How do you like your VF-11 1/60 yamato?

arrow

Had the 11B and loved it. Traded it in for a 11C (didn't want to have both) and I love that even more. In terms of design, construction and quality it's Yamato's best so far. If you like how the VF-11 looks it's unlikely you'll be disappointed by the 1/60 toy.

Love both of them. Expensive primarily because of their relatively small size compared to the other 1/60's (with the exception of the VF-1). I think its a great buy if you can find it at less than MSRP.

I prefer the VF-11B, but its purely a subjective choice. Build quality, paint quality, etc. etc. is more or less the same.

It's one of the better release from Yamato. A few known issues:

1) Locking the lower cockpit shield for B-mode can be difficult without a pair of tweezers.

2) Some samples have lose horizontal twisting joint in the upper legs. Mine have it on one leg, but it is easy to fix.

3) One person had a VF-11B sample with missing orange paint on one lower leg.

4) You cannot transform fighter to or from other modes without removing the super thrusters on the back first. It's an issue of the original VF-11 design, not the toy's fault.

1) Locking the lower cockpit shield for B-mode can be difficult without a pair of tweezers.

2) Some samples have lose horizontal twisting joint in the upper legs. Mine have it on one leg, but it is easy to fix.

4) You cannot transform fighter to or from other modes without removing the super thrusters on the back first. It's an issue of the original VF-11 design, not the toy's fault.

Hey CF18, how does one fix the loose horizontal twisting joint, thats my fear if buying this toy, i have seen it in a video in youtube and dont know how to fix it.

Hey CF18, how does one fix the loose horizontal twisting joint, thats my fear if buying this toy, i have seen it in a video in youtube and dont know how to fix it.

just take the leg apart and apply nail polish, glue, thickening agent of choice, let dry and put back together again, it's really straightforward.

***There is no need to use tweezers, you'll just scape the finish and blame Yamato. First, you remove the pod. Then pull the forward portion of the shield out until it locks into place. Next, you slide the pod back into place.

***This is only on the VF-11C.

***This was only an isolated incident. Yamato hated this particular individual. :p

***Yes you can. If you can't, then you need to try harder. ;)

I've got both C and B. . .

And all I can say is they both are outstanding, top notch and and worth the price of admission.

Sure if you can find a deal DO NOT HESATATE, get one get both hell get two of each.

After have them I wish I did get doubles, but that will have to wait till taxtime in Jan.

And then ill have to choose which one I want an extra of. :p

I've got 3 x VF-11B and 3 x VF-11C and love them.

Excellent engineering, good articulation, durable (so far), still nice and tight and very easy and smooth to transform.

I really hope Yamato releases the atmospheric Super Packs from Operation Stargazer for the VF-11C and also releases the Full Armor.

As a bit of a downer, when I talked with Yamato about the armor sveral months ago, they did admit when they designed the VF-11 toy, they didn't take the armor into consideration, unlike the V2 1/60 VF-1, which was designed from the ground up for the GBP Armor. This is not to say that the armor couldn't be made to fit the toy, just that it might be abit more difficult.

Graham

I own a VF-11B and I'm really loving this fig.

My only complaint about the VF-11 is the rather finicky lower part of the heat shield. Otherwise, its a beautifully crafted figure in all three modes.

Don't mind buying a chili-red VF-11 Millia custom myself if Yamato ever produces one.

I'm still waiting for either a VFX-2 or Milia scheme. The current offerings are very boring. (and I'm sick of the M+ scheme by now regardless)

I would totally rock a VFX-11 with the blue color scheme. While not radically different from a standard VF-11C I'd go for a Raven's scheme as well. The added stripes and different colored nose cone make for a nice contrast. I suppose if I took the time to learn to paint toys I could easily get another 11C and modify accordingly I suppose.

I've got 3 x VF-11B and 3 x VF-11C and love them.

Excellent engineering, good articulation, durable (so far), still nice and tight and very easy and smooth to transform.

I really hope Yamato releases the atmospheric Super Packs from Operation Stargazer for the VF-11C and also releases the Full Armor.

As a bit of a downer, when I talked with Yamato about the armor sveral months ago, they did admit when they designed the VF-11 toy, they didn't take the armor into consideration, unlike the V2 1/60 VF-1, which was designed from the ground up for the GBP Armor. This is not to say that the armor couldn't be made to fit the toy, just that it might be abit more difficult.

Graham

If they have to do some mods to make it and release a new Valk due to the changes I wouldn't be surprised.

Id buy the new one for/with the armor too.

Given the fact that the current bird is sweet, but I wonder if the joints could take the added weight over an extended period of time.

All in all they should have seen it coming up, seeing as both armor types have rare screen time but are immensely popular in the fanbase.

Edited by DARKWIND

As it stands now it shouldn't be too difficult to make something that works for the existing toy. Likely they'd have to release a special version with the little wing flaps on the front of the legs that fold down just like on the VF-1's. Otherwise, there are small places along the legs where the leg armor could snap in to and the backpack thrusters easily fit into the existing spot where the fast packs already plug in. Looking at the lineart it doesn't look like it would be as difficult to do on an existing VF-11.

I'm still waiting for either a VFX-2 or Milia scheme. The current offerings are very boring. (and I'm sick of the M+ scheme by now regardless)

Grey+Orange is one of my favorite color combinations, but I kind of agree on the B scheme being boring. I think the reason I find it boring is because all the fast packs are the exact same shade of gray as the mech itself. It would be more interesting if they were a darker shade of gray for contrast. Maybe the same dark gray of the joints/feet/hands. That's one of the reasons why I like the C scheme better...because the fast packs actually contrast the naked mech.

Edited by Vic Mancini