Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 Macross

Save

There's a few minor issues with the pre-production sample, which the factory have said they will resolve. I'm not going to mention specifics, as my sample is only pre-production.

But otherwise, this thing rocks and kicks the Wave version's ass(US)/arse(UK) ten ways to Sunday.

Fantastic sculpt, super detailed, anime accurate, nice tight joints and easy to transform.

Graham

HOT DAMN! B))

Thanks for the pic of that little Bandai fighter mode valky thingy!

Can you post more pics of the other Bandai 1/250 valks (preferably with the same background... just different angles)? :rolleyes:

Picture of VF-171EX with something else (that I really shouldn't publish photos of).

Graham

Edited by m0n5t3r

Looks good Prices on the net are floating around 350 to 400. Same price like the Patlabor which dropped by half in a year and a Half so I will wait for the price drop

As for better than the wave. I have the movie color version and I quite like it. I dont think its a fair comparison between the two. I would assume its better because the size and gimmicks.

Edited by Snail00

From what I read, some people actually think that the TV SDF-1 toy will look anything like the lineart in terms of proportion. I feel compelled to speak about this: I hate to say this, but the fact is that the PROPORTIONS wil be very much similar to the DYRL line art, which is closer to what the actual thing will look like (see 1/2000 or 1/3000 SDF-1)

The TV lineart's bow is way too wide, basically as if it is from a forced perspective that makes the bow look almost as wide as the stern, when in fact the bow is only as wide as what is presented in the DYRL lineart, and for even more accurate indication, the 1/2000 or 1/3000 DYRL SDF-1

However, having said that, the fact is that slapping the Prometheus and Daedalus in place of the Armds ain't gonna cut it. I can accept the torso bit, but the shoulders, specifically how the cannons are attached (Swivel internal versus swivel external of shoulder) need to be addressed, alongside the main gun (the TV version has an arc indent on each side of the main gun). Only with these few changes (shoulders, maingun and of course with the P and D) I can accept a "repaint"

This picture makes me really want the TV Version. I remember growing up with that version. Im fond of it. Of course the goofy Hero Gundam colors may distract from it but its true to the series. Also looks a lot more sleeker and I like how the control deck is off to the side

Looks good Prices on the net are floating around 350 to 400. Same price like the Patlabor which dropped by half in a year and a Half so I will wait for the price drop

This picture makes me really want the TV Version. I remember growing up with that version. Im fond of it.

So you hope that the Dyrl version won't sell well so yamato will do 50% price slash before the line died out. At the meantime you hope that Yamato will do the TV version to make the same mistake again to get 50% off?

If nobody support the line then how possible could we see more products?

There's a few minor issues with the pre-production sample, which the factory have said they will resolve. I'm not going to mention specifics, as my sample is only pre-production.

But otherwise, this thing rocks and kicks the Wave version's ass(US)/arse(UK) ten ways to Sunday.

Fantastic sculpt, super detailed, anime accurate, nice tight joints and easy to transform.

Graham

it kicks [aussie]arse[\aussie] huh! Good to know!

So you hope that the Dyrl version won't sell well so yamato will do 50% price slash before the line died out. At the meantime you hope that Yamato will do the TV version to make the same mistake again to get 50% off?

If nobody support the line then how possible could we see more products?

For me now its a little expensive and I am trying to reduce my fix for plastic things. I want one. Like I wanted the Patlabor But I found that if your patient that eventually I get it for the money I am willing to part with. I am trying to thin out my collection to make room for some of the more nicer stuff. But if it means I need to spend full price on this SDF to get the TV version then I guess I will have to live with my Wave version which I like. Plus I already have a SDF variant the Bandai Mac Quarter. Also your argument while sound doesn't actually show that Yamato wont make variants if there is a price drop. Remember I am not buying it from Yamato. I am buying it it from retailers at the suggested retail Price. When the price dropped for the Patlabor which is a very well designed toy, Yamato still went ahead and made other versions.

Edited by Snail00

Graham

Good to know, was getting worried about it for a wile as that's going to be a huge hit to the wallet.

Remember I am not buying it from Yamato. I am buying it it from retailers at the suggested retail Price. When the price dropped for the Patlabor which is a very well designed toy, Yamato still went ahead and made other versions.

Correct, you're buying X product from retailers, who buy from Yamato (or their suppliers buy from Yamato)...the point is if the merchandise does NOT sell at price point where the retailers get a decent enough return on their investment they will not order from Yamato and Yamato will not see the demand to make any more of X product, or variants of such.

It's more likely that the Patlabor toys you referenced were already in the pipeline and were to be produced regardless.

If we don't buy, or we buy at heavily discounted prices and retailers, manufacturers, etc don't make a profit then the likelihood of new products getting released gets greatly diminished.

-b.

Or, the cut price in the long run is already factored in by Yamato and the retailers, they make enough money from the first adopters in the beginning to cover losses later when the toy is discounted to clear remaining stock. I know most retailers do this, place a huge markup on products at first and then have 50% off! sales wheras it is really only 50% off an already over inflated price.