Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 Macross

Save

More so than a DX VF-25 to the lineart.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

too late for me...I've seen the comparisons side by side and now I know the difference! I hate this thread! Not that I was going to pay that much for the SDF-1 anyway (hides)

LOL... I'm ok with them making kits but now they're crossing into customizing territory. Well I guess custom and weathered schemes are customizations, but what's next? Jetfires?

GIVE US A TRUE TV VERSION!

themacross.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This picture is the reason why I like the TV version better. The flight deck is uniformly flat just like on a modern carrier.

Guess I'm in the minority here but as a realist who knows many SDF tv fans will plunk down already for a DYRL 1/3000 SDF-1, I'm not holding my breath for a TV accurate version as the cost probably will not justify the returns (90% different molds!!!?). That being said I love the TV SDF-1 (i have an original matchbox/takatoku robotech version in storage though its beaten up a bit from play when i was a child), but would totally understand a support a repaint with all new arms (D & P) as "close enough" that i'd spring the $400 bucks for it(which i wouldn't for a DYRL version). I like the TV color scheme better but the detail and design of the DYRL version is appealing too. So.... my message to yamato would be to bring on the recolor with new arms if you can't do a TV accurate version isn't feasible.

Good work! :D

I know (now) the script are quite different, but changing the color makes it 75%+ alike to TV version already.

More so than a DX VF-25 to the lineart.

I have not seen any color pics of the SDF-1 as it appears in the Macross the First managa...however, it would seem it is a "movie" versionSDF-1 with the D and P attached to it rather than the ARMD ships....So why not just release it as a Macross the First version?

sdf1macross the first.bmp

I have not seen any color pics of the SDF-1 as it appears in the Macross the First managa...however, it would seem it is a "movie" versionSDF-1 with the D and P attached to it rather than the ARMD ships....So why not just release it as a Macross the First version?

sdf1macross the first.bmp

There we go then, another canon? Version.

Personally I plan to lighten up the blue a little of the movie sdf

anyway.

I'm not a big fan of the cruiser mode for both the TV and DYRL versions. It basically looks like a robot lying down. The TV version does a look a bit better in that mode however. The attack mode is what I love about the Macross. It's easily one of the most memorable and distinctive designs I've seen. In that mode, it's the DYRL version that I like much more though. When I get mine, I'm definitely displaying it in attack mode.

Reading through this thread after grahams post on a possible TV version is SHOCKING. I really can't believe their are some here that would accept a bastardized, half ass version of the TV SDF-1. We pour over tiny little details and shapes of the valks, endless debates, but when it comes down the the big dog, the mofo that IS THE MACROSS.. we are willing to accept a NOT EVEN CLOSE to being right version?! Did I just come back to BIZARRO MACROSS WORLD?!

We have a chance to get a new sculpt, SAY YES. Even if you cant afford it right now or anyway time soon, you may down the road.. we still collect Macross toys that were only made 20+ years ago. YOU WILL AT LEAST HAVE THE OPTION IF IT'S MADE!

I strongly dislike the DRYL version, it's just got F'd up proportions and needless greeblies hanging off of it. I absolutely will not be buying the DRYL version but would easily but two TV versions if it was done the right way!

Make this happen!!

Edited by Mechinyun

I agree with you 100% in the first paragraph but I think you got Graham's post mixed up. They're asking if you'd take the bastardize version over not having anything at all. If you read it again, he pretty much says that it won't be profitable. I agree too. I think people will pick only one SDF-1 and it'll be the first one to come out, in case the other one doesn't. If they ever came out with a TV version, I'm sure people will not have the money for both and stay away from the second version.

I agree with you 100% in the first paragraph but I think you got Graham's post mixed up. They're asking if you'd take the bastardize version over not having anything at all. If you read it again, he pretty much says that it won't be profitable. I agree too. I think people will pick only one SDF-1 and it'll be the first one to come out, in case the other one doesn't. If they ever came out with a TV version, I'm sure people will not have the money for both and stay away from the second version.

That is exactly the current situation. If the first version sells 1000 unit, the second may sell only 200 - 300. It is nice enough if they entertain fans to some extent to release a repaint.

And in defense of myself to accept a half-breed... At least the impurities are from another legitimate anime design (the DYRL version), not because of incompetence of a toy engineer (details made up by the engr to fill in the blanks he is not familiar with, or feel difficult to do).

To be brutally honest, I have never cared about the whole debate about "line-art accurate" that does tend to go down sometimes on the forum. From a personal standpoint, I am happy that there is a decent-sized version of the Macross coming out that I can A)afford, and B)will look good on my desk. Ruskii made an excellent point that is a good compromise. I too would buy a carrier pack, if one was made for the 1/3000. Makes the most sense to me.

I did a quick photoshop touch up...

It aren't that bad. :)

sdf1-a-retouch-111sss.jpg

I would TOTALLY buy that TV version. I know the DYRL is different, but I don't care. I doubt I would be interested in a translucent Daedalus attack arms, but I WOULD want optional ARMD's to swap in place of the Daedalus and Prometheus (as a "what if").

TV colors, the sculpt and detail of DYRL, and the carrier arms are exactly what I want. I am fine with the differences in the main guns. I would prefer TV shoulders and particle cannon mounts, but can live with the DYRL. The part I would most want to see changed wrt shoulders is spaced outboard more, so that the carrier/arm can go directly back instead of at the angle. I'm not preordered and not otherwise planning on the DYRL. Color scheme is boring, though I do like the ARMDs.

Edited by Uxi

To be brutally honest, I have never cared about the whole debate about "line-art accurate" that does tend to go down sometimes on the forum. From a personal standpoint, I am happy that there is a decent-sized version of the Macross coming out that I can A)afford, and B)will look good on my desk. Ruskii made an excellent point that is a good compromise. I too would buy a carrier pack, if one was made for the 1/3000. Makes the most sense to me.

lol... give the credit to ruski... bastid!

kidding...

If people aren't a stickler to accuracy then I'd rather have a dockable fleet that consist of the Deadalus, Prometheus, TV style ARMD carriers and maybe 5 oberth class ships (only 5 were built according to canon, oberths are smaller and don't dock) in DYRL colors. I mean seriously, do we want 2 SDF-1s in different colors or an add on that makes a fleet in the same color scheme? If they came with stands they would look cool in cruiser mode.

Same here.

Heck, most of the time when you're watching the movie/TV show - the stuff doesn't match the line art; and it all looks better or worse, depending on the angles, etc. etc. etc.

As long as the final product looks good, I'm happy.

With the "almost" TV version of the SDF, I could totally bend for; especially since Yamato is actually doing a slightly different version to make us happy.

kidding...

If people aren't a stickler to accuracy then I'd rather have a dockable fleet that consist of the Deadalus, Prometheus, TV style ARMD carriers and maybe 5 oberth class ships (only 5 were built according to canon, oberths are smaller and don't dock) in DYRL colors. I mean seriously, do we want 2 SDF-1s in different colors or an add on that makes a fleet in the same color scheme? If they came with stands they would look cool in cruiser mode.

"Battle Damaged, or should i say Mangled 1/3000 Prometheus" as web exclusive! :lol: too bad 1/3000 is too small a scale for a gerwalk VT, or for rotting corpses...

too bad we never got to see the fate of the Daedalus as well.

So make a poll for Promethius and Daedalus Combo pack. IT makes sense, more than Chewbacca living on Endor anyways.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I would TOTALLY buy that TV version. I know the DYRL is different, but I don't care. I doubt I would be interested in a translucent Daedalus attack arms, but I WOULD want optional ARMD's to swap in place of the Daedalus and Prometheus (as a "what if").

TV colors, the sculpt and detail of DYRL, and the carrier arms are exactly what I want. I am fine with the differences in the main guns. I would prefer TV shoulders and particle cannon mounts, but can live with the DYRL. The part I would most want to see changed wrt shoulders is spaced outboard more, so that the carrier/arm can go directly back instead of at the angle. I'm not preordered and not otherwise planning on the DYRL. Color scheme is boring, though I do like the ARMDs.

At first, I thought it would look absurd to simply re-color the DYRL to the TV version, but that photoshop mock up has completely changed my mind. For those of you who want a TV version but not a straight up recolor, think of it as a updated TV version. One more thing to consider for the TV version fans...if the ONLY way we're going to get a TV version is a straight up recolor, well...something is better than nothing. But in all honesty...look at that recolored photo! It's pretty bad ass.

Edited by ae_productions

kidding...

I like the idea to have Deadalus and Prometheus as optional accessaries in the package. In DYRL timeline both Deadalus and Prometheus were destroyed by Zentraedi after Hikaru and his crews took off, IIRC.

If only one SDF-1 has to be made, then it must be the DRYL version because of the souped up details, well it's been confirmed.

After Yamato release the regular SDF-1, I am pretty sure the weathering version will follow the path instead of TV SDF-1.

Discussed a possible TV version with Yamato today on the phone and they would like to know whether people would only accept a 100% accurate TV version, or would be willing to accept the existing version, but in TV colors, but with all-new resculpted arms (Daedalus & Prometheus).

If you want a 100% accurate TV version, it would require about a 90% all new sclulpt, which would be very expensive and which Yamato feels may not be profitable.

However, if it is just a new arm sculpt and a color change , Yamato may be more open to this.

What is everybody's feeling?

Responses ASAP please.

Graham

I strongly prefer 100% ACCURATE TV VERSION ,but the mixture of repaint movie body with TV Hands also a good Idea,

because In the new comic "macross the first", the SDF-1 exactly the combination of MOVIE & TV.

So, I think there have 3 different version of SDF-1 that YAMATO can release. :p

I'll buy all of these ! ^_^

Discussed a possible TV version with Yamato today on the phone and they would like to know whether people would only accept a 100% accurate TV version, or would be willing to accept the existing version, but in TV colors, but with all-new resculpted arms (Daedalus & Prometheus).

If you want a 100% accurate TV version, it would require about a 90% all new sclulpt, which would be very expensive and which Yamato feels may not be profitable.

However, if it is just a new arm sculpt and a color change , Yamato may be more open to this.

What is everybody's feeling?

Responses ASAP please.

Graham

Macross the First version SDF-1 please....

Has a color pic of the SDF-1 from Macross the First been printed anywhere yet? I only have the first 3 issues of Macross Ace and I did not see one....a P and D in the same color scheme as the movie version would be nice...assuming that the SDF-1 in Macross the first is not painted to resemble the SFD-1 from the original series...same for the P and D.

BTW, have Yamato release a Macross the First VF-1D also....or perhaps a mail-away head?

Maybe a P, D and VF-1D head "Macross the First pack/giveaway" for the fans?

Edited by jvmacross