Yamato 1/60 Regult

UN Spacy

Hey Guys, decal update........

I did print the decals for mine but they were kind of "cheat" decals, meaning i did the work in paint and not a vector art program. I have made attempts to play around with vector art with little success. I would print out the decals for you guys from my file for cost, a couple of bucks for paper/ink and shipping....but i just don't think they would be up to par for how nice of a kit this is. So i have sent an email to JT Graphics that i have used before to see if he is willing to clean up my art and print out REAL decals for this, they would be more expensive than what i would be willing to print them for, but in my experience working with him it would likely be in the $10-$13 range for a sheet....but i can't get a real # until i hear back from him.

What i would need to know is....How many people need decals assuming the price is in the range above?

mike

Hey Guys, decal update........

I did print the decals for mine but they were kind of "cheat" decals, meaning i did the work in paint and not a vector art program. I have made attempts to play around with vector art with little success. I would print out the decals for you guys from my file for cost, a couple of bucks for paper/ink and shipping....but i just don't think they would be up to par for how nice of a kit this is. So i have sent an email to JT Graphics that i have used before to see if he is willing to clean up my art and print out REAL decals for this, they would be more expensive than what i would be willing to print them for, but in my experience working with him it would likely be in the $10-$13 range for a sheet....but i can't get a real # until i hear back from him.

What i would need to know is....How many people need decals assuming the price is in the range above?

mike

i would definitely be interested, in four set just let us know when ready

SD

YES!!! Those are the decals I'd like for my Regult. Is there any way we can get JT Graphics to do those decals in scale with the HDP Regult? If not, I'm still in for 1 set of mslz22's decals.

That's where Mike sent his to.

Any reason why Yamato won't make toys for these? Did they learn their lesson with bad-guy mechs after the Q-Rau? If they could keep these at destroid prices I think they'd sell...or are destroids even selling?

Based on what I've heard, as well as the countless amount of destroid sales going on, it is reasonable to say that the destroids are NOT selling well at all. I think that they might have even pulled the plug on the other unreleased destroids as well due to poor sales. With that logic, if destroids don't even sell at a $100 pricepoint, I don't really see how a $100 regult will hold. Maybe it will be better due to its enemy standing, but I can't say for sure....

If market trend shows anything, $100 is a lot to drop on anything, and I, as well as others, would probably prefer to spend it on something that actually transforms rather than a 2 footed sphere :lol:

Based on what I've heard, as well as the countless amount of destroid sales going on, it is reasonable to say that the destroids are NOT selling well at all. I think that they might have even pulled the plug on the other unreleased destroids as well due to poor sales. With that logic, if destroids don't even sell at a $100 pricepoint, I don't really see how a $100 regult will hold. Maybe it will be better due to its enemy standing, but I can't say for sure....

If market trend shows anything, $100 is a lot to drop on anything, and I, as well as others, would probably prefer to spend it on something that actually transforms rather than a 2 footed sphere :lol:

To be honest I feel the Destroids are over-priced. I'm sure there are other people who feel that way too. I'd pay $90 to $100 for a Regult. I'm not going to pay near $500 to build one myself though.

Edited by Mommar

To be honest I feel the Destroids are over-priced. I'm sure there are other people who feel that way too. I'd pay $90 to $100 for a Regult. I'm not going to pay near $500 to build one myself though.

I totally agree; there's no reason a Destroid should be more than half of the price of a Valkyrie. Same with the Regult unless it has a removable pilot.

Include me in on this pricing bandwagon as well.

No doubt the process of designing a toy is pricey. It could have cost them the same ammount to make both a Destroid and Valkyrie. As the consumer we look only at the finished result. A VF is 3 toys in 1. A Destroid is one toy, it doesn't transform and doesn't even have arms.

Include me in on this pricing bandwagon as well.

No doubt the process of designing a toy is pricey. It could have cost them the same ammount to make both a Destroid and Valkyrie. As the consumer we look only at the finished result. A VF is 3 toys in 1. A Destroid is one toy, it doesn't transform and doesn't even have arms.

My argument for why the Destroids should be cheaper is as follows: I own the old Exo Squad versions of the toys from the mid 90's. They weren't fantastic but they're durable and move about like you'd expect any of the Destroids to move. It cost $10. You would think at + $40 more they could make a $50 toy with better plastic/joints. They added that goofy torso that allows the body to shift up and down but it also makes the toys a floppy mess so that added engineering "marvel" is a waste of time and money.

The Regult is different and would take more work. The large body and skinny legs necessitates some fancier mechanisms in order to make sure the legs don't become floppy/loose. Plus the Regults were far more dynamic in their movements compared to the stiff, lumbering Destroids. Also, I absolutely don't care about a figure being included or opening hatches either.

Edited by Mommar

I paid $200+ for each of the weathered destroids I have, and would gladly do that again for the Phalanx and Spartan.

They're a 'once in a life-time' type of release and worth it IMO -- even if they don't change modes.

If the Regult was built with the same quality, already painted with pilot for around $350 / $375 I would have already pulled that trigger too...

I paid $200+ for each of the weathered destroids I have, and would gladly do that again for the Phalanx and Spartan.

They're a 'once in a life-time' type of release and worth it IMO -- even if they don't change modes.

If the Regult was built with the same quality, already painted with pilot for around $350 / $375 I would have already pulled that trigger too...

I'd go $350 for a 1:60 regult...IF it came with a figure that went in the cockpit...maybe then sell us a secondary pack of "swappable parts" to make the 2 missle version...for like $50 bucks. LOL...yeah right...dream on!

The Regult can barely stand under its own weight. You wouldn't want to go putting anything too heavy in the cockpit, like a resin figure.

The cockpit hatch is quite small too, you would need to put figures in through the top to get them seated.

The Regult can barely stand under its own weight. You wouldn't want to go putting anything too heavy in the cockpit, like a resin figure.

The cockpit hatch is quite small too, you would need to put figures in through the top to get them seated.

Well, if the joints are durable and strong enough, why not? A static figure wouldn't be a bad idea either. You would'nt have to remove him just leave him there all the time.

Well, if the joints are durable and strong enough, why not? A static figure wouldn't be a bad idea either. You would'nt have to remove him just leave him there all the time.

I'm not sure how durable the joints are. The Regult can hold some pretty extreme poses, but the slightest tap and it will collapse down on itself.

I'm not sure how durable the joints are. The Regult can hold some pretty extreme poses, but the slightest tap and it will collapse down on itself.

See, I just don't care about having a figure go with it. A full-sized Regult with Joints strong enough to hold it up but make some dynamic Regult-y poses in the knees/feet/hips is all I ask. I know that's pretty hard to pull off with such a goofy design and why I'd expect a complete figure to be $200 or so. The Destroids should be $50, they're not that hard to engineer.

I never needed to have a Zent figure to sit inside. If one was available, I'd be in for it, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. Anyways, getting the 1/60 T-Rex figure was good enough for me.

For the Valkyries, that's different. It's not a super high detailed figure, and it mentally adds the character association with the toy. The VF-19 Kai is just a red valkyrie without the Basara figure to go in. Put him in the Valkyrie, and you start singing Totsugeki Love Heart, or Planet Dance. With the regult, the enemy, for the most part, is devoid of character, so aside from the added bonus, it isn't all that necessary to me.

I prefer to have the figure. It's a toy and it's added playability. And added realism. But at the cost of not getting a toy at all? Especially with the regult where you can't see the pilot from the outside, I can forego the figure. But as a kid when I use to run around with my one takatoku, it used to bug me that It was visibly pilotless. I remember how much I loved the legioss toy too. Not only did it have the pilot sitting in it but it came with the standing figure. It made the toy that much more awesome for me.

I prefer to have the figure. It's a toy and it's added playability. And added realism. But at the cost of not getting a toy at all? Especially with the regult where you can't see the pilot from the outside, I can forego the figure. But as a kid when I use to run around with my one takatoku, it used to bug me that It was visibly pilotless. I remember how much I loved the legioss toy too. Not only did it have the pilot sitting in it but it came with the standing figure. It made the toy that much more awesome for me.

The regult's got a tiny ass hatch though, and it looks like a pain to get in and out of, even in the anime....the pilot figure would have to be made of rubber, haha! That being said though, I'd still like a pilot with a $300 toy,

Edited by peter

While it is highly probable that it might topple due to it's loss of center of gravity it still would be cool to have.

CMs could do a limited run figure just for this, like they did for the Max and Milia Q-Raus.

Would be nice to have another of their fine sculpts. B))

I want the T-Rex figure to go with (my eventual) 1/60 regult, not to put in it, but to have crawling out and beside it.

- still looking for this t-rex figure, yahoo japan would probably be off the charts -

If I could get this figure I might just go ahead (foolishly or not) with getting the Yamato regult.

By the way - how tall is the 1/100 IMAI zent officer kit? Would that be much larger than the T-Rex guy?