Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 Macross

Save

The more I look over it the more I think yamato cheaped out once again. The overall paint is okay I guess, but come on, they could have did some minor paint detail on macross city, instead they shipped it flat back? If they didn't want to paint it they could have made the city removable so it would be easier to color the backdrop and the city ourselves, yamato really dropped the ball yet again. I was eyeballing one of these on ebay but every time I look at it then the price I get urked, so I just ordered a hot toys 1/6 dark knight dx-02. I'm still looking forward to a possible TV release, but I'm just really not okay with how they handled this one.

Aw crap... Now that Yamato has seen this we're bound for a "weathering version." I wonder how much that'll cost...

If previous weathering releases can be used as any indication, at least double the cost. Say hello to the $800 Weathering Edition SDF-1. :p

That panel lined SDF-1 looks very good. Looks like the person used some thinned paint rather than a pen.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Just collected mine today fm my dealer here. I was at first quite worried by the plain look fm Graham's pictures. But after looking closely with my eyes, the sheer plastic details really shine out! I'm glad to have got it. NOw back to playing with it.

Edited by Javabean

This is clearly "TOY OF THE YEAR"!!!

I'm handling mine and am drowning in a pool of drool.

I respectfully disagre with the folks that complain that it looks plain or that the city should come painted, the level of surface detail is beyond awesome!!!

For the in doubt fans, don't deprive yourselves from an excellent toy!!!

For the fans that prefer the TV version, I wish Yamato ventures into it.

[/sarcasm mode on]

P.S: for the haters out there, I'll shut my mouth and stop with the praising, when the arms spontaneously self destruct!!!

[/sarcasm mode off]

Just collected mine today fm my dealer here. I was at first quite worried by the plain look fm Graham's pictures. But after looking closely with my eyes, the sheer plastic details really shine out! I'm glad to have got it. NOw back to playing with it.

which dealer would this be? might place my future preorders with him if he's consistently this fast. mine will only arrive next week or perhaps even later :(

Even though I think this looks brilliantly well made with fine details, I still can not justify dropping approx. $400- on this relatively small scale toy that I think is not nearly as complex as the 1/60s! But I'm glad that it is selling well as I only see HLJ have them on sale and of course evilBay!!

I respectfully disagre with the folks that complain that it looks plain or that the city should come painted, the level of surface detail is beyond awesome!!!

[/sarcasm mode on]

P.S: for the haters out there, I'll shut my mouth and stop with the praising, when the arms spontaneously self destruct!!!

[/sarcasm mode off]

I'm not really hating, it's detailed yes, but yamato could have at least lightly painted the city or at least made it removable so it would be more accessible to fans who want to paint it themselves. And don't joke about the arms, this is yamato we're talking about.

which dealer would this be? might place my future preorders with him if he's consistently this fast. mine will only arrive next week or perhaps even later :(

My local dealer in Singapore. Stocks arrive in Asia countries like Singapore is faster than in the US & Europe. Of course those staying in Hongkong will be the first to receive them.

I'm pretty sure the shop is falcon's. However, I also believe the preorder price was higher.

So second release could be eminent.

Great news indeed.

Thats awesome Im glad to hear that. Hope that I will be able to buy a 1/3000 TV Version which I am holding out on.

[/sarcasm mode on]

[/sarcasm mode off]

Toy of the Year??? A nice toy yes but not toy of the year

You have the Alter Linebarrel, PG SF, RG, Mac Quarter, CM GaoGaiGar V.2 GFFMC Unicorn, MP Movie Starscream, Hot Toys Iron Man and more with a lot more paint apps, articulation, transformation and highly collectible. I Understand its Macross but just because it is doesnt make it toy of the year

I think we need an new etymology to describe collectible toys. These are not toys as you would not give a 400 toy to your child to play with as they are not that hardy. I like to call them Pop Cultural Collectibles or something more fitting to indicate we as adults don't collect toys but something more valuable than a child's plaything

Edited by Snail00

Toy of the Year??? A nice toy yes but not toy of the year

You have the Alter Linebarrel, PG SF, RG, Mac Quarter, CM GaoGaiGar V.2 GFFMC Unicorn, MP Movie Starscream, Hot Toys Iron Man and more with a lot more paint apps, articulation, transformation and highly collectible. I Understand its Macross but just because it is doesnt make it toy of the year

I think we need an new etymology to describe collectible toys. These are not toys as you would not give a 400 toy to your child to play with as they are not that hardy. I like to call them Pop Cultural Collectibles or something more fitting to indicate we as adults don't collect toys but something more valuable than a child's plaything

Bwahaha, mp SS? Mac Quarter? Hahaha... Always good to start te new year off with a funny, thanks man!

Got mine yesterday! The only thing I didn't like was the cutting from the sprues and attaching of the small parts. It was a bit excessive. More paint apps would have been nice. I'm working up the courage to panel-line it with either a fine grey gundam marker or fine point mechanical pencil, but the high price tag keeps me. Otherwise, the toy is very solid and a joy to swoosh around the room, much like its Takatoku predecessor. Couldn't do that with the Mac Quarter.

(Sorry for going OT, but a previous poster mentioned the Alter Linebarrel. I'll vouch for that being a contender for toty)

post-7029-129390809501_thumb.jpg

Definitely passing on this one, but hoping for a TV adaptation. I can live with most of the mold as is, but the main thing I would want out of a TV version is different shoulders.

With panel lines:

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/redirect.php?goto=findpost&ptid=144410&pid=4855440&fromuid=449

With panel lines and added decal, e.g. 01 and 02 on ARMD:

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-144432-1-1.html

So it is expensive huh? Well some treat it as an investment:

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-144402-1-2.html

I think I may found one bug - can the shoulder rail runs point forward straight in cruiser mode, like the line art?

Edited by CF18

Started gluing little pieces on tonight. As Graham noted...some fit tight and do not gluing at all. I feel a few require just a drop of glue in the screw hole. Some of the really small ones are a bit tedious, but that could just be that I'm tired. Anyway, A sharp hobby knife and a little patience is all that is required. The parts all fit very, very well. You cannot tell were not put on at the factory once they are on. Might start panel lining tomorrow or Monday... B))

And as far as I can tell the rail guns do NOT go all the way forward which kind of bummed me out also, you CAN slide them past the last tab, but then they point up slightly, BUT they do face straight forward. I don't recommend this as I do not think Yamato intended for them to go all the way forward.

By far the HARDEST thing is extending those front four spikes. They pull out in pairs by the way. BE careful pulling those out, or you WILL damage the plastic. They are really in there tight! :unsure:

Edited by derex3592