Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 Macross

Save

I would bet it would be more expensive if they made a TV version if for nothing else that the arm attachments are slightly more complex on the TV version. The DYRL has those spiked tendrils that attach to the ARMD's but they always stay in pretty much the same place. On the TV version the arms actually retract into the shoulders. They don't necessarily have to do that on the toy but it will hurt line-art accuracy in Cruiser mode as the Daedalus sits closer to the legs than the Prometheus and the collapsible arms make that happen. That's a lot more complicated a mechanism.

huh never noticed that. I dont mind if its slightly different than the line art. There is only so much you can do but my biggest concern is the price tag

I too live in Toronto and as I have mentioned before, in another thread our tax on imports is rather arbitrary. Now the toy is too rich for my blood and I can understand Americans having the cash but people in toronto??? Like I say a river of gold runs under this city. Ok back to topic.

Mr Graham... with your confirmation from Yamato on sales of this beast going well and me just checking internet retailers seeing short stock/Restock notifications will Yamato make the TV version and will it be the same price as the Movie version?

I also have NO idea why the tax system is so fickle. My VF-25f with armour parts just showed up on my doorstep one day from hlj...no taxes involved.

Then last week, my 1/72 fine molds millenium falcon showed up from hlj with a $30 tax bill!

(sorry for the derail. please continue raving about the macross!)

I got mine at lunch from the post office.

I made it at the perfect tIme too...NO LINES!!!

When I left that line was twenty deep....lucky me.

Lucky you. I forgot I opted for SAL so hitting F5 isn't going to do much good over the ocean. Bah.

Ridiculous. $400 and its knees don't even bend.

you know it doesn't even come with a pilot? Not that it matters, the cockpit doesn't open.

The knees do bend! And it does come with a pilot. It's on the sprue, you just need a really steady hand to cut out that piece of plastic in the shape of a 1/3000 Global. As for the cockpit not opening, the city opens up and then the little figure has to take a car that goes up the arms and then continues up the elevator up to the bridge.

All for $400 bucks! Suckas! Now you have to get it!

The knees do bend! And it does come with a pilot. It's on the sprue, you just need a really steady hand to cut out that piece of plastic in the shape of a 1/3000 Global. As for the cockpit not opening, the city opens up and then the little figure has to take a car that goes up the arms and then continues up the elevator up to the bridge.

All for $400 bucks! Suckas! Now you have to get it!

LMAO! :p

Could one of you fine gentlemen who have acquired this please post a comparison pic of this beast in Attacker mode next to a 1/48 VF-1 in battroid mode?

Moggy's curious to see how these two look next to one another.

Anime-Export have it in stock!

Wow!! They jacked up the price since yesterday! It was $26896 yen, and now they are asking 29520 yen!! (plus usually they charge 30% more shipping than others)

I would say wait until HLJ has more stock. AmiAmi doesn't look like they gonna get more any time soon....

Hey everybody! I just started my thread on modifying/painting up this beauty! I just got 2 unexpected days off - so lets see what I can do in the two days!!

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=34450&st=0&gopid=889724entry889724

^^Thanks!!

Glad to see that the SDF-1 doesn't "look" significantly shorter than the 1/48.

Yes, I realize they're at different scales and all. But I was definitely hoping that the 1/3000 would still look taller or equal in height to the 1/48s.

Here's hoping they go forward with making a TV version.

Unfortunatly when I ordered this several months ago I chose SAL. Now I have to wait :(

Not to nitpick...I mean this looks like an amazing piece, but I'm curious as to why Yamato chose to not allow the rail guns to point directly forward in cruiser mode. Seems odd to nail down so many details but miss something that was pretty standard in line-art, anime, and other toys/models.

I guess usps in my area is also on japanese holiday since its still stuck in customs since last friday and still hasn't moved. Da hell is going on.

mine has too i just double checked. I wonder what the hold up is.

It's not great but it's a pic

Image1528.jpg

it sure does look nice

BTW like your monitor

PSBTW I took my $300 X-Mas $$ and put it to towards the purchase the of the PG Strike Freedom. Sigh I guess IM not such a macross lover !

The prices are going up. I have a feeling this is going to end up being one of those "holy grail" toys...

Like the 1/55 elintseeker and the super ostrich. The ones I never picked up back in the day and now I'd have to sell a kidney on the black market to get one in decent shape! :)

This is one amazing toy. I do hope they choose to release the TV version one day. From what I've read, sales have been pretty decent, so hopefully Yamato (or maybe even BanDai) will consider it.

I doubt it will be a holy grail item, maybe only because of the cost but yamato has shown a willingness to reissue an item until the market is saturated and then do sales to pick up the stragglers and then do weathered versions to get the people who will double dip and then issue a reissue again, just to be sure.

UGH. I ordered this like 5 days ago from HLJ and they still haven't taken payment or shipped it. I WANT MY SDF!

Don't worry hutch, they took my payment today :D

I had to order on New Years Eve.

I had ordered it from another vendor and it showed in stock, but then the next morning I happen to go back to the page and it said it was in pre order status.

I got worried, so I mailed them. Turns out he did not get the amount they had on order. I got a refund and placed the order on HLJ. So basically I have $400 bucks floating until it hits

my bank. I knew I should have ordered back when it was on pre order, but decided to wait for the review.

Edited by Loop

I doubt it will be a holy grail item, maybe only because of the cost but yamato has shown a willingness to reissue an item until the market is saturated and then do sales to pick up the stragglers and then do weathered versions to get the people who will double dip and then issue a reissue again, just to be sure.

I totally agrees! After all, Yamato is known to milk the molds anyways.

That's a sweet toy and it's really tempting me but I just can't get past the colors, I know it's show accurate but it seems a little bland to me. I asked this on another board but was the DYRL style or at least close enough Macross ever shown in any of the series in the TV colors? I'm thinking maybe Macross Plus but it's been years since I've seen that so I'm not even sure which version was shown, If so maybe there's a chance Yamato will re-color it.

The Macross Plus version is technically the "Macross Plus Version"

If you look at images you can see that the shades of color are slightly different.

The chest on the Macross Plus version has some red coloring, where as the DYRL version seems not to. The shades of gray look a bit different to me also.

Check out these pics:

Image 1: DYRL SDF-1 Macross

Image 2: Macross Plus SDF-1 Macross

macross-dyrl-attack.gifmacross-plus-attack.gif

" The SDF-1 appears virtually unchanged after the 2012 refit, but appears to have a slightly altered color possibly due to the need for upgrades to the hull as age requires the old hull to be replaced. The SDF-1 Macross also has been refitted with newer anti-ship and anti-fighter weapons and groups of rotating cannon emplacements are found all across the hull."

DYRL Source:http://www.macross2....across-dyrl.htm

Macross Plus Source:http://www.macross2....across-plus.htm

I think they are different, although the same ship.

Thanks for the update, Loop! I actually was unaware there were actually differences between the DYRL and the Plus SDF-1. Makes sense.

No problem, just trying to help. :)

It's kinda funny though when I think about it. They could technically try to milk the mold if they make a version for Macross Plus lol.

Edited by Loop

No problem, just trying to help. :)

It's kinda funny though when I think about it. They could technically try to milk the mold if they make a version for Macross Plus lol.

Oh, I think they will DEFINITELY milk this mold! I'll lay down money that we'll eventually see several different versions of this mold.

Oh, I think they will DEFINITELY milk this mold! I'll lay down money that we'll eventually see several different versions of this mold.

Of course they will. But I will stay away from them all. If a TV version comes out, I will shell out the money for it. Until then, I have this one and only one.