66 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best incarnation of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

• Eastman/Laird comic series
    • 1987 cartoon series
    • Live-action/CGI film series
    • 2003 cartoon series
  2. 2. Who is your favorite Ninja Turtle?

• Leonardo
    • Donatello
    • Raphael
    • Michaelangelo

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

48C5B7B3-0E9B-44E0-830E-A7C8F0F2A53E.jpeg.3c56f95781b4791f7d3dc6a3d10bb9a7.jpeg

Walmart TMNT movie 2 pack.

"CRICKET?! Nah, you gotta know what a CRUMPET is to understand CRICKET!!"

"Fuh!  Fwoop!  Favap!  … a Jose Canseco bat?  Tell me you didn't pay money for this!" 

"Oooh!  *bash*  Two for one sale, pal."

I haven't seen that movie in YEARS and I still remember every single line, every beat, every inflection on every word of dialog!

Edited by CoryHolmes

On 3/21/2020 at 2:28 AM, JB0 said:

It is never a bad time to watch it again.

Hey you!  Yah, you!  C'mere!  :acute:

*smack!* :aggressive:

Thanks to that post of yours I've spent the last week daydreaming all the movie scenes in my mind, even at work.  I've had the soundtrack on a YouTube loop for my drive to and from.  Now I've just spent the morning finding and rewatching the movie.  Damn you for putting TMNT 90s in my brain!  :diablo:

It's effen' GLORIOUS!  The suits and effects still hold up today, the music is wonderfully evocative, and the action scenes are still fun to watch and a reminder of a time before The Matrix popularized Hong Kong action scenes.  I really appreciate the long takes so we can get a better look at what's going on, instead of quick cuts and busy camera work for added "energy".  Plus I still love Raph's jump kick/punch and the Turtleball into a 3-Foot Face kick :yahoo:  I also still love how the heroic second wind wasn't enough for our heroes in the end, Shredder was still too good for them and could only be beaten by his own hubris.

"Ah ha!  I made a funny!  HAHAHAHAHA"  T-U-R-T-L-E P-O-W-E-R

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2020 at 6:40 PM, Bolt said:

Does anyone remember when TMNT was a black and white comic ? And it was gritty and violent..now they're hello kitty with a weapon..

I do.  And they were a parody of what they have become.  (Did I already post this months ago?)

Just how old are you guys? I'm 40, and I didn't know about the old Mirage comics until well after the '80s cartoon. I still love that cartoon, and I thought the 4kids one was pretty good, too. Right now I'm watching the Nickelodeon series on Hulu (pretty good) and reading the IDW comics (also pretty good). The first two live action movies were good, as was the animated TMNT film. Truthfully, I had issues with the first Bay film, but I honestly enjoyed the second one.

Haven't seen Rise of the TMNT, but it does look pretty bad.

2 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Just how old are you guys? I'm 40, and I didn't know about the old Mirage comics until well after the '80s cartoon. I still love that cartoon, and I thought the 4kids one was pretty good, too. Right now I'm watching the Nickelodeon series on Hulu (pretty good) and reading the IDW comics (also pretty good). The first two live action movies were good, as was the animated TMNT film. Truthfully, I had issues with the first Bay film, but I honestly enjoyed the second one.

Haven't seen Rise of the TMNT, but it does look pretty bad.

I'm 47 in September and grew up with TMNT 1980s cartoons and movies, good times! I also like the new films and series, who knows if my young children will ever be into TMNT though. I suspect a majority of the forum members here are over 40.

4 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

I'm 47 in September and grew up with TMNT 1980s cartoons and movies, good times! I also like the new films and series, who knows if my young children will ever be into TMNT though. I suspect a majority of the forum members here are over 40.

I guess I just expect most of the people that hang out around here to be my age, and basically a kid when the '80s cartoon took off.  And let's be honest here, TMNT was a super niche book from a super niche studio and didn't become a huge global brand until the '80s cartoon.  So unless people are complaining specifically about Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and it's really that much worse than the '80s cartoon or the Nickelodeon version I don't get the complaints that Turtles aren't the gritty black and white comics that nobody read anymore.

On 5/12/2020 at 5:38 PM, mikeszekely said:

I guess I just expect most of the people that hang out around here to be my age, and basically a kid when the '80s cartoon took off.  And let's be honest here, TMNT was a super niche book from a super niche studio and didn't become a huge global brand until the '80s cartoon.  So unless people are complaining specifically about Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and it's really that much worse than the '80s cartoon or the Nickelodeon version I don't get the complaints that Turtles aren't the gritty black and white comics that nobody read anymore.

I'm 39 and I first heard about the Turtles from a video game pre-order listing in a magazine you could buy NES games from Japan prior to the release of the Cartoon.  I just thought it was goofy Japanese stuff.  Then saw the cartoon.  When the game came out I noticed the cover artwork and did not assume it was an odd artist interpretation.  A year later I got a TMNT calendar with all of this artwork that was clearly not the TV show but was also by the creators.  So by the time I was 9 I knew there was something else out there I wasn't privy to.  Found a trade of the original comics in the early 90's.  So I've known about it.  I still voted for the Films being the best.

Also, even if they weren't old enough to buy the original comics never underestimate the "Well, actually" crowd.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...