66 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best incarnation of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

• Eastman/Laird comic series
    • 1987 cartoon series
    • Live-action/CGI film series
    • 2003 cartoon series
  2. 2. Who is your favorite Ninja Turtle?

• Leonardo
    • Donatello
    • Raphael
    • Michaelangelo

IIRC I seen it on CW4kids about a month and a half ago. I randomly scanned through the channels and thought I stumbled across an old episode of the 80's TMNT but disappointingly it was the aforementioned Turtles Forever on TV =(. :wacko:

I really hated this movie. It was told from the point of the 2003 show which I always hated and worst of all they completely got the 80's turtles wrong. They acted nothing like they did on the original show and the writers instead just had them acting like retarded kids.

The only redeeming thing about the whole show was seeing the original characters redrawn in new animation. I give it a generous 4 out of 10. They didn't even manage to get any of the original voice actors. Shredder isn't Shredder without James Avery doing the voice.

I really hated this movie. It was told from the point of the 2003 show which I always hated and worst of all they completely got the 80's turtles wrong. They acted nothing like they did on the original show and the writers instead just had them acting like retarded kids.

The only redeeming thing about the whole show was seeing the original characters redrawn in new animation. I give it a generous 4 out of 10. They didn't even manage to get any of the original voice actors. Shredder isn't Shredder without James Avery doing the voice.

I thought it was just me that was thinking the 80's Turtles never thought they acted like that.

They didn't even manage to get any of the original voice actors. Shredder isn't Shredder without James Avery doing the voice.

It's all 4Kids fault. They appear to have a non-union policy on hiring voice actors, and the original voice actors happened to be union members. Also, since the post-production was in NY, they didn't want to spend on flying the actors from L.A.

I just saw this movie and I must say that it's not as bad as I had expected. Even though I have never seen a single episode of the 2003 series, I actually prefer the lineup over the 1987 version. But the best part of the movie is

the original Eastman/Laird lineup. Even though they're slightly toned-down in this movie, they manage to show fans of the cartoons just how badass the original lineup is.

Yeah, I saw it the first time it was on. I think it was a little hard on the '80s Turtles... they weren't that goofy. But let's take off the rose-tinted glasses of nostalgia for a minute, and admit that they were pretty goofy. And yeah, Krang and Shredder really were the poster children of fail.

It was still pretty entertaining, though.

I thought it was a pretty fun movie.

If it helps, pretend those AREN'T the 80s cartoon Turtles. They're from a DIFFERENT, but closely related universe.

And I make no claims as to whether the originals were that goofy or not. I've actively avoided seeing any of the old Turtles cartoons again.

Rewatching my childhood favorites always ends in pain. And me wondering how I could ever have been THAT stupid.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought it was a pretty fun movie.

If it helps, pretend those AREN'T the 80s cartoon Turtles. They're from a DIFFERENT, but closely related universe.

And I make no claims as to whether the originals were that goofy or not. I've actively avoided seeing any of the old Turtles cartoons again.

Rewatching my childhood favorites always ends in pain. And me wondering how I could ever have been THAT stupid.

In the beginning the 80's Turtles wern't that goofy. I think the show was originally animated at a Japanese animation studios (like other 80s cartoons) and concentrated on a lot of action. I remember a scene during the mini-series where all the Turtles were going to sleep except Leonardo and April was there. Leonardo commented on how his brothers were going to need their sleep while cleaning his katana blade (I thought that was a hard scene). Hey, a lot a pre-schoolers liked the Turtles so they began to cater to that market but older fans (elementary to middle school) became alienated and the quality of the animation suffered.

Needs more Turtle Prime!

Edited by terry the lone wolf

apparently TMNT is coming on blueray finally, getting that soon as it comes out.

You mean the one that came out in the theater just a few years ago? That's been out on blu-ray. It was one of the first ones I bought.

EDIT: In the US, anyway. Is it really taking this long in Australia?

Edited by mikeszekely

The 2003 Turtles was actually incredibly well done. It starts a little wonky, but only got better as it went. yeah its kiddy in places, but it's designed for kids so i didnt mind. but the turtles actually get hurt, including leo shell getting broken that stays on through to the end of season 5. Yeah Mikey is annoying, but then Mikey is always annoying, so no massive changes there. i own the whole series right up to Flash forward (which was OK at its BEST) and havent seen Back o The Sewers yet, but all in all its worth checking the show out.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...
20 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Does anyone remember when TMNT was a black and white comic ? And it was gritty and violent..now they're hello kitty with a weapon..

Nope. I came in through the Playmates toyline/associated cartoon. 

I'm familiar with the comic, though. The B/W one AND the one based on the toys.

• 1 month later...