VF-1A Hikaru Arm Trouble

ircnutsy

Hi,

I got the VF-1A Hikaru recently. I can get the arms out until behind the legs while converting from fighter to gerwalk mode... but I can't get them to slide forward so that they are parallel with the fuselage. The arcs that guide the arm hinges have these "tabs" moulded in to them that obstruct their sliding action.

Is this normal and I should just push them harder or should these "tabs" be trimmed a litle?

Please help!

This is getting embarrassing now but....

How do I get the dorsal hatch(with the funny tab stickingthrough it) to open? I don't feel like gouging/chipping a piece of plastic again...

Thanks

I push up from the underside of the valk when I'm going through the Gerwalk to Battroid transformation. I find that the easiest way to open the hatch.

God, the first time I transformed my first 1/48 every crack I heard from the legs while transforming it had me shivering with fear! :lol: And I kept sweating thinking, "crap! Did I break it!?"

The scariest part for me is always when you have "crack" the nose off. . . to get the whole thing to loosen up and come apart. Or, am I doing it more roughly than I should?

Ya know, you grab it at the cockpit and press down and pull until the whole nose section come loose. . . and then you can slide the chest plate, etc.

Be careful out there! :)

H

Pinned: What's wrong with my Yamato, Bandai, etc. (Pages 1 2 3 ...4 )

Common Repair Questions.

If people are choosing to ignore a pinned topic at the top of this forum then I will just start deleting these other repair topics instead of just closing them.