Macross Frontier Movie 2 thread - Now available on Blu-ray/DVD

Tochiro

WooT! Mine came! And I have t o say....Now THIS is how you do a special edition!

Copies of the script for both this and the previous movie, cinema booklets for each movie, mini reproductions of all the promotional posters, some line art, a strip of commemorative film, space to slot in the previous movie, and a bonus PS3 game. All in a sturdy box with some gorgeous YF-29 artwork by Tenjin - its a record of the movies and the phenomenon that surrounded them. VERY impressed. Most likely the best deluxe set I own. Looks great next to the box sets of the series too :-)

post-9325-0-25862800-1319114782_thumb.jpg

WooT! Mine came! And I have t o say....Now THIS is how you do a special edition!

Copies of the script for both this and the previous movie, cinema booklets for each movie, mini reproductions of all the promotional posters, some line art, a strip of commemorative film, space to slot in the previous movie, and a bonus PS3 game. All in a sturdy box with some gorgeous YF-29 artwork by Tenjin - its a record of the movies and the phenomenon that surrounded them. VERY impressed. Most likely the best deluxe set I own. Looks great next to the box sets of the series too :-)

post-9325-0-25862800-1319114782_thumb.jpg

Yeah, but you don't have a Skull Gunner! :p

I got an email from CD Japan yesterday saying it was shipped and on its way. This surprised me greatly, since it was on the morning of the 19th and not yet the 20th in Japan. Guess they couldn't wait :)

Oh, Keith, that unpacking video is pure torture...what a tease...

mine's on the way too =)

but not the top end set, just the hybrid one.

question to those who've seen this movie and understands japanese: in your opinion, will watching this without understanding japanese significantly diminish the emotional impact of this movie?

when i got the first movie i watched it raw then the fansubbed version some weeks later. sure i understood it better with the subbed second viewing, but i found that i didn't lose much when i first watched it raw. for this second movie, i gather there's a bit more drama so i'm cautious about the first viewing. thoughts?

I second Gubaba. Wait for subs. I knew enough japanese to follow the film without problems (only getting lost in few technobabble scenes and the like but I was able to infer the meaning from visuals then) but had I known nothing...nah, better wait

I'm unlikely to get my copy till next week since they don't make deliveries here on the weekends and it's unlikely to make it to me by today, EMS or not. Most likely to see the subs up over the weekend before I get my pack.

Unfortunate since I always watch my physical raw copies first. I paid enough for it to be usurped by anything else.

Opening was nice. Laughs at preview trailer misdirection. That's probably the end of it for me until subs.

hahahahaha yeah, I had hard time not letting out a loud "HA!" when the troll was revealed. Kawamori never changes

Wow, super quick service from Amazon JP!

I only placed my order for the DVD last week, but when I got home from work last night, there is was sitting on my table at home waiting for me :)

Can't believe it arrived on the same day it was released. Orders from Japan usually take 3-4 days to reach Hong Kong.

And the DVD came with a film strip which surprized me. I thought it was only the Blu-ray disks that had the film strip. I remember my DVD of the first movie didn't include a film strip. Anyway, my filmstrip is (I think) a Vajra head).

No chance to watch it yet, will do so at the weekend.

Graham

Wow, super quick service from Amazon JP!

I only placed my order for the DVD last week, but when I got home from work last night, there is was sitting on my table at home waiting for me :)

Can't believe it arrived on the same day it was released. Orders from Japan usually take 3-4 days to reach Hong Kong.

And the DVD came with a film strip which surprized me. I thought it was only the Blu-ray disks that had the film strip. I remember my DVD of the first movie didn't include a film strip. Anyway, my filmstrip is (I think) a Vajra head).

No chance to watch it yet, will do so at the weekend.

Graham

Hi Graham, I am just wondering why you chose to order online but not from the local shops? How much it costs you in total with the shipping?

I wish to compare which is the better route in future. Thanks!

Hi Graham, I am just wondering why you chose to order online but not from the local shops? How much it costs you in total with the shipping?

I wish to compare which is the better route in future. Thanks!

Amazon almost always price matches the lowest available price for an item, and when you combine that with the lack of tax (for now), it amounts to being cheaper & more conveinent than a brick and mortor store. Now import shipping prices can sometimes be pricey, but it usually works out.

On another topic, I'm officially wishing that I get a filmstrip featuring Sheryl's ass. ::crosses fingers::

Over at MAL's discussion thread on the movie, I lol'd at the debating shippers trying to justify themselves even as we have known for long enough who is Alto's number one woman. :lol:

I am highly satisfied with the conclusion, that all debts have been paid, and the great journey took me to an emotional roller-coaster ride of close-in, frantic furballs and high-octane, soul-stirring singing, has come to a peaceful end.

*Takes out a bottle of Vat 69, uncorks it and fills every shotglass, before picking up one for himself*

May I raise a toast to those who have survived, and glad to witness by their eyes a wonderful saga of love, redemption, balls-to-the-wall courage, stirring ballads and homing micro-missiles.... Kampai!

Edited by soul.assassin

I got the email this afternoon that my set shipped today! I should see it waiting for me by the time I get home from work!

I'm guessing that the company that I deal with actually gets their merchandise prior to their Japanese release dates despite being located in New York.

Still waiting for mine. :( I ordered from play asia. I got the limited edition set, and the regular hybrid edition. That way I watch the regular edition, and keep the limited one sealed. God I hope they arrive soon. I already downloaded and converted the raw, but I dont really know Japanese. So oh well. I'll just wait till someone releasees the subs. :unsure:

Can't say much, but a bigger version is now out there. :)

Addendum: from a careful study of a screenshot, I was astonished that portions of the characters' profiles from Wikipedia were copy-pasted onto one of the scenes.

Edited by soul.assassin