once you have your samples ready and finalised a price you start a new thread in the for sale section. That way you might get a few more takers and if you are looking for volume sales to offset the costs it might be worthwhile contacting Starship Modeller to sell them as well.

I'd be interested in at least one set of 1/72 and probably a few vehicles in 1/48.

Might I suggest that once you have your samples ready and finalised a price you start a new thread in the for sale section. That way you might get a few more takers and if you are looking for volume sales to offset the costs it might be worthwhile contacting Starship Modeller to sell them as well.

Thanks for the advice Gunny I will definitely do that. As far as Starship Modeller goes, I have talked with them before, I know they are busy so I will wait and see. We have talked in person at Wonderfest and they were going to purchase some diorama stuff from me. So far the price for the 1/72 set is $100. I am already in the process of converting the models to other scales. I have 1/60 done, and I am in the middle of 1/48. The reason I need 40 initially is to be able to print the masters for these 2 scales. And that will fuel the masters for the next set of vehicles and so on...

Those look great man!!! The 3D prototyping process is really cool. Your artwork looks great finalized. If yo don't mind me asking, what do they charge for a protoype of the smaller vehicles in 1/100 size? I've thought of doing some 3D prototyping before, but way back then it was really expensive.

You know, now you REALLY have to come through! Guys have been waiting years to get these vehicles! Even the Imai ones were unaccurate for 1/100 scale. I wish you the best of success with your project! - MT

Those look great man!!! The 3D prototyping process is really cool. Your artwork looks great finalized. If yo don't mind me asking, what do they charge for a protoype of the smaller vehicles in 1/100 size? I've thought of doing some 3D prototyping before, but way back then it was really expensive.

You know, now you REALLY have to come through! Guys have been waiting years to get these vehicles! Even the Imai ones were unaccurate for 1/100 scale. I wish you the best of success with your project! - MT

Thank MechTech! I really like this process. It enables everyone to give me their opinion without wasting materials. There are a LOT of things to consider when doing this. Most 3D printer have a 1mm wall tolerance so when you are dealing with details on a very small scale, it can be cumbersome. One more important note is that these models will be hollow and casted that way so that lights can be installed if you want. One more last note guys, I added the tow bar to the tractor seen in the Macross Perfect Memory book.

As far as price for prototyping goes For the three samples i had done in 1/100 scale I used the cheaper material. they cost me about $15-$20 bucks each to have printed. For the masters for this set, i will be using the more detailed and expensive ABS plastic. Your get more detail, but you can imagine at 1/72 scale the price will go up a bit. Figure about $40-50 each for the smaller vehicles and about 80 for the Boom truck.

Edited by tundrayeti

Okay guys about 6 hours to go. I will be ordering these at 7pm my time. Just so that everyone knows, I have enough orders to cover the costs for the 1/72 scale so it will happen. Now lets see if we can get those 40 orders to make the other scales happen. By the way If you want multiple scales, I'm sure something can be worked out so that everything is shipped at once. I will get a price quote from the printers and if can cover that, Those interested in 1/72 and 1/48 may be able to get those as well. All this may take about 4-6 weeks to complete guys but as folks have said. These have been a long time coming so whats a couple more weeks. :lol:

Okay everyone the models are off to the printers and should be here in about 2 weeks. in the meantime i will be submitting more 3d model work for the military and civilian vehicle sets. If there's something you would like to see put the lineart or artwork on this thread and I will try to make it a reality. Thanks for all the kind words and support.