Macross Frontier Movie 2 thread - Now available on Blu-ray/DVD

Tochiro

Hi all,

I got 2 friends visiting Tokyo from 22 Feb to 27 Feb 2011, they would like to catch the 2nd movie if possible before flying back. As they can not speak Japanese, they would have difficulty securing the tickets. Could anyone help? Would pass you their contact details if you are able. Thanks

The only problem is if there are any seats available as they could all be sold out due to it's popularity, limited screens and being so close to it's premier.

Otherwise getting a ticket even though you can't speak Japanese shouldn't be too much of a problem. Availability is the problem here I'm afraid to say.

Edited by Strumvogel

The only problem is if there are any seats available as they could all be sold out due to it's popularity, limited screens and being so close to it's premier.

Otherwise getting a ticket even though you can't speak Japanese shouldn't be too much of a problem. Availability is the problem here I'm afraid to say.

Try not to go to the crowded places (like Ikebukuro) maybe at another theater you might have more luck.

Just in Tokyo... 6 cinemas.

Shinjuku

Toyosu

Ikebukuro

Tachikawa

Roppongi

I don't remember where else. Check on the official webpage.

Hi guys, thanks for the advice, I would let them know, however, I agree it would be a long shot for them to watch it this weekend. Anyhow if you guys have a "Macrossworld gethering" of some sort during this weekend, they would like to join the gathering if you guys are planning one.

Todays Macross shenanigans - the new Ranka illustration book - found at a local bookshop in between work meetings ^^;

Drat! I new I should've wondered over to the bookstore next to work today!

That's IT??? Wow. Just.. wow. :wacko::mellow:

You're amazed that they had that *FEW* many screens for the movie. I'm amazed that they actually had that *many*.

Anime movies, unless they're really massive franchises, and maybe not even then, end up with not that many cinemas showing it.

(Ghibli & Pokemon excluded since they're actually a cultural phenomena)

Edited by Strumvogel

You're amazed that they had that *FEW* many screens for the movie. I'm amazed that they actually had that *many*.

Anime movies, unless they're really massive franchises, and maybe not even then, end up with not that many cinemas showing it.

The first movie was the same... I think the reason that the DVD came 1 year after the premiere is that they were still showing the movie city by city. 1 month in this city, another month here and there.

Same in the West. Eventhough anime is superior in just about every way (with a few notable exceptions) to western anime, it's still a cartoon after all and is given the same domestic respect as we do ours...

Unless the film is Disney or Pixar, it either doesn't play in as many theaters or doesn't play very long...

Same in the West. Eventhough anime is superior in just about every way (with a few notable exceptions) to western anime, it's still a cartoon after all and is given the same domestic respect as we do ours...

Unless the film is Disney or Pixar, it either doesn't play in as many theaters or doesn't play very long...

I remember when pokemon the first movie came out here in the states. The line was out to the street. It was the most I have ever seen at any movie.

Well, opening day is almost here! While the next few days will no-doubt have a bunch of pics, today the Macross F fanclub newsletter arrived. This one is very...pink.

post-9325-129864542229_thumb.jpg

Lotsa info on all the promotional attractions and events for the new movie

post-9325-129864542474_thumb.jpg

As well as interviews with Endo and Nakajima...that are censored to avoid spoilers ^^;

post-9325-129864542735_thumb.jpg

Of course the REAL mystery that I expect to be answered tomorrow is...will the killer Minmay doll strike AGAIN?!?!?

post-9325-129864542981_thumb.jpg

Of course the REAL mystery that I expect to be answered tomorrow is...will the killer Minmay doll strike AGAIN?!?!?

post-9325-129864542981_thumb.jpg

OK, if that's a Ranka doll, they are trying too hard to homage SDFM!

Edited by Zinjo

first of all no it's not, there is A LOT of really shitty anime out there just as there's a lot or really good western animation. also there are plenty of animated films that aren't made by Disney or Pixar that get full theatrical releases. The problem with anime is that it's foreign and therefore is subject to the same limited releases marketing that other foreign films do.

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its killing me can someone PM me the ending in like a pleaseee im sooo desperate to know despite what ending happens i will still watch the movie when it get out with english subs but im like freaking out what happened??? because i have been hearing rumor's and some make me estatic some are like wtf and some just make me depressed i need to know!

Oh no, spoil away, just put them in boxes. :p

I AGREE!

Edited by Promenades

kresphy actually posted a spoiler in Japanese. Had to do excite translate on it :-) But it was a poor translation and some parts were not all too clear. Can someone post it in better English?

THANK YOU !! IM SO CONFUSED people on animesuki are saying that his review was clear and as to who he pic was also put in his spoiler as well but i could barely understand that translation the google gave me and bing -_- so im not even sure if their spreading more rumors or it's the truth....

THANK YOU !! IM SO CONFUSED people on animesuki are saying that his review was clear and as to who he pic was also put in his spoiler as well but i could barely understand that translation the google gave me and bing -_- so im not even sure if their spreading more rumors or it's the truth....

I guess you joined Macrossworld just to get the spoilers for the 2nd movie right? :)