1/48 VF-1D

jorawar_b

I am trying to build a 1/48 yamato Orbot, this project has been going on for a few years as I work on it here and there.

I have tried to get some hi res pictures of the orbot model kit to try to match the paint, but I have not been able to find any, if someone on here can help, it would really help me.

Thank you in advance to everyone who can help.

I remember seeing that kit back in Pittsburgh in my old comc book shop on Craig Street. It was a Imai ripoff because I have the original Imai sculpted model kit that Bandai had reissued for the Macross fifteenth Anniversary line.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

I remember seeing that kit back in Pittsburgh in my old comc book shop on Craig Street. It was a Imai ripoff because I have the original Imai sculpted model kit that Bandai had reissued for the Macross fifteenth Anniversary line.

technically they're repackages of the old Imai kits. Ripoff imply they stole the designs rather than licensing them.

Would it have been easier to use a LV2 1/48, add the VF-1D parts, then mask and paint?

Nice job. Looks interesting without the camo pattern.

This was started before the LV2 came out from what I remember.