Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 Macross

Save

Glad to hear you all have received and enjoyed this piece of marvellous toy. I also received mine from my trusted supplier last saturday, and I just can't stop smiling like a carzy lovestruck fool!

15012011961.jpg

You know, everytime I hold it up...The opening theme song from The Macross TV series will play in my head. :p

Edited by boyarque

I just went through the same thing, in my lighting it looked like it was die-cast :huh:

Anyways, I am very impressed with this toy so far.

The only problem I have it is the elbow joint that has the screw in it.

I noticed it had a huge gap near the magnetic rotation part that connect to the ARMD.

When I rotate the arm I have to be careful, because the part gets a gap that I have to push together.

I have not gotten to adding all the bits yet, as I have been playing with the thing more that anything.

I had the same problem. Take the joint apart and re-seat the magnetic piece. You'll get it to a point where the rotation of the "forearm" will not cause such a huge gap anymore.

Note that you only need to remove the top of forearm (lift and slide out). Spring in the arm should stay seated with the elbow and lower forearm.

IF YOU HAVEN'T FIXED IT YOURSELF ALREADY LIKE I JUST READ NOW...........:blink:

Edited by logos

My roommate still hasn't received his, I told him not to use ebay, I've had paint and gundam markers ready for weeks.

To date I have made 300 purchases on Ebay. About 98% of them have had no issues and I recieved in 3-5 days from overseas vendors.

Granted you need to do your research.

1. Do not buy pre-orders. Dont know why Ebay allows this because it conflicts with the dispute resolution policy in terms of lead time to put in a claim.

2. Check the Ad. Some ebay vendors open multiple accounts because of their poor feedback.

3. Make sure you look at their current bidders. You can tell the SELLER is bidding up the item if they have new bidders with virtually no bid history in the last thirty days

4. Even if the Auction has information just ask. CYA. By asking over again ie Is the item brand New unopened official Yamato 1/3000 Super Dimensional Fortress Always use full names. Does shipping include tracking, and insurance blah blah.

Now your protected. Overall my experience in terms of Pricing/Shipping has been great.

Also MW has a buyers Black List. Check it out. I have and added users from ebay.

I like to buy from Toysonline, HobbyLocus, AnimeKing, A_E productions and figure house. All in my Buyer list. Sometimes you can deal with them offline

Edited by Snail00

Or... You just shop at a reputable store and not spend an hour doing all that other stuff.... :unsure:

Or you can just read my comment :wacko:

"Also MW has a buyers Black List. Check it out. I have and added users from ebay.

I like to buy from Toysonline, HobbyLocus, AnimeKing, A_E productions and figure house. All in my Buyer list. Sometimes you can deal with them offline "

So, if I see the item in my Sellers list, I dont spend an hour to review. But I guess 2 min in my time is 1 hour in yours :p

Or you can just read my comment :wacko:

"Also MW has a buyers Black List. Check it out. I have and added users from ebay.

I like to buy from Toysonline, HobbyLocus, AnimeKing, A_E productions and figure house. All in my Buyer list. Sometimes you can deal with them offline "

So, if I see the item in my Sellers list, I dont spend an hour to review. But I guess 2 min in my time is 1 hour in yours :p

No, but in my world, time moves linearly and I can't foresee what you're going to write when you go back and edit your posts after I've already made a reply. But that's probably because my sense of time is limited to the confines of this reality.

Guys, got a question for you.

As I am putting my sprue pieces on my SDF-1, I noticed that out of all the light grey sprue parts, there is one that has a slightly darker light grey. Its the one that has parts 30-39 (the single light grey sprue with no doubles). The slightly darker light grey caused the screw covers to be a slight mismatch on the SDF-1 body. Do you guys get the same thing? As I can't tell if that was intentional to get a random patchy look on the panels, or did I simply get Yamatoed again with a sprue that has a slightly messed up gray.

My pieces got some fitting issues, but after some trimming it all fits nicely now. I would not go as far as saying I'm being Yamato'ed. If I did, then I might as well add being Bandai'ed, Hasblown, Takara'ed and Mattel'ed to the list, won't I?

Hey guys, for those who are interested, the Collection DX review was posted today.

http://www.collectio...ember_love_type

This should be enough to push all those who are on the edge off (the ones who survived after Grahams review that is).

I saw this video on youtube and did not bother to hit the site directly.

Can you say ballsy? for putting that on a flexi display lol.

The though crossed my mind, but I'd rather not test it out.

Guys, got a question for you.

As I am putting my sprue pieces on my SDF-1, I noticed that out of all the light grey sprue parts, there is one that has a slightly darker light grey. Its the one that has parts 30-39 (the single light grey sprue with no doubles). The slightly darker light grey caused the screw covers to be a slight mismatch on the SDF-1 body. Do you guys get the same thing? As I can't tell if that was intentional to get a random patchy look on the panels, or did I simply get Yamatoed again with a sprue that has a slightly messed up gray.

I still have not gotten to fitting the bits on yet.

Still thinking if I want to do any customizations first.

I saw this video on youtube and did not bother to hit the site directly.

Can you say ballsy? for putting that on a flexi display lol.

The though crossed my mind, but I'd rather not test it out.

I think it looks pretty good on a flexi... although I haven't tried it on mine yet.

You can check out the Collection Display thread.

Derex3592 is using it.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=34339&st=105

Edited by macrossnake

Yamato can bite my shiny metal ass for releasing this 3 days after Christmas. I want this thing so bad it burns but seriously? 3 days after Christmas when everyone is penniless? I don't use credit and it's pretty bad that this toy is so full of win that it makes me want to get a CC just to order it and then shred the thing. If I'm lucky, I might get one when the ole tax return comes in. <_<

I haven't had any problems with anything i have put on flexi-stands up to this point. I have the clear tipped ones. Some of mine have been on there for almost a year now. No damage. :unsure:

Yeah, I don't know exactly how or why I lost paint but I did. On my other DYRL Skull squad there was just a bit of clear looking residue, but my roy lost paint :(

I think I will buy another VF-1S roy for the display and either try to patch up the other or just leave it and make it my desk valk.

Hey

I was looking at the Customized thread on SDF-1 1:2000 they LOOK phenomenal. I have a couple of questions has anyone decided to make the LITTLE tiny Valkyries for this SDF-1? AND PLEASE tell me how did those people make them?? i want to try... did they sculpt them from RICE? as well anyone Paint the macross CITY yet? :huh:

Hey

I was looking at the Customized thread on SDF-1 1:2000 they LOOK phenomenal. I have a couple of questions has anyone decided to make the LITTLE tiny Valkyries for this SDF-1? AND PLEASE tell me how did those people make them?? i want to try... did they sculpt them from RICE? as well anyone Paint the macross CITY yet? :huh:

Look in this thread for the tiny valks:

Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 Custom/Detailing by Kye

Ha!

You got me back though...I just smudged my screen trying to kill your .gif bug <_<

Insect hater! Repeat after me "Killing is bad for kharma."

Yamato can bite my shiny metal ass for releasing this 3 days after Christmas. I want this thing so bad it burns but seriously? 3 days after Christmas when everyone is penniless? I don't use credit and it's pretty bad that this toy is so full of win that it makes me want to get a CC just to order it and then shred the thing. If I'm lucky, I might get one when the ole tax return comes in. <_<

I was in the shop 1 hr ago. I held the box in my hands (slightly lighter than I expected by a wee bit). I cradled the damn thing for a couple of minutes (couldn't open it, sealed with Yamato factory tape I think). Price was about US$410. Was very undecided. Then thought along these lines:

1. This one is sold out, backordered on HLJ, reports (see above) that no more in Yamato warehouse

2. Everytime Yamato sells out a standard toy, they re-release it.

3. Maybe I'd get a weathered version.

4. Maybe some small improvements in the Ver1.1 or Ver2. or I get a stand with it.

5. OK OK, US$410 is not small sum, I'd take my luck and wait it out.

Now I am back home in front of the PC and still sort of 40% regret not buying it because I'd be zooming it around by now making main gun charging noises.

Insect hater! Repeat after me "Killing is bad for kharma."

I was in the shop 1 hr ago. I held the box in my hands (slightly lighter than I expected by a wee bit). I cradled the damn thing for a couple of minutes (couldn't open it, sealed with Yamato factory tape I think). Price was about US$410. Was very undecided. Then thought along these lines:

1. This one is sold out, backordered on HLJ, reports (see above) that no more in Yamato warehouse

2. Everytime Yamato sells out a standard toy, they re-release it.

3. Maybe I'd get a weathered version.

4. Maybe some small improvements in the Ver1.1 or Ver2. or I get a stand with it.

5. OK OK, US$410 is not small sum, I'd take my luck and wait it out.

Now I am back home in front of the PC and still sort of 40% regret not buying it because I'd be zooming it around by now making main gun charging noises.

Wow, I would get it if you can. This toy is hot. :D

So I don't know if it's been posted but Yamato's warehouse is officially out of the 1/3000s according to their reports to distributors.

Read similar thing from HK - last batch from 1st release is in retail shops today, and no more in HK or Japan warehouse. No doubt it will be reissued, but when? Yamato may just sit on it like the 1:48 Fast Pack or 1:60v2 VE-1.

I hope it convince them that a proper TV SDF-1 is worth the risk.

Edited by CF18

I just started futzing with mine. My fingers are sore from attaching the ARMDs last night. There had to be a better way that could have been handled.

I find they go in a lot easier if you connect them at the ends of the ARMD rather than in the middle.

Defiantly easier to hook them up and take them off from the left or right ends of the ARMDS

Edited by logos

Read similar thing from HK - last batch from 1st release is in retail shops today, and no more in HK or Japan warehouse. No doubt it will be reissued, but when? Yamato may just sit on it like the 1:48 Fast Pack or 1:60v2 VE-1.

I hope it convince them that a proper TV SDF-1 is worth the risk.

I've heard the same thing on the first day of release, from the shop-owner from whom I bought 90% of my Yammies. There weren't many stocks around to last; there were only 40 or so left in the warehouse for Hong Kong on day 1 (I believe he got at least a dozen thereafter). I don't know about the Japan side.