Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 Macross

Save

I just received mine yesterday, all I can say is WOW!!

It seems the more I look at it the more detail springs out at you. No doubt its expensive but man if you are in anyway a Macross fan this is a MUST HAVE!!

Now to order another one......must have a cruiser mode and attacker mode next to each other.......

So am I hearing this right? If I choose SAL, there's no customs charge? OMG! It was close to $60 in customs/duty/brokerage itself!! Argh.

Mine was EMS and I did not pay any duty. Exact price of the toy was on the bill of lading as well.

Couple of pics.....

IMG_0001%20%2813%29.jpg?psid=1

IMG_0004%20%289%29.jpg?psid=1

IMG_0005%20%287%29.jpg?psid=1

Yamatoed! (again...)

Mine came with a defect too. Fortunately, its not a huge deal. The knees of mine has inconsistent ratchets, with one knee clicks only when bending the leg backwards, while the other knee only clicks when straigtening the knee from the bent position, but not vice versa. Its as if one knee had the ratchet installed in reverse. Also, even when they click, they don't lock or hold the leg position as they do like the arms/elbows do. So they are a pair of ratchet knees that has inconsistent 'click', and work more like just a friction joint instead (with additional sounds). But good that the friction there is good, and the knees are still pretty snug, regardless the faulty ratchets in them. Phew~!

Aside from the funny knees on mine, I really like this Macross. If the arms don't get stressed and crack later on, then this SDF-1 is indeed one of the most sturdily built Yamato so far. And I love the diecast frame holding the legs and torso together, adding weight and durability to the whole thing. Those hidden magnets in ARMD 1 & 2, and the gun boom tips are fantastic.

One question I have for you guys that have it. In Attack Mode, is the torso suppose to be a bit wobbly, even after its locked in place? Mine doesn't feel snug, even after I rotated it all the way and locked the tab in the back. The torso holds position just fine, but wobbles a bit. But its fine in cruiser mode.

Edited by mpchi

Mine was EMS and I did not pay any duty. Exact price of the toy was on the bill of lading as well.

Couple of pics.....

IMG_0001%20%2813%29.jpg?psid=1

IMG_0004%20%289%29.jpg?psid=1

IMG_0005%20%287%29.jpg?psid=1

Logos I love your office. ^_^

Given how expensive this is...think anybody will ever customize it to 'final battle damage' shape?

or photoshop it. B))

Review is up on CollectionDX. Adam/Atom reviewed it, does he get all the expensive toy reviews? Anyway here is the video.

Edited by logos

Yeah it looks great, I broke down and bought one and should be here by next week.

I need help guys i read you need to glue some parts together? i never did great job with models. What kind of GLUE do i need? Crazy glue?? and where can i get this glue to put it together? and to pick the parts off the little plastic holder is scissors good enough?

Thanks! :(

Hey jimber. Welcome to the MW forums.

I used Elmer's glue and it worked just fine for me.

Only a few parts needed a tiny tab for the parts to stay in place.

The shoulder cannons, several parts on the ARMD, and that's about it.

EDIT: Oh pick up a sprue remover...I have a Testors from several years ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Testor-Corp-Sprue-Cutters/dp/B0006NDZG2/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1294814767&sr=8-2-fkmr1

Edited by UN Spacy

I wonder what people(who are not aware of the show) think when they see the 1/300 SDF toy.

Probably the same exact thing they think when they see every other robot toy: not much at all. :p

This thing really isn't that enormous. Now the new AT-AT toy from Star Wars, that's a truly big toy.

I'm happy to hear all the good reports and sales on this thing because it means I'm one step closer to getting the TV version. :)

Probably the same exact thing they think when they see every other robot toy: not much at all. :p

This thing really isn't that enormous. Now the new AT-AT toy from Star Wars, that's a truly big toy.

I'm happy to hear all the good reports and sales on this thing because it means I'm one step closer to getting the TV version. :)

My wife is NO sci-fi fan, and that's pretty much her reaction to all my toys. However, she has pointed out on several occasions that she can differentiate between the Macross toys and the "other toys." That's actually a pretty nice compliment. And to her credit, she now knows a few by name! :)

Coffee break is boring and I don't think anyone posted pics of it in this mode........so.........:)

IMG_0046.jpg?psid=1

IMG_0048.jpg?psid=1

Edited by logos