Macross Frontier Movie 2 thread - Now available on Blu-ray/DVD

Tochiro

Kawamori has said several times that the second movie would be an all-new story, so don't be surprised if it turns out that the Galaxy fleet are not even the enemies at all.

I'm inclined to agree. Grace doesn't seem to be "as sinister" as she turns out to be in the series. I think Leon is behind most of the animosity that's to come in the 2nd movie. It's all still up in the air, though.

I am really interested to find out if they will resolve the alto sheryl ranka triangle with this secound movie. Frontier was one of my favorite series, and that would make it all the more better. I don't care which one alto goes with just as long as he does. But I doubt they will resolve anything in this new movie, just like macross 7 never resolved anything when it comes to that.

So with this new trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GugClf1Em1M

it looks like they are going to keep michael alive and still keep his relationship with klan klan.

I wonder what is up with the bells and wedding dress scene. The real question is are they going to tie up loose ends with this one or are they going to make a new season? What do you think?

But we are all hoping that they will change the ending in a way to finaly tie up the love triangles and give a better epilogue for the rest of the characters. And I hope they keep michael alive. :)

The time of a movie is not the same as that of a series.

We saw all the episodes of the series, we know the plots, the climax, but that Ozma did not appear much,

so for me is the one to die instead of Michel.

Will be a sad and dramatic moment.

:(

Edited by Germán

Prior to the whole movie thing, I was sincerely expecting Michel to come back as a cyborg. I mean, to me it fit, since Brera went into action, but wasn't seen actually doing anything until much later. It was conceivable that he could pick up Michel from space, barely alive, and sequester him away somewhere for some later plan. Considering what happened to Brera and Grace back on that lil ship, this was actually feasible... and Alto's rival in the future would be cyborg Michel...

Ahh, but this isn't the place for speculation or wishful thinking.

I do wonder if Brera is gonna be Alto's rival in the next movie since they've gone all Kira and Athrun.

ATTN: Megahouse

I will be your best friend if you make this Sheryl into a 1/8th.

The face doesn't look anything like Sheryl IMO.

Graham

Hope we get more Ozma in the second movie, but somehow I doubt it.

Hope he doesn't die also.

Graham

Prior to the whole movie thing, I was sincerely expecting Michel to come back as a cyborg.

I really like this idea. Would work better for a second tv series so it could actually be developed, but I like it alot. Just as Brera destroys his remote control device and joins the good guys Mikhail comes back. Besides, what is cooler than zombie cyborgs?

Why do you say that? While I'm not a fan of the style, I would say she's really quite skilled and has got the layout techniques figured out pretty well.

This.

+ if you can draw a large amount of manga better, more consistently and always within short deadlines, why aren't you employed as a manga-ka?

Edited by sketchley

A little too much sibling love with ranka in this comic.

I thought that with this series being a "made you look" to the SDF macross series, instead of the lead ending up with the "misa type" character (Sheryl) they would flip it up with the shy cute popstar, a "minmai character" if you would (Ranka).

A little too much sibling love with ranka in this comic.

I thought that with this series being a "made you look" to the SDF macross series, instead of the lead ending up with the "misa type" character (Sheryl) they would flip it up with the shy cute popstar, a "minmai character" if you would (Ranka).

I wouldn't call Sheryl a "Misa Type" though. At all.

And this mangaka should learn how to draw.

Sounds like someone isn't familliar with the shoujo art style. Cos, you know, it is a shoujo manga after all...

I wouldn't call Sheryl a "Misa Type" though. At all.

Agreed.

Closest we got to a "Misa Type" is Cathy, and she's in a different triangle altogether.

Sheryl to me was kind of like Misa in a way that she scoulded Hikaru at first and then eventually grew to like him. I see were she is very different then Misa in so many ways, but this series seems to have some simularities to the original then changes it up last second like Pineaple Salad and Miss Macross competition when you thought it was going to be like the original show then it was'nt. And looking at the two in the triangle, Ranka is definintly the "Minmay type" of character. So in conjunction with the original series and the ongoing pattern of changing things up I felt that he would end with Ranka at the end of the series or maybe the end of the Movie. Wasn't there even a quote from the series where Alto said he would have to Kill Ranka becouse he loved her. I don't recall him ever saying he loved Sheryl. I honestly don't know though just a thought. What do you think?

Why do you say that? [...]

Characters' poses are far too much static and their facial expressions are too much forced to be convincing.

[...]

+ if you can draw a large amount of manga better, more consistently and always within short deadlines, why aren't you employed as a manga-ka?

'Cause I'm not interested into drawing comics probably...

And since when am I supposed to do better in order to get the right to have an opinion and to express it publicly?

Sounds like someone isn't familliar with the shoujo art style. Cos, you know, it is a shoujo manga after all...

[...]

I've seen shoujo art drawn with better skills, from Riyoko Ikeda or Keiko Takemiya – amongst others.

Sounds like someoneS can't handle criticism over a Macross product nowaday...

'Cause I'm not interested into drawing comics probably...

And since when am I supposed to do better in order to get the right to have an opinion and to express it publicly?

Where does it say in the TOS of this website that you have any rights?

I've seen shoujo art drawn with better skills, from Riyoko Ikeda or Keiko Takemiya – amongst others.

Sounds like someoneS can't handle criticism over a Macross product nowaday...

And I can say not everyone can draw as well as Mikimoto either.

The art's fine for what it is, it works and is not too dissimilar to the series designs. Be thankful it's not worse.

I have very little interest in drawing manga either but from what I know drawing manga is a lot harder than you think, just getting the framing right is half the battle. Seen that done wrong before and believe me, no matter how good your art is, it spoils everything.

IS that supposed to be Sheryl standing next to Alto? Other then the sleazy boots it doesn't look anything like her (or any other character...)

Just because she has her hair tied back and under a cap? Looks recognisable to me.

Where does it say in the TOS of this website that you have any rights?

Where does it say in the TOS of this website that I haven't any?

Enh...I have a number of problems with the Sheryl comic, but the art certainly isn't one of them...

C'mon, dude... I wasn't talking to you... ;)

[...]

The art's fine for what it is, it works and is not too dissimilar to the series designs. Be thankful it's not worse.

[...]

You'll always find worse, it isn't a reason to be pleased with anything...

I have very little interest in drawing manga either but from what I know drawing manga is a lot harder than you think, [...].

[...]

Seriously, what do you know about what I think?

I'll leave it where it is: whiny fanboy is whiny... :rolleyes: