How do you like your VF-11 1/60 yamato?

arrow

The battroid is the victim of a space version of the death worm. The armored version was created in a lab by the protoculture race as biological weapons. This is what hikaru minmay and misa hayase encountered and this is why there are no future stories dealing with these characters.

I don't know what you're having mate, but you need to share it.

I too would like an 11D, looks great though you'll need some creative licenses to deal with that oversized heat shield.

I don't know what you're having mate, but you need to share it.

I too would like an 11D, looks great though you'll need some creative licenses to deal with that oversized heat shield.

Like I said, they could probably fit a PT heat shield in the fighter mode that would cover the whole canopy in battroid mode, but it is going to be much closer in shape of the current heat shield only longer and with some different panel lines.

Maybe they can take a page form the VF-19Kai's design and do 2 heat shields. One integral shield that's PT but not line art accurate, and a second one that just clips in place for battroid mode that is all bulgy and segmented.

I don't mind 2 heatshields. Similar to how they gave us the oversized hands when the 1/48 vf-1 had GBP armour. Having said that, this is because I barely ever transform my toys. (I still see them as display pieces more than toy)

I still can't believe people can't see that the heatshield looks like a blue worm that just ate the head of the vf-11 off. Come on. Cant' you see it? So obvious.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I don't mind 2 heatshields. Similar to how they gave us the oversized hands when the 1/48 vf-1 had GBP armour.

I still can't believe people can't see that the heatshield looks like a blue worm that just ate the head of the vf-11 off.

I still can't believe you're talking about it. :lol:

Besides, it looks like a Chiton. ;)

I finally attempted transforming my 11C yesterday, and it' very easy to transform. Not too difficult with the heat shield. It's like the bottom piece stops, and if you pull just slightly more, it goes over a speed bump, and locks into position. Overall, very happy with it, and it is about as solid as can be. I remember the 11B being more difficult, but maybe it's just cause I didn't know how to transform it then.

when you transform something for the first time you can't see where all the pieces lock together so you don't know which parts to pull or push.

I had this problem with the vf-22. I had to watch someone on youtube transforming it just to be sure I wasn't going to pull it apart and waste all the money I spent on it during a transformation. Face it these things can break easily.

But yeah 11 is a piece of piss now. VF-22 and yf-21 are pretty hard.

I remember the 1/72 yf-21 being a real b1tch to transform the first time. The legs were really hard to fit inside plane mode. I couldn't figure it out until about 1 hour of fiddling around.

If you don't transform an easy valk for ages, it is very easy to forget one or two steps.

If you forget one or two steps you are frightened about wrecking it more.

That's why I now say that is is easy. After your first go in a long time you can easily remember which peices stick to what surfaces and what order to do things in.

It's easy to judge AFTER you have just recnetly transformed something, but on first attempt when you can't see what part connects to what other part, (because your view is obscured) what pieces are weak (the VB-6 is an example where the more you transform it the weaker the little nubs get) and how many clicks things have, (sometimes there are "secret clicks" you forget about) then it can take a long time.

Practice makes perfect I suppose. Since I don't practice often this is why it appears harder or scarier to me than others who just can't stop touching the valks like it were a pair of huge breasts from Nanase.

Boy, the crowds of Rome really are fickle. To turn from one of the best Yamatos in years to a "piece of piss" within a short thread. >_>

"Piece of piss" is an expression which means "it's easy". He was talking about the transformation.

Gawd, stupid yamato QC. Argh. Nothing broken, just the connections for the FAST packs are one backwards. I spent a few minutes panicking that I got a dud.

This design is amazing though. I must say out of all the Yamato valks, the VF-11 has impressed me the most. I can't wait to see how different the VF-19 Kai is from the original.

Because the image that was posted reminded me of an armored worm eating the head off of a valkyrie to get to the pilot inside it that's how. What else is there to talk about when there is no milia paintshceme out yet?

Be careful, you don't want the "head pilot" tag! LOL (like someone else I won't mention)

The pilot lives in the chest when in batteroid mode.

Be careful, you don't want the "head pilot" tag! LOL (like someone else I won't mention)

The pilot lives in the chest when in batteroid mode.

Except it wouldn't be funny to have two people with that tag. Now "Mongolian death worm" would make a good one. :p

Like I said, they could probably fit a PT heat shield in the fighter mode that would cover the whole canopy in battroid mode, but it is going to be much closer in shape of the current heat shield only longer and with some different panel lines.

Maybe they can take a page form the VF-19Kai's design and do 2 heat shields. One integral shield that's PT but not line art accurate, and a second one that just clips in place for battroid mode that is all bulgy and segmented.

My idea for the heat shield, since the section beneath the cockpit isn't required for transformation they should just add an extra hatch below that contains the bulbous/funky heat shield. Just open it up, pull it out, pop it on top, and don't worry about implementing such an impossible PT because the one part to swap can be stowed right below where it needs to be.

actually, I was hoping that for a two-seater that they would make the cockpit non-removable. having it pop out as an escape pod was cute as a gimmick, but it's a pain in the ass to get to stay lined up properly in fighter/gerwalk mode.

actually, I was hoping that for a two-seater that they would make the cockpit non-removable. having it pop out as an escape pod was cute as a gimmick, but it's a pain in the ass to get to stay lined up properly in fighter/gerwalk mode.

I agree. This way the cockpit can be set inside solid and there's room below for the bulbous Heat shield. That's close enough to PT for me personally.

Edited by Mommar

I'm aware the pilot sits in the chest but the worm wants to enter from the head turret after biting it off. Geez I can't believe I'm the only one that sees the mech worm.

But the 2 things yamato need to do:

1. milia vf-11

2. armour for vf-11c

3. peg on the bottom of the escape pod somewhere so it won't get lost.

Forget about the atmospheric booster of vf-11. If you want give us optional gummy hands like the 1/48 vf-1 got. (but shaped to look like robot hands)

I'm aware the pilot sits in the chest but the worm wants to enter from the head turret after biting it off. Geez I can't believe I'm the only one that sees the mech worm.

But the 2 things yamato need to do:

1. milia vf-11

2. armour for vf-11c

3. peg on the bottom of the escape pod somewhere so it won't get lost.

Forget about the atmospheric booster of vf-11. If you want give us optional gummy hands like the 1/48 vf-1 got. (but shaped to look like robot hands)

I can't believe you're still on about the worm. Yeah, I see it now, but I never would have imagined it by myself. Thank god it's not one of those "can't unsee" things. You know, like the foetus inside the Sharon Apple red "eye" thing.

As for the VF-11 Armour, apparently Yamato are well aware of the demand for it. Don't know how willing they are to do it, though.

I've wanted one forever, though.

If Yamato does the armor for the VF-11c, they'd have to do it for the VF-0S too (id hope).

Graham's already mentioned that the VF-11 wasn't designed to mount the Protect Armor.

Graham's already mentioned that the VF-11 wasn't designed to mount the Protect Armor.

Yeah, I remember hearing that, but, that doesn't mean that it still can't be done. Yamato has some very talented people working on their stuff, and you just never know. And no, I'm not insinuating that it is going to be done, just that maybe one day we will get it. I hope.

The 1/48 VF-1 wasn't designed to take the armor either. Yet they still made it.

Some things are more easier than others though. The thing is, out of all the VF designs, the 11 seems to have the strongest and most stable torso. That would help it a lot.

Some things are more easier than others though. The thing is, out of all the VF designs, the 11 seems to have the strongest and most stable torso. That would help it a lot.

I don't know about that. If the clip at the back of the fuselage wears away, it's all over.

• 1 month later...

Both color scheme on VF-11C and VF-11B are NOT my favorite, but the base color of the 11C would made it easier to custom... the problem is that VF-11C cost 50% more than the VF-11B in HK...

Anyone has customized their VF-11B? or C?

I want something similar to this:

vf-11b-vfx2-fighter.gif

Edited by Swoosh