How do you like your VF-11 1/60 yamato?

arrow

do i have you convinced yet :3

Ok so I know you're being silly but come on.

The animation is always more popular than the games. The games exist because of the animation. And Plus was on DVD usually around the time of the toys coming out.

And even in the game what is a VF-11?

The thing you get after the playing with the VF-1 when the VF-4 isn't in there.

Thank Kawamori for the VF-0. Now we have something else to start off with.

You weren't expecting logic and reason in a *MW* discussion, were you? :D

But still--you gotta admit that compared to most other Yamato "first 2 releases", the VF-11's choices have been pretty bland. Plus neither one has "main valk of a main character" status. At best they have "was used for 5 mins by a main character" status. (true, Milia didn't use her VF-11/17/22 foon-screen very long--but they were fully repainted just for her, so they are "her" valks and intended solely for her use for a long period of time, even if off-screen, unlike Isamu's and Gamlin's VF-11s)

You weren't expecting logic and reason in a *MW* discussion, were you?

just trying to make you a better hero

Still if we limit this to VF-11s, there is still a question of notoriety. Like we saw before, even the Milia VF-22 doesn't command a lot of demand. And because they have to make the first two VF-11s, those two need to be a proven success before getting the more obscure stuff. It's like they don't start VF-1s on the two-seaters or VF-X.

Just because someone makes it, doesn't mean people will buy it. That's the story of ever lesser Valkyrie ever made.

Or just ask Mospeada fans :>

I not sure how the vf-11c didn't sell well? I've never been able to get one before they sell out everywhere. They don't seem to come up on eBay that often either meaning people are hanging on to them. This seems to be the same as the weird Yamato logic in regards to the macros zero line which they also said didn't sell well even though they near to impossible to get as well. Well that sticks, I was hoping for a rerelease of the vf-11c so I can actually get one. Now I have to consider buying it for crazy eBay prices.

It's a pity that the VF-11B/C do not sell well. It's the second best engineering effort I have seen in a valk (the best goes to the VF-19 Kai).

It's not surprising though. Not everybody has taste. :rolleyes:

uhh, maybe the fact that not everybody has money to willingly spare/spend on it given the crappy exchange-rate is more like it.

not everyone's rich nor want to go and stay in credit-card hell forever.

personally, i'm still hoping the VF-11B goes on a really good sale. like US$100 shipped. :D

in the meantime, i rather get me an Onkyo-509/609 with my remaining funds instead...

uhh, maybe the fact that not everybody has money to willingly spare/spend on it given the crappy exchange-rate is more like it.

not everyone's rich nor want to go and stay in credit-card hell forever.

personally, i'm still hoping the VF-11B goes on a really good sale. like US$100 shipped. :D

in the meantime, i rather get me an Onkyo-509/609 with my remaining funds instead...

I was referring to the local customers (i.e. the Japanese).

We foreigners are not the targeted audience... I wonder what is the percentage we MWers (most of us are not living in Japan I believe) are representing.

One has to love the toy twice as much to be willing to pay the hefty shipping to get it.

P.S. Fortunately I live in a place that I don't need to pay shipping charges. Not for postal or courier at least.

I was referring to the local customers (i.e. the Japanese).

We foreigners are not the targeted audience... I wonder what is the percentage we MWers (most of us are not living in Japan I believe) are representing.

One has to love the toy twice as much to be willing to pay the hefty shipping to get it.

P.S. Fortunately I live in a place that I don't need to pay shipping charges. Not for postal or courier at least.

ah, i see.

that would be a really interesting statistic if Graham can somehow finagle it from yammie-toys just how much us gaijins represent in terms of purchasing-stats.

also, just how much exactly does Yammie-Toys market/advertise/availability wrt their macross-toys over there in japan? can't be just that they're all concentrated in akihabara only, right?

Edited by treatment

Sometimes I wonder how popular Macross is in Japan too.

If it is not popular, then Bandai won't have a dedicated section on their Tamashii site for "Macross series". And they attempted series like VF100, Hi-Metal, and a number of DX MF toys. Even Dragon Ball and Code Geass (I think it is very popular) don't get a toy series. You get Macross Ace and Macross Chronicles too. They had a hell whole line of DX toys with every optional equipment.

If it is popular, then why the VF100 and Hi-Metal lines and Macross Ace don't work? Even the Robot Spirit is not doing well (so we only see 2 valks, even though there was a VF-25S Armored in a show long ago).

I don't know how to read the situation. Anyone can shred some light?

I feel bad about not getting a VF-11C now. I want one, just bad timing. Funny to go back and see my last post in this thread now that it's all paid off and I'm once again gainfully employed. I'll soon have the cash to consider picking the 11C up if I can find one.

I'd still MUCH rather have the VF-X version. It's my absolute favourite version of the VF-11.

Like we saw before, even the Milia VF-22 doesn't command a lot of demand.

You can say that again. Those things are bulky shelf-warmers. I still see them in shops, first-hand.

I not sure how the vf-11c didn't sell well? I've never been able to get one before they sell out everywhere.

Trust me, they're here, in the stores (well, some of them, anyway). Valks are just too expensive in general; some of these like the 11C or the Millia 22 don't shift unless they go on clearance.

Sometimes I wonder how popular Macross is in Japan too.

If it is not popular, then Bandai won't have a dedicated section on their Tamashii site for "Macross series". And they attempted series like VF100, Hi-Metal, and a number of DX MF toys. Even Dragon Ball and Code Geass (I think it is very popular) don't get a toy series. You get Macross Ace and Macross Chronicles too. They had a hell whole line of DX toys with every optional equipment.

If it is popular, then why the VF100 and Hi-Metal lines and Macross Ace don't work? Even the Robot Spirit is not doing well (so we only see 2 valks, even though there was a VF-25S Armored in a show long ago).

I don't know how to read the situation. Anyone can shred some light?

Think of it this way: There is a niche for everything in Japan. Most bands release exclusive tracks only on Japanese releases of albums. Remember the Ventures, Mr Big, or even Shampoo? They were "Big in Japan". Almost everything imaginable has a dedicated following here, but you'll be hard-pressed to pick someone off the street and strike up a spontaneous conversation about any anime that isn't Ghibli.

Trust me, they're here, in the stores (well, some of them, anyway). Valks are just too expensive in general; some of these like the 11C or the Millia 22 don't shift unless they go on clearance.

Dude you need to hook me up. I can't find any for a reasonable price online. :p

Dude you need to hook me up. I can't find any for a reasonable price online. :p

You know, I'd love to help a guy out, but I've had too many "experiences" to know not to jump into that fire again... Perhaps get in touch with Tokyo Hunter et al? It's what those guys do, full time.

I've always thought the fact that Milia's VF-22 is kinda pink was a "deterrent" to many buyers. (myself included). Yeah, it's anime-accurate/canon, but I think most people want RED Milia valks.

It's funny that they strayed from the anime's colors for Gamlin's 22S in order to have something a bit better looking, but decided to go as accurate as possible with Milia's. I too would have liked hers in a deeper red color like her 1J or DYRL Q-Rau. I did kinda get used to it after a while, but I don't have it displayed next to my max as it just looks too weird. I have it grouped/displayed with other reddish valks so it doesn't look as silly.

As for those waiting for the VF-11B or C to go super cheap, I'm just not seeing it happen anytime soon, if ever. I think the best price I've seen it for was on clearance for around 11 or 12k yen, but I could be mistaken. Perhaps some remaining stock will be put on clearance again this holiday season.

Personally, I love my anime-accurate Milia VF-22S, although I've never transformed it from fighter mode, so no idea if it suffers from the missing knee caps, as some members found.

Both my Max and Milia VF-22S stay permanently in fighter mode.

Graham

Did all of you guys miss all the sales on the 11-B and C?

I got both of mine pretty cheap from HLJ 120-130 on sale.

I think it was towards the end of the year and possibly free fed-ex.

Was within the same year of the release for both models, that they went on heavy discount.

I love them both!

Personally, I love my anime-accurate Milia VF-22S, although I've never transformed it from fighter mode, so no idea if it suffers from the missing knee caps, as some members found.

Both my Max and Milia VF-22S stay permanently in fighter mode.

Graham

I love my Milia 22 also, I got her on sale for cheap too along with my Max and Gamlin.

I peeked through the panels to make sure the knee caps where there, but I still have not transformed my Max, Milia or Gamlin.

I have transformed my YF-21 extensively though.

Edited by Loop

Did all of you guys miss all the sales on the 11-B and C?

I got both of mine pretty cheap from HLJ 120-130 on sale.

I think it was towards the end of the year and possibly free fed-ex.

Was within the same year of the release for both models, that they went on heavy discount.

I love them both!

I got one of my 11C's on discount from HLJ but it sure wasn't 130. I think I got it for 150 or 160. I wish I had grabbed two at the time.

• 3 weeks later...

I would also love to get my hands on another VF-11B, now that it is on sale at HK Collectibles! But, given my limited expendable funds, and the upcoming VF-17, VF-19, VF-25S renewal....I've got to be selective.

Hope Yamato does not get the wrong signal and cancel the line, like what happen to Macross Zero series.... :(

• 2 weeks later...

I think the 11 is ready for a v2 with better articulation and a shield that stays on the arm in battroid.

I think you must be on drugs. All you guys do on here is complain that they aren't making the valk you want every time they come out with a new one, but you want them to redo what is still the best Yamato valk on the market? The elbows go to 89 degrees instead of 90, boo-hoo. Any shield problems you have are your problem, mine is rock solid.

Edited by promethuem5