Sucker Punch

Ladic

I couldn't think of the internet equivalent since the internet IS the equivalent on the most part, but that's what I see this movie as. And it's not really free unless you're looking at the nekkid girls at Starbucks.

Since the movie is going to split between reality and fantasy of the main character, I'm not sure the story will end well. I'm reminded of Afraid of Monsters from the premise. I might like the fantasy world better than what actually happens in the story.

Anyway, the animated shorts are pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQNS9Llhy5Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM96TDja_Jo&feature=related

Since the movie is going to split between reality and fantasy of the main character, I'm not sure the story will end well. I'm reminded of Afraid of Monsters from the premise. I might like the fantasy world better than what actually happens in the story.

I see this movie going 4 ways

1. the blonde gets lobotomized, but thats okay because she is happier in her fantasy world :wacko: (blleccchhh)

2. escapes the institution and kills her step father for the attempted rape and ends up back at the institution

3. the "shutter island" approach. She is insane she did something very bad and actually deserves to be there

4. the fantasy world IS the real world and she wants to be anywhere but near dragons and gatling samurai

BTW there are 28 panty shots in the trailer if anybody is wondering ;)

Just watched it. Not sure what to make out for the ending.....anyone got have a plot analysis?

The whole thing was dreamt by Sweet Pea on the bus? And Sweet Pea was the one who killed her step dad and ran away from her home?

Who cares about reviews? It's an action movie with half naked girls, guns, samurais, and a dragon. It's going to be ridiculous. Honestly what do they expect??? These guys should enjoy something for once and not sit on their high horse expecting everyone else to make them happy.

It could be a confusing mess of a story...or not..I dunno! But I think its main attraction are the visuals. When I see this Saturday, my only expectation is enjoying some half naked action. Anything more then that will be a nice treat.

Just watched it. Not sure what to make out for the ending.....anyone got have a plot analysis?

The whole thing was dreamt by Sweet Pea on the bus? And Sweet Pea was the one who killed her step dad and ran away from her home?

Hmm, David Leatherhoff would not be impressed.

Just watch it, enjoy it so much. The story is pretty straightforward, I have no problem for that for an action movie.

Kind of like Sci Fi Kill Bill with Alice in the Wonderland... plus school girl outfit add loads of guns and sword action.

If there is anything I dislike, perhape it is a bit too much like a music video at some scenes.

Still want to see it, but so far this year seems to be shaping up like last year.....movie-wise........lots of dissappointment. I think there were only a few movies I liked last year.

Chris

It wasn't bad, the ending was a let down.

Almost felt like a lifetime movie with a bunch of action.

I think Babydoll created the fantasy world in order to adapt. At the end she imagined Sweet Pea getting on the bus safely.

Just watched it and it looked like a live action version of some of those dumb ass anime series featuring school girls/lolitas(even though in the movie they are actually somewhere in their 20s but nonetheless have the appearance of teenager girls) and swords and guns. Kinda like Afro Samurai too, I liked it though, it just lacked a bit of narrative and it seemed like a compilation of music videos. The action in this rivals Zack's other films IMO, especially the parts where they broke it down like in 300, only thing missing was the gore, they should have rated this R instead of PG-13. I'd definitely get this when it comes out on Blu.

Based on the way some of the scenes were cut, I'm betting there will be an "unrated" version on BR/DVD

There was nearly twenty minutes cut from the film, including dance scenes like during the end credits.

My expectations were pretty much on target for the movie. I wish that they hadn't hyped it so much and blown nearly every action sequence in the commercials, because I think if I would have been surprised by a few of the enemies I would have had an even better time watching the movie.

I didn't hate it, but I also wouldn't go getting a tattoo of the title across my chest or anything either. It was a fun distraction for a couple hours.

hot chicks killing things with big guns and swords... what's not to like? i watched it, enjoyed it but admittedly, was bored with certain parts of it. but overall it was VERY visually appealing and so, i rate it a "go and see but don't expect a good story".