Macross Frontier Movie 2 thread - Now available on Blu-ray/DVD

Tochiro

Daaaamn that trailer IS spoilerific to the MAX! (←hint?)

I recommend holding off on watching it if you want to avoid spoilers. Keep in mind its made for the japan market and therefore presumes that everyone has already seen the movie (ie, 'Now you can watch the galaxy shaking conclusion AT HOME!')

The Last Frontier footage is niiiice. Good to see that certain mechs from the movie will be in it! Just wish it was a fully fledged stand alone product instead of an extra....

Daaaamn that trailer IS spoilerific to the MAX! (←hint?)

I recommend holding off on watching it if you want to avoid spoilers. Keep in mind its made for the japan market and therefore presumes that everyone has already seen the movie (ie, 'Now you can watch the galaxy shaking conclusion AT HOME!')

The Last Frontier footage is niiiice. Good to see that certain mechs from the movie will be in it! Just wish it was a fully fledged stand alone product instead of an extra....

Given how much more complete the game engine looks in this one, I think we may be getting closer to a full game.

Looking at the trailer again, it looks like we're also going to be able to use custom paint schemes. You'll note there are white VF-25 & YF-29's shown. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the game had a full campaign for both movies (maybe 4-5 missions each) and a save feature this time.

Dare we dream of online multiplayer? :)

Edited by Keith

They are Sayonara no Tsubasa ~ the end of triangle (サヨナラノツバサ 〜the end of triangle) for the movie trailer and Houkago Overflow (放課後オーバーフロウ) for the game.

Edited by Jefferson

They are Sayonara no Tsubasa ~ the end of triangle (サヨナラノツバサ 〜the end of triangle) for the movie trailer and Houkago Overflow (放課後オーバーフロウ) for the game.

Ah, Thanks a lot :). Listening to them over and over got me hooked.

Dare we dream of online multiplayer? :)

If that happens, well... I think all comers will have to contend with the so-called "Itano Circus", several times more severe than QAAM-spam from Su-47s in Ace Combat 6 multiplayer. :lol: I would love the challenge, if only I have my own PS3 to begin with.

Edited by soul.assassin

Impressive. And that's just within Japan too, since Amazon.jp isn't shipping this outside of it.

Hi Fellow Boardies,

Ok so i'm ever more confused. I've read through the threads and i haven't figured it out yet.

The Macross Frontier The Movie: The Wings of Goodbye (the 2nd MacF movie) that you are speaking of has the 2 Hybrid packs that come with the game, (a game?)

So this Macross game, is it a full fledged game for the PS3 or is it half a game or a demo of a game? Also does the game work on North American PS3? I believe the Bly-ray movie itself would since North America and Japan share the same blu-ray region?

Thanks

--2 bluray/hybrid releases, one regular edition, one limited edition with more external bonuses.

-Both the movie & game will play on any region A capable PS3 (North America & Japan), outside of that I'm not sure.

-At this stage, the game appears to be 2 campaigns, one for Itsuwari no Utahime, one for Sayonara no Tsubasa. How many stages are in each campaign isn't clear yet, and it's doubtful that there will be any mecha selectable from outside of the Frontier series/movies.

• 4 weeks later...

As you guys probably already know Sayonara no Tsubasa won Kobe Animation Award for the best anime film

My friend on another forum translated what was said:

FEATURE FILM AWARD -- MACROSS FRONTIER: SAYONARA NO TSUBASA

「もし○○に△△がなかったら・・・」。長い年月をへないと空白部分に言葉を入れることができない質問だが、前者に日本のアニメ、後者にマクロスという言葉を入れてみるとどうだろう。もし日本のアニメにマクロスがなかったら、アニメ業界をめぐる状況は現在と変わっていたかもしれない。歌という要素をアニメの中身に大胆にフューチャーし、エンターテインメントとしてのアニメの領域を広げたマクロスシリーズの功績はとても大きい。2008年にテレビシリーズとして開始された『マクロスF』シリーズの集大成ともいえる劇場版2作の完結編である本作への授賞は、作品自体への評価と同時に、河森正治監督とこれまでのマクロスに関わってきたすべての関係者へのアニメーション神戸からの感謝の気持ちなのだ。ありがとう、マクロス。

"If there had not been △△ in ○○". It is a question that without long years and months past one cannot fill in the blanks. How about putting the words "Japan anime" in ○○ and "Macross" in △△ ? If there had not been Macross in Japan anime, the situation in the anime industry would probably be quite different from now. It boldly featured the element of "songs" as part of the anime contents. The achievement of Macross series in broadening the anime as an entertainment is tremendous. The award to this movie, the final of the 2 movies that could be described as the comprehensive summary of the "Macross F" series which had started as TV series back in 2008, is a confirmation of the quality of the anime work itself, but at the same time, it is also the thankful feelings from Animation Kobe to Director Shouji Kawamori and everyone who was involved with Macross over time. Thank you, Macross.

So, who all have pre-ordered the (darn expensive grr) special edition? I sure did! Worth it

Edited by Xard

I am just looking over the preorder MF2 blurays compared to the DVD on cd japan.

Does any one know if the 70 minutes of bonus movie footage are only on the blurays?

Would that be deleted scenes or additional scenes added into the movie?

I haven't read much of this thread in order to avoid spoiling the movie for myself.

Amazon.co.jp has a new image up for the LE version. The box art is different, and now has a wraparound YF-29, and from what I can gleam from machine translation, the box will also have room for Itsuwari no Utahime.

Ok whoa. I might just have to get a PS3 now.

I had to do a triple take. I thought there was footage from the game of flying a YF-19... but it looks like you can get a YF-29 in the YF-19 markings. :blink: Makes me wonder, can you also get the YF-19 then?

It's a generic paint scheme YF-29. It means they added in the custom paint scheme feature from the PSP games.