How do you like your VF-11 1/60 yamato?

arrow

I was kidding about the v2 but there's no way this is yamato's best valk. The arm articulation is poor and i'm sure i'm far from the only person with issues with the shield. I just included this toy in a line up for my v2 vf25 review... It's definitely not in the same ballpark as the kai.

I was kidding about the v2 but there's no way this is yamato's best valk. The arm articulation is poor and i'm sure i'm far from the only person with issues with the shield. I just included this toy in a line up for my v2 vf25 review... It's definitely not in the same ballpark as the kai.

The arm articulation is kind of weak in my opinion too. However the shield business seems relegated to you. Neither of my C's have an issue with their shields. Maybe the B had one?

I just finished re-watching Mac7 and one thing I noticed is that there is not one single vf-11b in the whole show, all the cannon fodder is vf-11c. It seems weird to me, I mean they're already using the vf-11 as there primary work horse, wouldn't they use all the different variants? I mean was the step up from 11b to 11c really so great that they decided to not use ANY 11b's? Either way I never got an 11c as I think the pilot looked pretty goofy, and I prefer the color scheme of the 11b, if you don't have one get one, it's near perfect, like everyone said the shield is the only downside.

I forgot about the pink peckers, lol, they weren't a very important part of the show and honestly only mentioned a handful of times. I looked on the macross mecha manual, I'm surprised yamato hasn't released the jamming birds and pink peckers yet, they seem like easy enough remolds and we all know yamato, milk that crap.

I just finished re-watching Mac7 and one thing I noticed is that there is not one single vf-11b in the whole show, all the cannon fodder is vf-11c. It seems weird to me, I mean they're already using the vf-11 as there primary work horse, wouldn't they use all the different variants? I mean was the step up from 11b to 11c really so great that they decided to not use ANY 11b's?

Maybe they never got B's to start with? Maybe when M7 was launched, the 11C was already out, so there would be little point to make a massive order to equip the fleet with brand-new inferior models.

Think of Plus--in 2040, the VF-11 was already being ready to be replaced, and the B-model was relegated to testing grounds, and outskirt fleets. Still a main-line fighter, but no longer front-line/top-of-the-line. ::checks:: M7 was launched in 2038, so they could easily have gotten some of the first C's built as their initial equipment.

http://macross.anime...vf11/index.html

The compendium says that by 2040 all vf-11 were in the process of being upgraded to the C standard.

Good to know, I figured there was an explanation and a certain time that the line switched from B to C. As far as toys go, it seems like a good idea for yamato to put out a jamming bird. I mean they've pretty much perfected the VF-11 mold, seeing as how they are now releasing Mac7 valks it would seem like a good idea to break out the old VF-11 mold and update it, I'd honestly be in for one.

They could do Max's canard-less VF-X-11 with a simple mold change. Pair it with Milia's canarded one, and you've got 2 distinct-yet-recognizable valks.

I think the problem with the idea of a canard-less VF-X-11 in toy form is that on the toy a good portion of the shoulder mechanism would be exposed in Battroid. It simply wouldn't look good. They'd have to come up with some new gimmick to cover it up or leave it as an eyesore.

Edited by Mommar

I think the problem with the idea of a canard-less VF-X-11 in toy form is that on the toy a good portion of the shoulder mechanism would be exposed Battroid. It simply wouldn't look good. They've have to come up with some new gimmick to cover it up or leave it as an eyesore.

Mmmmh, that's a good point, I've never thought about that...

Mmmmh, that's a good point, I've never thought about that...

Yeah, despite the fun little fiction that surrounds all of these fighters the reality is that with the design as it is implemented canard-less just wouldn't work/look right in battroid mode.

How do you like your VF-11 1/60 yamato?

i'd like mine very, VERY much indeed, if i could ever get around to sidelining the finances for one of the gosh-darned expensive things.

thing of beauty, regardless;

Yamato-VF-11B-160-1.jpg

Yamato-VF-11B-160-9.jpg

Yamato-VF-11B-160-10.jpg

Yamato-VF-11C-3.jpg

Yamato-VF-11C-2.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

I'm pretty sure they didn't model 2 different VF-11 variants in the game--so one scheme will technically be "non-canon" to the reported history. (and yes, I did get the good ending--almost by accident--I found that on like my 2nd playthrough by sheer luck I'd already done most of it, so when the FAQ came out I did the rest and got it)

• 3 weeks later...

So, can the heat shield be deployed in fighter mode as well? That would be a first if it could.....

Also, how loose is the cockpit on this thing? I just ordered one, and I am one of those *play around* types who barrel rolls their figthers and what not.

Barrel Rolls aren't that fun when part of the toy keeps falling out...

So, can the heat shield be deployed in fighter mode as well? That would be a first if it could.....

Also, how loose is the cockpit on this thing? I just ordered one, and I am one of those *play around* types who barrel rolls their figthers and what not.

I've never tried deploying it in Fighter but I think it will work. I can't think of a reason why not.

I only have 11C's but the escape pod has never been loose enough it would fall out of either of mine. I'm not sure how much force you're rolling these things with either.

IMG_0477.jpg

The cockpit itself is secure enough that it won't fall out but the part that holds it up doesn't do an amazing job so it can collapse into the nose or end up tilting fairly easily.

Love both my 11's B+C, no loose or droopy parts whatsoever. . .

I'm sad to see the VF-11C listed as discontinued on HLJ. Sure it's old news by now. Gotta get one or two on Evilbay before they're all gone.

I'm not sure this status is really to be trusted, it wouldn't be the first time something is listed as discontinued on HLJ and pops back in stock at full price (YF-19 renewal package for example).

I totally recommend getting the VF-11 though, it's a very well made toy and a beautyful display piece

Well, if it is discontinued I'm glad I sprung for a third C so I can display one in each mode. It's funny though, after getting the VF-19S (despite my issues with the crappy ankles) the 11 feels really cheap and old compared to how seemless and elegant the 19 is put together and transforms and handles.

Well, if it is discontinued I'm glad I sprung for a third C so I can display one in each mode. It's funny though, after getting the VF-19S (despite my issues with the crappy ankles) the 11 feels really cheap and old compared to how seemless and elegant the 19 is put together and transforms and handles.

I got my 11C after I got the 19. While I like the 11C, it does feel cheaper than the 19. I figure if I got the 11C first, I would like that one more than I do now. Still, great valk. Just shows how far Yamato has come.

I'm not sure this status is really to be trusted, it wouldn't be the first time something is listed as discontinued on HLJ and pops back in stock at full price (YF-19 renewal package for example).

I totally recommend getting the VF-11 though, it's a very well made toy and a beautyful display piece

I have the 11B. The pilot is in my YF-19 FP, though so it will stay in battroid unlike most of my other valks which are always displayed in fighter (only other exception if the Brera VF-27). While I usually prefer low-viz schemes, I always wanted 2 or 3 VF-11C, though. Like the Fast Packs better. My ultimate VF-11 would be a true low viz scheme (lighter ghost grey) with the B gunpod and C FAST packs.