How do you like your VF-11 1/60 yamato?

arrow

I still think it wouldn't be too difficult for Yamato to make add-on parts for the 11 right now.

If they sold an armor set with an 11C I bet a lot of those would sell. More than just the regular 11C did.

Edited by Mommar

Experten again---Full Armor VF-11:

http://experten.coco...vf11/index.html

Seriously impressive!

Graham

http://experten.coco...vf11/index.html :ohmy:

Why is Yamato not developing any of these??? :(

Beacuse:

(a) The VF-11B and VF-11C didn't sell as well as expected, which sorta soured Yamato on doing anything more with the VF-11.

(b) When the VF-11 toy was designed they never considered the full armor, so the base toy is not really designed with attachment of the armor in mind, unlike the v.2 VF-1, which was designed from the start with armor in mind. Not saying armor couldn't be made to fit the VF-11, but it might not attach as well as it could.

Graham

To be fair, I don't think Experten made his VF-11 with the full armor in mind either. The VF-11 doesn't need to be prepped as much as the VF-1 and even the base VF-11 has enough slots and gaps due to its transformation and existing super parts that armor could be made to attach to.

You would probably need the huge gun just to keep the thing balanced in a neutral standing pose though.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got mine today. I absolutly love it. The VF-11B as been a personnal favorite ever since I fist saw the Macross Plus OVA. Here's a couple of shots of mine all stickered up.post-4654-0-02770200-1331003293_thumb.jpgpost-4654-0-11576200-1331003324_thumb.jpgpost-4654-0-46595200-1331003363_thumb.jpg

Congratulations, Lonewolf! It really is a beautiful bird.

Thanks man.

The landing gears are a pain to get out of the housing, but otherwise, I can't complain.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love my 11C. Favorite yamato toy. I had to give them to my dad for safe keeping while I PCS, I'm sad, I miss it. At least I have my 1/100s to fidget with. The Hips get loose quickly, and the gunpod is tricky to get seated right so it lines up correctly, so watch out for that. I think the 11B has better gunpod alignment, not sure I don't own one. I do wish I'd bought the 11B instead, as that's the M+ VF11, and I like it better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

......wow, I was the last to post here... and it wasn't that long ago!

Well I got my 11C and she is very pretty... but the gunpod sits crooked in fighter mode. Does anyone else have this, and are there any tips for straightening?

Otherwise a very nice toy. Im considering getting a second.

Make sure the the shoulder plates/pauldrons are flush with the chest piece to indicate the arms are as snug as possible - when u place the gunpod between the arms, make sure u massage it well and that everything is flush, once it is push the forearms (holding them together) and push again towards the chest - making sure again that the shoulder plates are flush with the chest piece. Place the legs and snap everything into place - and the gun should be fairly straight - some slight twisting should get it into position.

......wow, I was the last to post here... and it wasn't that long ago!

Well I got my 11C and she is very pretty... but the gunpod sits crooked in fighter mode. Does anyone else have this, and are there any tips for straightening?

Otherwise a very nice toy. Im considering getting a second.

Unfortunately the 11C's have a problem with the gunpod sitting crooked. I have three of them every one of them has this issue.