How do you like your VF-11 1/60 yamato?

arrow

The VF-11B is a good toy and my favorite design but the legs articulations are kind of weak....

video reviews that can be watched on the net clearly show it

If you spread the legs outwards, in gerwalk mode the valk will tends to collapse easily :unsure:

But I love my VF-11B

the best articulations award is for the VF-1 V2 :rolleyes:

Edited by Ghostkiller

The VF-11B is a good toy and my favorite design but the legs articulations are kind of weak....

video reviews that can be watched on the net clearly show it

If you spread the legs outwards, in gerwalk mode the valk will tends to collapse easily :unsure:

But I love my VF-11B

the best articulations award is for the VF-1 V2 :rolleyes:

The loose thigh swivel on the VF-11's is so easy to fix it's not even an issue. just remove one screw and apply nail polish to the mushroom peg sticking off the knee hinge. The biggest problem is the arm's and their complete inability to bend more than 90 degree's.

Personally I think the VF-19's have overall better articulation than the VF-1 v.2's. Ankle joints aside, the VF-19 has significantly better range of motion in the hips and the knee joints have a much deeper bend. everything else is about the same and I like the ankles better in battroid mode on the VF-19 since it has greater side to side motion and rotation.

The loose thigh swivel on the VF-11's is so easy to fix it's not even an issue. just remove one screw and apply nail polish to the mushroom peg sticking off the knee hinge. The biggest problem is the arm's and their complete inability to bend more than 90 degree's.

Personally I think the VF-19's have overall better articulation than the VF-1 v.2's. Ankle joints aside, the VF-19 has significantly better range of motion in the hips and the knee joints have a much deeper bend. everything else is about the same and I like the ankles better in battroid mode on the VF-19 since it has greater side to side motion and rotation.

well, there is always a way to fix issues, but t was an out of box point without the B plan :p and regarding the VF-19 you could be right but as I do not like any of the valks in M7, I can not tell really.... :p

In M7 the valks have this toy look that I do not like ....

Edited by Ghostkiller

• 2 weeks later...

Eventhough probably nobody cares anymore, here are my impressions of the VF-11B

The good:

- Appearance and proportions, this thing looks great in all three modes. Very balanced, doesn't seem like one mode preferred over the other.

- Transformation is so easy and simple, especially the arms. None of that swinging and fiddling to align like on the VF-1 v.2

- Pilot figure is crisp

The annoying:

- Split heat shield/removable cockpit, I don't care how anime accurate this is, the gimmick is cumbersome to do and the implementation is just so poor.

- Gunpod, can't sit properly in the hand, and the cover seems a bit loose for my tastes. Also can't be attached on the side of the arm.

- Shield --> loose in battroid mode

The poor:

- intakes keep hitting those leading edges in battroid mode --> tips get damaged and are not as pointy anymore!

The VF-0 has a similar issue where the intakes keep hitting those metal tabs. I wish they would pay more attention to freedom of movement on these things... grrr!

- Fast packs, absolutely nothing going for it, no inner details, no movable nozzles - just plain meh!

post-4055-0-64902000-1325957549_thumb.jpg post-4055-0-20446500-1325957557_thumb.jpg

I love the transformation of the Yammie and the gerwalk is the best. What I like the most is how they included the retractable panels to hide gaps in battroid and reinforce stability in gerwalk. I like it's leg and ankle articulation, particularly for gerwalk, the best of any of other Yamato, as well.

I still don't understand the loose shield comments on this thing. I have three 11C's and none of them have loose shields. I must have traded in some luck on these things in exchange for crappy 19S ankles or something.

I have one 11C and one 11B and they both have loose shields. The B is worse than the C, though. I also have a VF-19kai with crappy ankles. I traded money for them. :(

I don't care, though, really, they're all awesome. Especially the 11s, I think they're my favourite design and I love the toy. I even like the goofy 1/72 one, too. I'm even thinking of buying that Macross The Ride green Hasegawa VF-11D kit.

Just got my 11B and took it out of the box. My first impression is: what a beautiful bird! Though it looks a bit half-dressed and not very intimidating because of the tiny tailfins. Things improve quite a bit with the fast packs.

Picking it up, my first thought was how light it was! This comes from so much recent VF-19 and 25 handling. :)

Love the grey color. It gives it a more militaristic feel against the usual bright colors of other valkyries... though the orange striping does take a bit away from that. Not much though, since it's fairly minimal.

Has the meanest looking gunpod I've seen on a valkyrie. Guess it's the bayonet. :)

I was hoping I would get one of the earlier runs with the rainbow tinted canopy, but alas, just a plain clear canopy on mine. :(

Time to fiddle with transforming it before I detail it. :D

Thanks for that link. The Battroid seems rather wonky and not solid at all, and I don't like the high position of the shoulders, but aside from that, the Experten kit is an ingeniously engineered piece. And at 1/100, no less. I want one! .. For free. :p

I love that he's making ALL the accessories for it, too. I want Bandai to make this in 1/100 already. If it looks anything as good as this, even with part-swapping, it may well be my favourite Macross toy ever.

Hey, guys, I know some of you aren't very happy about the size of the tail fins... Have a look at this idea:

Source: http://webcache.goog...&client=firefox

Gald someone applied it to the 1/60 because that's the same thing we did with the diecast 1/72 VF-11 with a light blue paint sample from Lowe's and aircraft gray spray paint.

I'd love if Yamato released the atmospheric Super Packs for the VF-11C, but they seem relectant to do anything more with the VF-11, which is a shame. :(

I also wish the Super Packs that come with the VF-11C were a slightly darker shade of bluish-grey, as they appear in the anime, rather than light grey.

Graham

Graham---understandable if Yamato doesn't want to spend any more time/money for new molds for new parts---but can we at least get 1 more paint scheme? The VFX-2 Ravens scheme is still much-desired, and is frankly about the most-colorful scheme for the VF-11. (I swear the M7 VF-11C has the most boring scheme of any valk ever--it looks like the unpainted VF-1 kits)

This please:

vf-11b-vfx2-yellow-fighter.gif

I'd love if Yamato released the atmospheric Super Packs for the VF-11C, but they seem relectant to do anything more with the VF-11, which is a shame. :(

I also wish the Super Packs that come with the VF-11C were a slightly darker shade of bluish-grey, as they appear in the anime, rather than light grey.

Graham

I've been considering taking up 3D modelling to recreate something just like that.

I'm picturing the VF-11 ending up like the zero line, what's left out there is all there is, maybe since this is 2012 Yamato will put out some more stock but it's looking doubtful. I'd say grab any VF-11 while you can, my 11B got broken a few weeks back when I had some friends over, I promptly went in to search mode to find another, it is a pretty great mold articulation aside.

Is there another well-known scheme you'd prefer? After VFX, I think M3 Max and Milia are the next-best-known -11's.

I think what he means is that none of those are "well-known" and even if they did make them, nobody would buy them at the asking price. As much as I love these things, let's face it, they're most likely gonna throw Yamato right into the red if they dare make any more.

I hope in vain I'm wrong, though!

It really doesn't cost very much to make a repaint of the toy. Yamato's done the hard work releasing the first two toys. A simple repaint made in a very limited quantity could pretty easily break even... make a lot of money? Not so much. Actually, the MSRP on these was ridiculously high so they might be right to think there's not much audience for a limited release repaint.

Edited by jenius