Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 Macross

Save

This 1/3000 version seems a lot more reasonable in terms of size, even for people with lots of display room. The 1/2000 version is a bit much and a little too large to stuff into most display cases. I hope this is not a web exclusive item with a high $$ tag.

Is there any word if this is an assembled and painted figure or one of those "do-it-yourself" type of kit?

I was looking for a good sdf-1, but after looking I saw you Avatar pic, thats looks great! can you show me more pics of the city you built?

Discussed a possible TV version with Yamato today on the phone and they would like to know whether people would only accept a 100% accurate TV version, or would be willing to accept the existing version, but in TV colors, but with all-new resculpted arms (Daedalus & Prometheus).

If you want a 100% accurate TV version, it would require about a 90% all new sclulpt, which would be very expensive and which Yamato feels may not be profitable.

However, if it is just a new arm sculpt and a color change , Yamato may be more open to this.

What is everybody's feeling?

Responses ASAP please.

Graham

Discussed a possible TV version with Yamato today on the phone and they would like to know whether people would only accept a 100% accurate TV version, or would be willing to accept the existing version, but in TV colors, but with all-new resculpted arms (Daedalus & Prometheus).

If you want a 100% accurate TV version, it would require about a 90% all new sclulpt, which would be very expensive and which Yamato feels may not be profitable.

However, if it is just a new arm sculpt and a color change , Yamato may be more open to this.

Responses ASAP please.

Graham

Frankly speaking, in my own impression the difference between the TV and DYRL versions are the color and the arms. I am not aware of other differences.

(and I call myself a Macross fan. Shame on me!)

WEll, i would love an all new sculpt, can't be any more expensive than the dyrl? right? They'd make the 1/$2000 TV SDF-1 all over again and come to where we are today.

ff95gj there is a huge difference.

I'm a big softy for the TV version... 1st 2nd episode..... memories.

Man, that bridge is really bothering me.. seriously WTF, why would they even choose to do a close up on it looking like that. Ill cross my fingers that just a prototype or something.

Otherwise...

A large TV version SDF-1 is my grail macross toy, hope we see one. The difference between TV vs movie versions are big, a repaint and just slapping the D and P on the arms aint gonna cut it.

TV

macross-cruiser.png

Movie

macross-dyrl-cruiser.gif

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Before Macrossworld these two were same to me!!

After Macrossworld... never be the same again!!

FUUUUUU

:lol:

Honestly, I prefer DYRL better, TV colors were always too 70's to me.

So, in case of extra money available after buying DYRL Ver. a simple color change and new arms are more than O.K.!

Edited by charger69

Thanks ruskiiVFaussie!

I would love an accurate TV version, but I believe I can live with a repainted TV color and the arms.

Honestly, my childhood memory is about the TV version, not the DYRL version. If they release at the same time, I would skip the DYRL version and get the TV version within a heartbeat.

i was going to say yes, but after looking at those pics again...

that's gotta be hard for those who only have money for one SDF-1... have an accurate DYRL version or have the (supposed) cooler and more nostalgic TV ver. but not be anime accurate...

you'll be spending 500 bucks for the thing and 500 every session with your shrink trying to convince yourself that it's okay that it's not accurate... :p

Edited by m0n5t3r

Responses ASAP please.

Graham

Good to know Yamato considering the TV version.

I think it is good enough to have different color and new sculpted arms.

And can Yamato offer us a discount if we own a movie version already? :lol:

Thanks ruskiiVFaussie!

I would love an accurate TV version, but I believe I can live with a repainted TV color and the arms.

Honestly, my childhood memory is about the TV version, not the DYRL version. If they release at the same time, I would skip the DYRL version and get the TV version within a heartbeat.

I feel dirty, just a colour change.. is a dirty dirty dirty lie. I'm not in.

I've waited this long, i won't be spending 300 on a lieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Responses ASAP please.

Graham

That doesn't sound like something that Yamato will do based on what they have done being anime accurate. The TV and DYRL SDF-1 are completely different in sculpts so I will say do it right or drop the idea. I'm glad that they have chosen the DYRL version because my love fell for DYRL mecha.

It'd look sh^t, but go ahead. :p If Yamato don't do it, bandai might. Still getting the 1/3000 DYRL? SDF-1 coz it's perfect.

Yeah, probably Bandai will salvage the old takatoku moulds again.

I wouldn't be prepared to take a second bite if the only differences were the arms and coloring. Unless it was severely marked down for clearance, maybe.

Even the bridge section not splitting would seem 'wrong' to me. :unsure:

Props to Yamato for inquiring tho. :)

Yeah, I'm just too anal to accept just a repaint. They are too different to pull that off effectively. They could do that then offer a v2 to suck some people in again like the YF-19?! I would not bite if they just did the re-paint with D & P. I do love the DRYL so much better anyways!

Edited by wm cheng

How does the Macross: The First SDF-1 by Mikimoto look like?

I can imagine Yamato could repackage the 1 3000 Fortress with

TV style arms and paint job and get away with it.

I'd like the original SDF-1, please.

Here's a picture of someone's 1/5000 WHAM DYRL fortress in

SDF TV style.

post-212-12894014319_thumb.jpg

Accurate TV version only please. An altered DYRL version wouldn't be something I would buy. The main reason I prefer the TV version is because of how it looks in cruiser mode with everything fitting together snugly and flush. The DYRL version looks like a big robot laying down to me.

So as it stands for me:

Current DYRL version: will not buy

Altered DYRL version: would not buy

Accurate TV version: would definitely buy

Accurate TV version only please. An altered DYRL version wouldn't be something I would buy. The main reason I prefer the TV version is because of how it looks in cruiser mode with everything fitting together snugly and flush. The DYRL version looks like a big robot laying down to me.

So as it stands for me:

I have to agree, I have the current one on order regardless as I want an SDF-1, but I would definitely prefer to own a 100% TV accurate version if they did one.

So as it stands for me:

That's a third vote from me. I felt the same way about the DYRL version, looks like a robot laying down with the arms sticking out the sides.