Macross Frontier Movie 2 thread - Now available on Blu-ray/DVD

Tochiro

Finally got my complete Movie 2 book. Now I can't wait to see the movie when it finally gets released.

A couple of interesting notes (Apologies ahead if those have been previously discussed)

Multiple Macross Quarters: I like the fact that like the Macross class itself, each quarter type seem to be customized. Did anyone notice the Quarter from Mac 17 group, that ship seem to be armed with lots and lots of extra guns. Nice change instead of just a palette swap. In fact, that thing had so many guns, it seemed a little silly.

Was under the impression that VF-29 didn't have FAST pack, but that would be unmacross like I guess. And VF-19 had VF-25 like FAST pack. Pretty cool. I'm only surprised they didn't add those along with the old VF-19 style FAST packs

Multiple Macross Quarters: I like the fact that like the Macross class itself, each quarter type seem to be customized. Did anyone notice the Quarter from Mac 17 group, that ship seem to be armed with lots and lots of extra guns. Nice change instead of just a palette swap. In fact, that thing had so many guns, it seemed a little silly.

Was under the impression that VF-29 didn't have FAST pack, but that would be unmacross like I guess. And VF-19 had VF-25 like FAST pack. Pretty cool. I'm only surprised they didn't add those along with the old VF-19 style FAST packs

Apology accepted. You'll have to look through earlier pages in this thread... possibly in another one of my translation updates threads about Great Mechanics.DX for

specific fleets the multiple Macross Quarters belong to.

I believe the YF-29's Super Parts are common knowledge as they're available for the Chogokin toy.

Look closer at the VF-19. It has the AFV Super Parts AND the VF-25 wing Super Parts.

Edited by sketchley

One thing I really noticed there, only incidentally a spoiler:

Now that I see this at high resolution, the text under Sheryl's mugshot is literally cut and pasted from the "List of Macross Frontier characters" page on English Wikipedia, complete with numbered footnotes.

Yes, there are lots of those in anime. In fact, the computer monitor in one of the Frontier episodes displayed a copy-paste from Adobe Lightroom or InDesign manual to stand in for a fictitious Cosmos Nature-article.

Heck, I should tell you about Stargazer Gundam being programmed with Javascript... :)

Yes, there are lots of those in anime. In fact, the computer monitor in one of the Frontier episodes displayed a copy-paste from Adobe Lightroom or InDesign manual to stand in for a fictitious Cosmos Nature-article.

Heck, I should tell you about Stargazer Gundam being programmed with Javascript... :)

I think that was the same AfterEffects plugin documentation that was later put on Sheryl's medical report at the hospital (there placed after a more official-looking letterhead.) Looking it up, that was pretty clearly used for some of the space effects in the show, so apparently they just grabbed it out of software on hand.

In the episode "Northern Cross", when Luca's on the Quarter's monitor, you can see text that includes the directories for Satelight's HIBIKI, who was a motion graphics guy on the show.

"RecentContentDir I:\HIBIKI_works\SAT\FGG\hibiki(it cuts off there)" It's from whatever 3D program they were using.

Edited by Talos

Some of the SDF-1 screens in Macross the First 3 are clearly displaying the MS Windows Blue Screen of Death error screen. LOL, that explains so much.

Some of the SDF-1 screens in Macross the First 3 are clearly displaying the MS Windows Blue Screen of Death error screen. LOL, that explains so much.

If mice could swim

They would float with the tide

And play with the fish

Down by the seaside.

The cats on the shore

Would quickly agree

There's a meal to be had

At the edge of the sea.

Hi again, I found the sites to pre-order some pages ago.

Still, i have to decide between CDJapan and AmiAmi now. I hope someone here can enlighten me

CDJapan has a higher price (10000yen), but the shipping is guarantied to go SAL (1640yen).

CDJapan also gives 1000yen discount for my next purchase.

AmiAmi has 13%off the price : 8690 yen, but the shipping cost stay pending until the package is released.

I heard from some guys than AmiAmi has the bad habit of choosing EMS (4760 yen aprox.) without letting you change it later.

So, in the end:

CDJapan(11640 yen, with SAL)

VS

AmiAmi(13450 yen, assuming it ends shipped with EMS)

Which one should I choose? Its the rumor i heard about AmiAmi true?

Im thinking this maybe too much :wacko:

Any advice will be well received

Edited by crixskn

I heard from some guys than AmiAmi has the bad habit of choosing EMS (4760 yen aprox.) without letting you change it later.

i've never had that experience myself, even for very large or very expensive orders. actually, sometimes when my SAL shipping charge goes north of 4k i actually wish they would upgrade it to EMS since the incremental would be small but i'll get my package faster.

for small parcels like this BD, i find it unlikely they will send it via EMS if you've specified SAL. unless of course you've bundled it with a ton of other stuff

Have so far had very good experiences with CD Japan using SAL. Most dvd's and cd's I've ordered took between 5 and 9 days to arrive (living in Denmark at the moment) as long as I don't have to pay customs (which then takes another 2, 3 days.). In any case, nothing's never been lost or taken too long to arrive with SAL.

i've never had that experience myself, even for very large or very expensive orders. actually, sometimes when my SAL shipping charge goes north of 4k i actually wish they would upgrade it to EMS since the incremental would be small but i'll get my package faster.

for small parcels like this BD, i find it unlikely they will send it via EMS if you've specified SAL. unless of course you've bundled it with a ton of other stuff

I heard it from 3 guys in another forum. One order of vf-27 and two pre-orders of yf-29s with pending shipping cost.

When release date was close and pre-orders unavailable anymore, AmiAmi charged them with yf/vf cost + SAL Parcel 5000yen (it wasn't EMS, sorry :rolleyes: )

Still , kind of a high price for me. I had good experiences with CDJapan so far, may try my luck with them again.

Thanks for the advices.

I heard it from 3 guys in another forum. One order of vf-27 and two pre-orders of yf-29s with pending shipping cost.

When release date was close and pre-orders unavailable anymore, AmiAmi charged them with yf/vf cost + SAL Parcel 5000yen (it wasn't EMS, sorry :rolleyes: )

Still , kind of a high price for me. I had good experiences with CDJapan so far, may try my luck with them again.

Thanks for the advices.

The size & weight of the orders in those cases may have justified the upgrade. This won't be anywhere near the size and weight of a toy.

New Famitsu is out with really interesting never-before-seen new images! I would scan them, but some people might think of them as spoilers (I don't consider them so, but don't want to risk it), and I'm not familiar with the new forum software to know how to put spoiler tags and get it right first time, so this is just a heads-up.

New Famitsu is out with really interesting never-before-seen new images! I would scan them, but some people might think of them as spoilers (I don't consider them so, but don't want to risk it), and I'm not familiar with the new forum software to know how to put spoiler tags and get it right first time, so this is just a heads-up.

Scan images, put them in a spoiler tag/profit!!

Also, any news about online multiplayer?

Hi again, I found the sites to pre-order some pages ago.

Still, i have to decide between CDJapan and AmiAmi now. I hope someone here can enlighten me

CDJapan has a higher price (10000yen), but the shipping is guarantied to go SAL (1640yen).

CDJapan also gives 1000yen discount for my next purchase.

AmiAmi has 13%off the price : 8690 yen, but the shipping cost stay pending until the package is released.

So, in the end:

Which one should I choose? Its the rumor i heard about AmiAmi true?

Im thinking this maybe too much wacko.gif

Any advice will be well received

I went with CDJapan since Amazon.jp is sold out.

I didn't realize I had left over points, so it saved me about $5.00 off my final bill... :)

I though about SAL, but for an extra 1000 yen you can get it overnight via FedEx, so why wait weeks and weeks?

I went with FedEx...

OK, I'm confused.

Why is the outer box art for the Amazon.jp set different from the Cd Japan set?

http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_sim_m10

http://www.cdjapan.c...?KEY=BLJS-93004

Anyone know?

CDJapan still has the preliminary box art up, and amazon has the final box art up.

Now about those famitsu scans, you can't tease something like that and not deliver!!

... buy the magazine?

Personally, I've flipped through it. Was tempted to buy it as it's got a fairly large article with an interview w/ S.K.; but ultimately decided not to as aside from some heretofore unseen game mecha, there's nothing really truly must-have about the rest of the images/articles. But that's just me.

CDJapan still has the preliminary box art up, and amazon has the final box art up.

Now about those famitsu scans, you can't tease something like that and not deliver!!

YF-29 Ozuma type; YF-29 Isamu Type; YF-29 Lo-viz type -- no, they are not just repaints, all different headsculpts.

YF-29 Ozuma type; YF-29 Isamu Type; YF-29 Lo-viz type -- no, they are not just repaints, all different headsculpts.

Excellent, hopefully they have playable characters to match, specifically the second type you mentioned.

I hate myself for going into such a thread and dare not clicking any of the spoiler buttons.

Even if I get the BD (hopefully this week), I won't dare to watch it yet -- I want to watch the subtitled dup for the first view to know the story.

Yep! Same plan for me!

I watched the first one raw, but since this one drastically changes up things even more than the first, I think I'll wait for a sub for the first full playthrough. I'd love to arrange some sort of viewing party.

I've actually yet to see the first one subbed.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus