More New Macross After Zero.

Roy Focker

Good news. A glimmer of hope remains. Don't know what it will be about, there will be endless speculation I'm sure, like always, but at a minimum I'm just happy to hear there is more Macross goodness to come.

I just thank God it is official by know and that Macross is advancing as the Froating Head said once.

I wonder what Kawamori has in mind after such astonishing quality delivered by M0. The two most probable alternatives for the setting are either in the 2040s when M0 events are revealed/discovered with some cameos or connections to Macross Plus or between the 2020-30s featuring all the dark VFs such as the VF-14 or VF-9 and 5000 focusing in all the small guerrila wars and colony wars or maybe UN corruption , who knows.

At least we know we´re getting more Macross after Zero :lol:

I'd love it if there was a cameo by Gamlin, heck even Fire Bomber in a concert would be good. I'm hoping it might be able to cover the time between SDF and Macross Plus and the time after Macross 7. Either in flashbacks or have part of the story taking place between SDF and Plus and the second half after Mac 7. Either more Macross is a great thing.

While I would love to see a member of the old cast on the series, it won't be necessary.

In any case, I hope the feel of this series is different than what's been done. New music flavor, new VFs designs, etc. I just want it to be different. If it's a rehash of SDF, M+, M7, M0 or even MII (hell MII is a rehash of DYRL?)....I'll be unhappy. I want it to be different than what has been done.

More Yamato toys :lol: and more bucks to burn :(

While I would love to see a member of the old cast on the series, it won't be necessary.

In any case, I hope the feel of this series is different than what's been done. New music flavor, new VFs designs, etc. I just want it to be different. If it's a rehash of SDF, M+, M7, M0 or even MII (hell MII is a rehash of DYRL?)....I'll be unhappy. I want it to be different than what has been done.

I say different story...everything else can remain the same!

Wow, this is awesome news...I am hoping that it means new mecha designs...I just can't get enough of those Valkyries! IF they are the caliber of Mac Zero valks, then we are in for a very nice treat, but I am sure that we will not see this new thing for a year or two....But that will give us time to complete Macross Zero and maybe even get a domestic release of it.

Thanks Roy Focker, awesome news!

Larry

While new mecha would always be welcome, I'm crossing my fingers for a series that takes place between Flashback and M+, featuring the VF-4 Lightning III. Anything to improve our chances of seeing a Lightning III toy from Yamato!

I don't want to rain on anybody's parade here, but just because Egan Loo announces that Studio Nue is working on a new project, doesn't automatically mean it is a new Macross project! Yes, the chance is high it will be Macross, but I woudn't treat it as fact yet until we know more.

Also, IIRC, there was already a thread a few week or months ago where it was announced that Nue or Kawamori is working on a new, as yet to be announced series.

Graham

I don't want to rain on anybody's parade here, but just because Egan Loo announces that Studio Nue is working on a new project, doesn't automatically mean it is a new Macross project! Yes, the chance is high it will be Macross, but I woudn't treat it as fact yet until we know more.

Also, IIRC, there was already a thread a few week or months ago where it was announced that Nue or Kawamori is working on a new, as yet to be announced series.

Graham

I agree.

Although I hope for a new Macross series, remember that Kawamori and Studio Nue itself has had a hand in a very high portion of anime over the past 20 years. So this announcement could be anything.

With that in mind, I want to see more of my VF-9, damnit!!!

Show the Cutlass some love you Floating Head!!!

True we might be jumping the gun but why make a statement like that on a Macross information site if it wasn't a Macross project. Granted like said the possiblity that it is Macross is pretty high, I can't wait for more information.

Well, the fraoting head is involved in whatever series may be developed, and that woud warrant any mention on a macross based site, seeing how Kawamori is the father of macross and all. But I too hope that it is a new macross realted series more than anything.

I'd like to see a series in between SDF and Macross Plus, perhaps showing more of the deep space against Zentraedi renegades that opens the latter. Isamu Dyson could have a cameo. I want to see more of those VF-11s.

As long as it features that high level of animation quality I'm not too bothered about when it's set, just hope it doesn't go for weird Macross 7 creature designs.

I'd like to see something new in the future after macross 7, I wouldn't object to seeing some of the existing characters i.e Max, Isamu, Hiakaru but I want to see some new Valks! As much as I would also love to see some of the history filled in I feel it can restrict the creators in terms of designs and story and can also mix up the timeline/continuity etc.

Forgot about that...could he give us Armored Core?

If it is a new Macross I'd like to all new characters, and just slight references to the others. Not that I don't like Max and Millia or anything, just I think they've had enough spot light, I'd like to see something really new. I don't know what the chances of this happening are but I'd like to see a dark themed Macross series.

And a Macross version of Full Metal Jacket would be cool. Some UN cadets getting the crap drilled out of them by some hardened drill instructor, then gettig hauled off to fight in some really ugly colony incident.

Think of the implications it would hold on the rights to the SDF-Macross story if BW and SN annouce a new series.

vinnie

I was just thinking that. Would make things interesting.

I've been doing quite a bit of research on this issue over the last couple weeks. Hopefully I'll have something to post in the license debate topic soon.

If it is a new Macross I'd like to all new characters, and just slight references to the others. Not that I don't like Max and Millia or anything, just I think they've had enough spot light, I'd like to see something really new. I don't know what the chances of this happening are but I'd like to see a dark themed Macross series.

And a Macross version of Full Metal Jacket would be cool. Some UN cadets getting the crap drilled out of them by some hardened drill instructor, then gettig hauled off to fight in some really ugly colony incident.

Just an inkling I have, but I'll bet the next Macross series is about a civil war post Mac+/Mac7. Either that or an OVA about a kid growing up dreaming about piloting valks ala 0080 :p