Macross Frontier Movie 2 thread - Now available on Blu-ray/DVD

Tochiro

I'm glad I actually haven't watched the first movie yet. Marathoning both films back to back for the first time will be amazing.

I wouldn't recommend that -- both films have totally different pacing. You might be better off watching them on consecutive nights.

Hey Keith, do you get alot slowdown during the Vajra battle with the Konig, or the battle at the theater platform? I notice when there's alot of enemies, I get major slow down. Still, love the game. Jesus, when will we get a full PS3 game.I want something like Triangle Frontier, but in PS3 HD graphics!

This is nothing but conjecture, but a full game would hapen mid next year at the earlist and could look quite different to Last Frontier. This is because both Trial Frontier and Last Frontier arent so much demo games as they are place holders - basically uprezed PSP games. This is because the original PSP games were based on the Gundam VS engine - this doesnt exist on the PS3 yet and Macross fandom unfortunately isnt big enough or mainstream enough to warrant the costs of developing it from scratch. With Gundam Extreme VS coming out this December though, I figure it wont be long until it gets tweaked and reused for a true HD Macross game, possibly for the 30th Anniversary. Like I said, all purely conjecture on my part, but it makes sense to me at least, lol.

This is nothing but conjecture, but a full game would hapen mid next year at the earlist and could look quite different to Last Frontier. This is because both Trial Frontier and Last Frontier arent so much demo games as they are place holders - basically uprezed PSP games. This is because the original PSP games were based on the Gundam VS engine - this doesnt exist on the PS3 yet and Macross fandom unfortunately isnt big enough or mainstream enough to warrant the costs of developing it from scratch. With Gundam Extreme VS coming out this December though, I figure it wont be long until it gets tweaked and reused for a true HD Macross game, possibly for the 30th Anniversary. Like I said, all purely conjecture on my part, but it makes sense to me at least, lol.

Thanks for this. It certainly makes a lot of sense.

Finally I watched the movie with subtitle!

I'm glad that I did, as the plot is very different from the TV version.

I only watched the movie part 1 and part 2 once only, so I am still wondering:

So Sheryl knows she is a test subject all along? And the impacts of her songs?

If you never read any anime magazine or forums or whatsoever third party source, how do you know that is Isamu from the other Macross fleet?

I won't bother with other plot holes. It would be meaningless, because obviously the script writer doesn't care.

Me too I love the TV version better, though the movie version is not as bad as I've thought/ heard.

P.S. though I own the BD from the PS3 hybrid pack, I downloaded a 720p MKV (need the subtitles). I watched it on my iPAD2 and it is beautiful.

If you never read any anime magazine or forums or whatsoever third party source, how do you know that is Isamu from the other Macross fleet?

I won't bother with other plot holes. It would be meaningless, because obviously the script writer doesn't care.

Me too I love the TV version better, though the movie version is not as bad as I've thought/ heard.

P.S. though I own the BD from the PS3 hybrid pack, I downloaded a 720p MKV (need the subtitles). I watched it on my iPAD2 and it is beautiful.

watched it w/o subs, but were these eng subs? if so where?

No, Macross PSP games are using Gundam Battle series engine, not Gundam VS. They're entirely different.

To answer one of those questions:

its isamu's voice actor. He is also credited as ISAMU in the credits. Everyone in the cinema who was a Macross fan knew it was him the moment they heard that voice!

No, Macross PSP games are using Gundam Battle series engine, not Gundam VS. They're entirely different.

Actually no, The Battle series took the VS engine and made a single player campaign by linking the arenas via corridors. Its still basically the same engine underneath. Then again, there are parts of THAt that are still obviously being used more or less intact from the original Capcom/Dreamcast Gundam DX game. But I digress.

Regardless, neither engine has had a remake/comprehensive port to the PS3 yet. Also, given the greater popularity of VS over the Battle games, which have seen decreasing sales with each new iteration AND were made fairly redundant anyway once the last PSP VS game added a single player campaign, I'm betting that using the new VS engine as a framework would be the only way to have a Macross game done in a matter timely enough to coincide with some of the anniversary hype.

Once again though - all conjecture at this point.

To answer one of those questions:

its isamu's voice actor. He is also credited as ISAMU in the credits. Everyone in the cinema who was a Macross fan knew it was him the moment they heard that voice!

Actually the voice, the tone and the manuver!

watched it w/o subs, but were these eng subs? if so where?

Sorry, those were Chinese subs.

2、HOMO(01:38:53)

Sheryl and Ranka's relation~~~

Homo, outside of slang, usually means "of the same kind".

I'm tempted to guess that the artists deliberately placed the word there to implying that either Sheryl and Ranka are homogeneous with each other, OR that they are homo sapiens; aka human.

In general, gay (ゲイ) is used commonly to indicate homosexuals.

Homo, outside of slang, usually means "of the same kind".

I'm tempted to guess that the artists deliberately placed the word there to implying that either Sheryl and Ranka are homogeneous with each other, OR that they are homo sapiens; aka human.

In general, gay (ゲイ) is used commonly to indicate homosexuals.

LOL

Somebody really liked Osamu Tetsuka to put Black Jack and Astro Boy/Atom on the screens.

WTF! Four more Macross Quarters! One in SDF1 Macross TV colors. This makes more sense than having a single Battle class or one or two Macross class to a battle. More economical.

Somebody really liked Osamu Tetsuka to put Black Jack and Astro Boy/Atom on the screens.

In fact, a great deal of Tezuka masterworks are sampled on some of the holoscreens, including one with a full-blown vintage pantyshot. :lol:

I also have a full length video of Sheryl's sunscreen TV spot.

Guess this counts as a spoiler on the game on the bluray so...

loved unlocking the Ozma Lee YF-29 for use :) it so needs a figure

So is it like Alto's, only Yellow where the Red would be, and Grey where the white would be? I'm really curious as to what that would look like.

-Kyp

So is it like Alto's, only Yellow where the Red would be, and Grey where the white would be? I'm really curious as to what that would look like.

-Kyp

Its mostly black with grey and has little yellow. Though it appears to have the laser pack like the tornado and altos yf-29 it doesnt use it in the game and instead gets an extra weapon called "ranka love" that makes it gold but what else I dont know. I honestly like the head better than Altos.

Edited by Sorata

Its mostly black with grey and has little yellow. Though it appears to have the laser pack like the tornado and altos yf-29 it doesnt use it in the game and instead gets an extra weapon called "ranka love" that makes it gold but what else I dont know. I honestly like the head better than Altos.

If they made that, I don't think even I could resist getting it. :p

-Kyp

Yea, I noticed that as well

Kawamori explained the meaning of Tezuka references littered in the film in the official guidebook but I don't have it with me right now. Perhaps some other forum member might be in better position to check it out.

I hope you've enjoyed the great film, Solidus (you may or may not remember but I'm the /a/non with whom discussion in Sacred Seven, lol, threads occasionally shifted to final Macross film) :)

re: the "homo" bit

they're the mystical/alchemical set props for Sheryl's Kindan no Elixir comment. It's the kind of mystical haberdashery Evangelion is littered with and in this context means man/human being. It has nothing to do with being gay

though by the grace of god almighty Sheryl/Ranka ending in delicious yurisex is the only acceptable shipping option in Frontier triangle. No exceptions

Kawamori explained the meaning of Tezuka references littered in the film in the official guidebook but I don't have it with me right now. Perhaps some other forum member might be in better position to check it out.

I think it was basically that he wanted to connect the legends of Japanese animation like Tezuka to this film, which he believes is a new milestone in "Japanimation". I don't remember exactly, but I remember it sounded very much like an appeal towards foreign markets which was interesting considering the rights situation. Maybe I read too much into it, I'll have to go back and re-read it.