Ace Combat: Assault Horizon

Sell? It's DLC, bits floating around the world-wide-web. You can buy a license for it, but can't really own it.

From the previous post

The DLC are specifically "exclusive to Japan" for the PlayStation 3 (600 yen) and Xbox 360 (400 Microsoft points).

If someone makes money off of it outside of Japan, you've got to deal with trademarks.

Wouldn't getting a japanese account work.

It's not a matter of having a Japanese account, it's about, the actual retail versions of the games have seperate region DLC. Basically, if you bought the Japanese version, then you're good to go. If you bought the American version, then you're SOL. While I got my copy free with an amazon deal, I still feel a bit cheated by Namco's DLC region seperation. I mean really, there's cheap," and then there's this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't HG who owns the merchandising rights to the original series outside of Japan just go to Namco and work a deal out to get them released worldwide?

Only if Namco wants to risk pissing off Big West.

Considering that Bandai Namco's Macross PSP and Trial games have sold well in Japan, I think it's safe to say that Namco and Big West currently share a very profitable relationship. It wouldn't be in Namco's best interest to test Big West's patience. Besides, I'm pretty sure that Namco's DLC license with Big West specifically forbids Namco from cutting side-deals with third parties.

No, he's just convinced that it's Namco Bandai's laziness that results in it not being released elsewhere instead of various issues involving the Macross license. He thinks that simply altering the design slightly would allow it to be released here, of course ignoring the fact that changing the design would ruin the point of said DLC in the first place.

Linking him to the HG and Robotech thread proved fruitless as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Kawamori's take on Yukikaze for Ace Combat Assault Horizon won't win a beauty contest but it will become physicaly surgeonable according to Hasegawa.

What you need to know is...it's an 1/72 scale plastic kit, and will be released somewhen around July this year. No price yet. I hope they'll print a Ver. Kei Nagase decals set cause the plain JASDF scheme is quite dull.

So much DLC, so little on-disc content. This is why I don't buy videogames anymore. You just can't get a complete game anymore, it's ridiculous.

For Ace Combat, itself, I couldn't find any gameplay videos that weren't either official or played on easy mode by new people, so I have no idea what to think, except what I've read from this thread, which is conflicted. Yup, this is definitely Macrossworld. I think, on principle, I'm not going to buy it. I still enjoy my other Ace Combats. (All of them- though Electrosphere stopped working, much to my sadface)

Hase Wyvern, Nosferatu, and Morgan are very much welcome in Schizo's mind.

I'll definitely admit I was firmly lodged in my lawn chair telling AC:AH to get off my lawn, but I just can't find any value in any of the changes to the franchise. Other people did find some of the additions fun though, so definitely play a demo.

In my case, the demo made me want to kick a puppy, so that decided that pretty quickly.

Has anyone tried this game with any type of flight stick? I know the old Ace Combat 5 HOTAS doesn't work with it.

How about this one?

http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/v9stickps3.htm

Although AC:AH is not on the list of compatible games - does the game have to be specifically written for the stick or will the stick just re-map the thumb controls? I'm part of the "old generation" - I can't fly with my thumbs!

WM need to change your callsign to Old Dog 6. ????

I should be able to test A.C.A.H. with the T.M. HOTAS X tomorrow.

http://www.amazon.ca/Thrustmaster-2960703-T-Flight-Hotas-Flight/dp/B001CXYMFS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333493432&sr=8-1

I used the HOTAS with the helicopter demo and it was enough for me to wait for a serious discount before buying the full game.

Although AC:AH is not on the list of compatible games - does the game have to be specifically written for the stick or will the stick just re-map the thumb controls? I'm part of the "old generation" - I can't fly with my thumbs!

The compatibility for a flightstick ought to be written within the game. If not, the game will either not recognize it or just treat it like a dualshock controller. The below Amazon review describes that little frustration.

I should be able to test A.C.A.H. with the T.M. HOTAS X tomorrow.

http://www.amazon.ca...33493432&sr=8-1

I used the HOTAS with the helicopter demo and it was enough for me to wait for a serious discount before buying the full game.

I have a link to an Amazon review of the game from a Thrustmaster owner. While the reviewer states that the Thrustmaster does work, it's... umm... funny.

http://www.amazon.co...h_res_rtr_alt_1

Edited by shiroikaze

Call me old folgie! Thanks for that Amazon review... I was afraid of that.

I really just want a HD version of AC5! I want to like AC:AH so badly, but the controls is a no-go for me unfortunately.