The Spacy Thread

Ghost Train

How can we neglect the ships from Message From Space(1978)?

LiabeSP.jpg

message-comet1.JPG

and...

message-galaxy1.JPG

which, coincidentally bears a bit of resemblance to a later spaceship design.

Epee.gif

Oh sure, they don't really look that much alike here. But when watching MfS in TV format, with its craptastic 2nd-time-copied-from-VHS picture quality, the Epee could pass for a direct descendant of the other.

I met a guy on a job once who raved about EVE, he was in the Goon Squad or something like that. He went on for days about all the freedom in EVE, and honestly, his stories were very easy to get engrossed in. It was all very fascinating. Until I asked about how a new player with no in-game connections would fair. "Oh, we grief newbies until they log out".

Yeah, there went my enthusiasm, right out the window.

Rear visibility? Isn't that what sensors are for? Rear visibility was never an issue in the games, there were cameras for all of the views. Think of it as being able to look up into a rear view mirror so to speak, except its a wide angle camera / sensor.

Rear visibility? Isn't that what sensors are for? Rear visibility was never an issue in the games, there were cameras for all of the views. Think of it as being able to look up into a rear view mirror so to speak, except its a wide angle camera / sensor.

true. i played a number of space sims and the rear cam view was adequate in most circumstances. having said that, i imagine that being able to turn your head and look backwards will still give much better spatial awareness. it's like parallel parking using just the rear view and side mirrors vs looking backwards. i can easily manage both, but find the latter faster and i can gauge distance and locational relationships better.