which looks sleeker- sv-51 or vf-27?

arrow

115 members have voted

1. 1. which do you prefer?

• SV-51
    • VF-27

Neat!

It's an interceptor though. Not a fighter. Looks optimized for intercepting and shooting down bombers. It doesn't look like it's built for tangling with actual air superiority fighters that specialize in dog fighting.

the first production jet fighter had wing mounted engines, the Me 262.

And the vf-27 is pretty obviously a call back to the sv-51 design which had wing mounted booster packs.

And the vf-27 is pretty obviously a call back to the sv-51 design which had wing mounted booster packs.

Good point.

Again, I'm just speaking for myself in response to Anime52k8's comment. I see a lot of SR-71 in the VF-27, so it reminds me more of a recon/interceptor than a true air superiority fighter. The 27 gives me the same feel as the FZ-109. They just don't look like fighters to me, personally. Fine by me if they do look like fighters to other people.

Good point.

Again, I'm just speaking for myself in response to Anime52k8's comment. I see a lot of SR-71 in the VF-27, so it reminds me more of a recon/interceptor than a true air superiority fighter. The 27 gives me the same feel as the FZ-109. They just don't look like fighters to me, personally. Fine by me if they do look like fighters to other people.

No, think you make a good point and I think even going by the anime the vf-27 is supposed to be more of an interceptor than a dog fighter/superiority type role machine.

Most of the times we see the 27 in action, it's not in the middle of things, it's on the periphery taking pot shots while the 25 does most of the heavy lifting.

I forgot about the pin point barrier punch. That's the valks close range weapon.

Most of the times we see the 27 in action, it's not in the middle of things, it's on the periphery taking pot shots while the 25 does most of the heavy lifting.

and that's why I think sv-51 wins. You're doomed if you get caught in the open outnumbered and surrounded from all sides without any rocks to use for cover.

What I had in mind was a valk that has drones with it and the drones carry the submachine guns or whatever. So you could dock with the drone in space and the drone would pick up your unused weapon and give you the alternate weapon.

Or maybe an extra fold booster to make a quick escape. Since they are unmanned they can make quick trips to drop off and pick up the weapons for you while you fight or look for a place which is more favourable to you.

An example of this would be if the yf-19 ran out of gunpod clips, he has to change to battroid mode at some point to change clips so while he is doing this the drone could be flown to either drop off the extra clips and these parachute to the ground, (if in an atmosphere) or if in space it just flies and ejects them for the guy to pick up.

Brera being a cyborg could communicate directly to the drones with his mind so it would be the equivalent to the bits in gundam and be an extension of the pilot.

In SDF: macross the GBP armor has those hand grenades on its hips. I think extra weapons like that would be suitable for sv-27 in case it is in trouble as an alternative to flying away. Throw a few grenades from behind cover that explodes into a minmay hologram to distract the attention of the monsters, then while they are busy turning to face the holograms, shoot them in the head while they are not looking in your direction.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

• 5 years later...

WARNING! Dead thread awakening! hehe! sorry guys but im on a bit of a SV-51 high at the moment so this had to be done! :p

ok so while the VF-27 is the more sleeker looking of the two, the SV-51 definitely is way more sexy! It just has so much more going on! B))

Its just sooo sexy!!! :o:D

norafstar.jpg

Photo is courtesy of who ever the hell it belongs to..?

Edited by spanner76

Fighter mode is definitely the gun mode, im only partial to it in gerwalk and battroid. Not saying it looks bad in those modes just not as good as others..

You speak of the SV Spanner?

Battroid mode looks the weakest to me, though it is an all around unique Mecha, which I like.

I think the VF-27 is pretty unique as well , though obviously very 25 ish w a delta face lift.

I love the 51, Yamato did a great job even if the end result didn't live up to all my expectations for a toy, it's still a great display piece. My only gripe with the sculpt in fighter which is otherwise perfect is the shape of the intake which I think is to square and somewhat breaks the profile's look. Otherwise it's a fantastic looking floppy mess :)

I think the vf-27 is sleeker but sv-51 definately cooler. I like how it reflects its origin from russian design like the su-27, and the telescoping head is a great tactical tool for recon behind cover.

I think that is the best part of the charm of a SV-51 is its Russian design influence! I absolutely love the Russian figthers, the SU-27, 30 etc in particular and the 51 has strong resemblance to it even down to the design of the landing gear! Which I think is the best looking and far most realistic of all the Valkyries landing gear!

I love the 51, Yamato did a great job even if the end result didn't live up to all my expectations for a toy, it's still a great display piece. My only gripe with the sculpt in fighter which is otherwise perfect is the shape of the intake which I think is to square and somewhat breaks the profile's look. Otherwise it's a fantastic looking floppy mess :)

Yes the air intakes are a little big and square but the look does still work. I don't like the visible fan blades or the fact you don't get covers for them when in Battroid. If they did then I'd display them covered as I do with all my other Valks with the exception of the VF-27 which has no visible fan blades.. (well on its legs anyways) Also I feel they needed to be further set inwards and not have been painted silver around the blades themselves.

I only intend to display my SV-51 in their fighter modes as their other modes are kind of awkward looking.. I suppose Gerwalk is acceptable but Battroid looks icky just like the VF-4..

I believe the squareness was intended to give it the retro look..if the SV looked any cooler, it would've overshadowed the VF-0S..

But imagine if a new sleeker intake version ever went into production..

Edited by Bolt

I believe the squareness was intended to give it the retro look..if the SV looked any cooler, it would've overshadowed the VF-0S..

But imagine if a new sleeker intake version ever went into production..

Visible fan blades aside I do rather like that square-ish look to the intakes.. Besides the Zero's intakes aren't too dissimilar in that respect.

The SV-51 definitely does have future variant design potential especially after the SV-52 anyways which is a nice looking version also! It would have been interesting to see a spin off of the series with an alternate universe where the Anti-UN forces won the war and then had to deal with the Zentraedi invasion! How cool would that be!? B))

I think that is the best part of the charm of a SV-51 is its Russian design influence! I absolutely love the Russian figthers, the SU-27, 30 etc in particular and the 51 has strong resemblance to it even down to the design of the landing gear! Which I think is the best looking and far most realistic of all the Valkyries landing gear

Couldn't agree more with you, the small mud deflector in the front landing gear reflects its lineage to contemporary russian design, not to mention the boosters that strongly resemble older generation russian anti-ship missiles. My only gripe is probably the small wing area, but then again since it was design to be folded and launched from a submarine it makes sense a a space saving feature.

Nonetheles the sv-51 is indeed sexy.

Yes the air intakes are a little big and square but the look does still work. I don't like the visible fan blades or the fact you don't get covers for them when in Battroid. If they did then I'd display them covered as I do with all my other Valks with the exception of the VF-27 which has no visible fan blades.. (well on its legs anyways) Also I feel they needed to be further set inwards and not have been painted silver around the blades themselves.

I only intend to display my SV-51 in their fighter modes as their other modes are kind of awkward looking.. I suppose Gerwalk is acceptable but Battroid looks icky just like the VF-4..

I guess I'm just looking for an excuse to buy more if Arcadia decides to release an updated SV-51

I honestly believe a renewal SV-51 would sell very well! Tighter joints, improved details, new colors, no floppiness, adjusted proportions and cheaper asking price than they demand on the 2nd hand market.

Its clearly a well loved Valkyrie but I think many people would shy away from them for those reasons but will jump on the chance to get something new and fresh!

I certainly do hope they renew them and im definitely in for which ever variants they release!

Starts doing the Valkyrie of good fortune dance..

I honestly believe a renewal SV-51 would sell very well! Tighter joints, improved details, new colors, no floppiness, adjusted proportions and cheaper asking price than they demand on the 2nd hand market.

Its clearly a well loved Valkyrie but I think many people would shy away from them for those reasons but will jump on the chance to get something new and fresh!

I certainly do hope they renew them and im definitely in for which ever variants they release!

Starts doing the Valkyrie of good fortune dance..

Ah, but we'll be griping about the colors as soon as the toy is announced. :rolleyes: