Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 Macross

Save

Principle photography done, photos renamed, thumbnails created, instruction manual scanned, photos renamed, thumbnails created, photos being uploaded to the MW server.

Still to do - secondary photos, including comparison pics writing the review and editing the web pages.

Graham

Principle photography done, photos renamed, thumbnails created, instruction manual scanned, photos renamed, thumbnails created, photos being uploaded to the MW server.

Still to do - secondary photos, including comparison pics writing the review and editing the web pages.

Graham

AWEEEEEESOME!!!!!!

Anyone that has the 1/2000 version also getting this one as well?

Before someone asks why anyone would get the 1/3000 when they already have the 1/2000 version, perhaps they didn't want to spend another 200,000 yen for a second one and wants to display the macross in the other mode as well.

Fantastic! ^_^ When Graham speaks (in Macrossworld at least), everyone listens! :lol:

Definitely looking forward to the review! The last review Graham done on MW has to be the 1/60 Yamato Version 2 Strike (Roy back in mid 2008.)

Edited by BlueMax

He can't reveal anything anyway until 12/28/10.

DOH!

Send the pics to me. I promise not to share it with anyone else.

!!! :p

BTW

Translation please

やまとマクロスシリーズ最大サイズにして、真の主役的存在である「マクロス艦」。

これまで“やまと”が手掛けてきたバルキリーやデストロイドとは一線を画す圧倒的な存在感を放つこのアイテムは、どのように開発が進行してきたのか?

1/2000の試作モデルからH.D.Pキット、それを踏まえての1/3000での仕様再検討までをご紹介!

開発STEP1 サイズ検討用モックアップ

「マクロス艦」の開発の際、真っ先に挙げられたのがスケールの設定という問題です。

手にしたときのボリューム感と保管場所などのバランスを考慮して、まずは1/2000というスケール設定で外観試作を製作しました。

この試作は各部のギミックや形状・ディテールを作りこむ前のもので、2009年2月22日に行われた 「マクロス進宙式」にて、商品化発表とともに展示されたのち、工場での製造検討に使用されました。

開発STEP1 サイズ検討用モックアップ

ギミックや形状の設計を進める一方、工場での検討と交渉を重ねた結果、このサイズでの完成品化は品質基準や価格の面からも現実的でないという結論に。 しかしながらこの破格なサイズの魅力と、少しでも早く手にしたいという声に後押しされ、試作モデルのレプリカという、業界初の仕様で1/2000モデルが実現。

試作を依頼している業者で、職人さんがひとつひとつのパーツを検品・調整してお届けする特殊受注生産方式は月産5~10セットというプレミア品です。

終的な完成品のサイズは、様々な検討の結果1/3000に決定しました。それでもやまとマクロスシリーズでは、これまで最高だった「1/60完全変形SV-51γ」の340mmを超える、全長400mm!完成品の最大サイズ更新です。

とはいえ1/2000の設計を、単に1/3000に縮小しても成型品としては成り立たないので、もちろんサイズに合わせた再設計は必要。

ここで“やまと”が行ったのは「機構の再設計」だけではなく、「より1/3000にふさわしい外観形状と、塗装済み完成品としてのバリュー」をもう一度見直すことでした。

左の画像は、2010年7月に行われたワンダーフェスティバル2010[夏]で掲示していたもの。 1/2000で実現していた「脚部居住区」や保持用の磁石ギミックなどを省略せずにそのまま採用したうえで、スケールエフェクトを考慮した外観形状の微修正はもちろん、関節ギミックの追加まで盛り込んでいます。

Edited by Snail00

DOH!

Send the pics to me. I promise not to share it with anyone else.

!!! :p

BTW

Translation please

やまとマクロスシリーズ最大サイズにして、真の主役的存在である「マクロス艦」。

これまで“やまと”が手掛けてきたバルキリーやデストロイドとは一線を画す圧倒的な存在感を放つこのアイテムは、どのように開発が進行してきたのか?

1/2000の試作モデルからH.D.Pキット、それを踏まえての1/3000での仕様再検討までをご紹介!

開発STEP1 サイズ検討用モックアップ

「マクロス艦」の開発の際、真っ先に挙げられたのがスケールの設定という問題です。

手にしたときのボリューム感と保管場所などのバランスを考慮して、まずは1/2000というスケール設定で外観試作を製作しました。

この試作は各部のギミックや形状・ディテールを作りこむ前のもので、2009年2月22日に行われた 「マクロス進宙式」にて、商品化発表とともに展示されたのち、工場での製造検討に使用されました。

開発STEP1 サイズ検討用モックアップ

ギミックや形状の設計を進める一方、工場での検討と交渉を重ねた結果、このサイズでの完成品化は品質基準や価格の面からも現実的でないという結論に。 しかしながらこの破格なサイズの魅力と、少しでも早く手にしたいという声に後押しされ、試作モデルのレプリカという、業界初の仕様で1/2000モデルが実現。

試作を依頼している業者で、職人さんがひとつひとつのパーツを検品・調整してお届けする特殊受注生産方式は月産5~10セットというプレミア品です。

終的な完成品のサイズは、様々な検討の結果1/3000に決定しました。それでもやまとマクロスシリーズでは、これまで最高だった「1/60完全変形SV-51γ」の340mmを超える、全長400mm!完成品の最大サイズ更新です。

とはいえ1/2000の設計を、単に1/3000に縮小しても成型品としては成り立たないので、もちろんサイズに合わせた再設計は必要。

ここで“やまと”が行ったのは「機構の再設計」だけではなく、「より1/3000にふさわしい外観形状と、塗装済み完成品としてのバリュー」をもう一度見直すことでした。

左の画像は、2010年7月に行われたワンダーフェスティバル2010[夏]で掲示していたもの。 1/2000で実現していた「脚部居住区」や保持用の磁石ギミックなどを省略せずにそのまま採用したうえで、スケールエフェクトを考慮した外観形状の微修正はもちろん、関節ギミックの追加まで盛り込んでいます。

edit

2010年12月28日 発売予定

予価  34,440 円(税込)(本体価格:32,800 円)

I think its going to be around 400 bucks

edit

2010年12月28日 発売予定

予価  34,440 円(税込)(本体価格:32,800 円)

I think its going to be around 400 bucks

The item has been available for pre-order for some time now and almost all of them are cheaper than the suggested retail price listed there.

As for the translation, it's hard to understand what Chrome is showing me, but you can get the general gist of it (taken from the actual page on Yamato's site):

Step 01

"Macross ship" during the development of the scale of the problem is listed in the configuration first.

To balance and sense of volume and location of hand when, a first / trial made a 1/2000 appearance on a scale setting.

This trial in detail before making Komu and shape of each part gimmick, held on February 22, 2009, "Binary Space Los macro expression" at the show after it was announced along with the commercialization of their production in plants was used for study.

Step 02

While promoting gimmick, and form design, a result of review and negotiation at the plant, size of finished goods to the conclusion that this is also impractical in terms of price and quality standards. The charm of this exceptional size, however, is driven by a voice I want to get a little faster, a replica of the prototype model, an industry first in the specification / implementation model 1/2000.

The company has asked a prototype system to deliver special-order parts inspected one by one to adjust the craftsman's premier products that range from 5 to 10 sets per month. Fabricated using a special material for the industry, "HDP Kit" This model is billed as 210,000 yen (tax included) but that price, a book filled with minutes already delivered in April 2009, at 12 months great response. Macross "completely transformed" Ukagae expectations for the fans, "Yamato" was an event feel tremendous self-confidence and responsibility. Monthly production still accepting orders, has been sold out and reward each time.

Fabricated using a special material for the industry, "HDP Kit" This model is billed as 210,000 yen (tax included) but that price, a book filled with minutes already delivered in April 2009, at 12 months great response. Macross "completely transformed" Ukagae expectations for the fans, "Yamato" was an event feel tremendous self-confidence and responsibility. Monthly production still accepting orders, has been sold out and reward each time.

Step 03

The final size of the finished product is a result of various studies / decision in 1/3000. Yamato Macross is still on, was the best ever, " 1 / 60 Perfect Transformation SV-51Γ "of more than 340mm, Length 400mm! The maximum size of the finished product updates.

No one is 1/2000 design, only 1 / shrink even as the molded hold since 1/3000, according to the size of course redesign is necessary.

Here, "Yamato" is gone, "redesign of the mechanism," not just "one more / shape and appearance appropriate to 3000, painted as a value" could be reviewed again.

The left image, WF 2010 held in July 2010 [summer] what was posted on. 1 / 2000 has been achieved, "the leg of residential areas" adding gimmicks and adopted in full as it is for holding the magnet and the outer shape of the minor changes as well as considering the scale effect, a gimmick to add Takashi Seki has incorporated.

Yamato Macross far, several mock-up design and fabrication, and Repurikakitto and "Macross" created by the incorporated feedback from fans who love, 1 / 3000 Macross finished product, by all means your collection a!

mfw reading that :blink:

LOL yeah... pretty much.

The gist of what I got out of the translation is that

Step 1, they decided to make a 1/2000 macross prototype because the 1/2000 scale let them have a better sense of scale and detail. On Feb 22, 2009 they announce plans to sell it. say they still want a macross now, so they decide to make a limited release of the 1/2000 scale model. The planned to make 5-

Step 2, They find that it was impractical to sell it in 1/2000 scale with all the features, quality and size, but people10 sets out of HDP, each individually inspected and sell them for 210,000 yen. Each time, the release a batch, it sells out and it seems to have made it worth their effort.

Step 3, they shrink it down and make it viable for mass production. It is going to be longer than the sv-51 (400mm vs 320mm).

Some redesign was needed due to the size shrink.

LOL yeah... pretty much.

The gist of what I got out of the translation is that

Step 1, they decided to make a 1/2000 macross prototype because the 1/2000 scale let them have a better sense of scale and detail. On Feb 22, 2009 they announce plans to sell it. say they still want a macross now, so they decide to make a limited release of the 1/2000 scale model. The planned to make 5-

Step 2, They find that it was impractical to sell it in 1/2000 scale with all the features, quality and size, but people10 sets out of HDP, each individually inspected and sell them for 210,000 yen. Each time, the release a batch, it sells out and it seems to have made it worth their effort.

Step 3, they shrink it down and make it viable for mass production. It is going to be longer than the sv-51 (400mm vs 320mm).

Some redesign was needed due to the size shrink.

Thanks for that! I saw it on HLJ for 238 Yen. Does that sound good? Is yamato going to limit the release of the SDF in case I want to wait a bit maybe until the summer

So many things my wallet is getting multiple concussions from the Fans Project Rodimus Trailer, MP Rodimus, Alter Linebarrel and (straight copy and paste from HLJ account)

BAN961146 Soul of Chogokin GX-58 Earth Defense Flagship Andromeda (Yamato / Star Blazers) 1 Feb. Release Feb. Release 02454907

BAN965428 Formania Gunship (Nausicaa) 1 Feb. Release Feb. Release 02454907

BAN966570 Metal Build 00 Gundam Seven Sword (Gundam 00 (Double O)) 1 Mar. Release Mar. Release 02458449

Edited by Snail00

Thanks for that! I saw it on HLJ for 238 Yen. Does that sound good? Is yamato going to limit the release of the SDF in case I want to wait a bit maybe until the summer

So many things my wallet is getting multiple concussions from the Fans Project Rodimus Trailer, MP Rodimus, Alter Linebarrel and (straight copy and paste from HLJ account)

BAN961146 Soul of Chogokin GX-58 Earth Defense Flagship Andromeda (Yamato / Star Blazers) 1 Feb. Release Feb. Release 02454907

BAN965428 Formania Gunship (Nausicaa) 1 Feb. Release Feb. Release 02454907

BAN966570 Metal Build 00 Gundam Seven Sword (Gundam 00 (Double O)) 1 Mar. Release Mar. Release 02458449

i have been on the HLJ website on and off looking at the SDF 1. The bridge detail paint apps looks sloppy to me for its size. Yamato is foolish not to allow G-Man to review it because I m holding back to see whats it like before I pre-order

I am looking forward to it, but deep in my heart, it's just "a SDF", not "the SDF".

I grew up with the TV version, damn it Yamato!

I grew up with TV version, and I have only seen the dyrl 10 years back but I love it.

For some reasons, I like the dyrl better.

For valks yes, but I still don't have a good sdf-1, and I think that'll pretty much complete my macross collecting next the to hi-metal bandai line.

Don't worry and forget about Yamato, you still can get matchbox tv version for a lot less. It is robust and reliable.