How do you like your VF-11 1/60 yamato?

arrow

I'm still thinking the release Graham isn't telling us about is perhaps Mylen's retooled and repainted sound force VF-11, or a possible jamming bird, we'll see.

But he said it was a release not by yamato.

I don't recall Graham saying this. He said it wasn't because of something Bandai was releasing.

What Graham’s said is that we should be prepared to wait till near the end of the year for the VF-17D and VF-19F because Yamato have been told to hold off on releasing further Macross 7 toys to coincide with the release later this year of a non-Yamato Macross 7 product which is unfortunately nothing toy related.

why don't you just buy the white one and repaint it yourself emot-eng101.gif

Experience has shown me that paint and transformation don't go well together. Heck, even Bandai and Yamato have issues with it. The VFX scheme is light gull grey overall, you'd have to paint EVERY bit of an existing VF-11. You'd have 1,000 scratches and chips the first time you transformed it.

Experience has shown me that paint and transformation don't go well together. Heck, even Bandai and Yamato have issues with it. The VFX scheme is light gull grey overall, you'd have to paint EVERY bit of an existing VF-11. You'd have 1,000 scratches and chips the first time you transformed it.

Probably not if you used a VF-11B, but I guess it's too dark.

just use plastic dyes

duh

• 3 weeks later...

If Yamato did an 11D, it'd be interesting to see how the cockpit cover is done. In any case, I wish Yamato would come out with more variants of the 11 as well. I don't know how many more variations of the B and C they could sell, but Mylene's 11 Max-L would be a definite buy for me, just like the VF-4, and like a VA-3, if they were to do that. Ray and Veffida's 17D would also have to be purchased as well, as Firebomber needs to be complete. Yamato should get try to get some of the licenses to make toy versions of Dengeki hobby and Hasegawa kits. I'd buy many of the Macross the Ride variations of the 11s, too, as well as the Thunder Focus.

I think they would have sold a lot more VF-11's had they made the GPB armor set for it.

This would definitely be the case. I'm actually really surprised that they haven't released the GPB armor as they could milk the mold like the VF-1 while still getting our money - especially if they made the armor only available with a VF-11 rather than as a stand alone release. Still, with all the Mac7 stuff they're throwing at us, hopefully this will happen someday. Afterall, we never thought we'd get a VF-4...

I'm looking at my 11c right now and I have to say that it's a really well made toy. It feels solid and holds its modes well. My only issue it the short landing gear. If any money could be alotted in a re release budget to fixes, I hope it would go to a telescopic gimmick to extend the landing gear. For know I'll have to display my scratch built boosters wheels up !

I just Picked up a VF-11b from a fellow MWer and I must say, I am Very Very impressed. All the joints feel nice and solid, transformation is easy and intuitive (aside from getting the lower heat shield up) I own VF-1 V1, 1/48s. yf 19, yf 22, and the vf-0a and S and i must say, this is the most stable and solid figure i've handled.