Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 Macross

Save

AMI AMI has it listed for $312.02 and HLJ has it now on pre-order for a little more but you get 5% off if you order by Oct 18, I got goosebumps finaly a Yamato SDF-1 what to do what to do? Should I order form Ami Ami or HLJ?

Ami Ami pre-order

HLJ Pre-order

Well AmiAmi and HobbySearch price are 10% to 15% cheaper. HLJ shipping box are custom made with their name on it, with air-bags padding, while others use papers or foam-peanuts.

Plus I saw this too, turns out it was also available on their site but did not show it until the 1/3000 became available and cheaper.

1/2000 SDF-1 Macross

It was posted around 2 months ago, you just missed it.

It only shows 22% on the Japanese site because they have a suggested retail price of 34,440 listed, but still selling for 26,790.

On the English site, they have the suggested retail price of 32,800.

Regardless, either way, everyone is still paying 26,790 whether it is 22% off 34,400 or 17% (which is not right, it's over 18% off if you do the math) off 32,800.

Yeah. i was too excited and missed the Japanese Tax from Japanese site.

Their before-discount price included Japanese sales tax which made the discount percentage bigger. English site before-discount price didn't include tax, but their after-discount price is same (includes their sales tax).

So it's 22% off on Japanese site, but 17% off on English site.

Regardless their sale price is by far the lowest.

Well AmiAmi and HobbySearch price are 10% to 15% cheaper. HLJ shipping box are custom made with their name on it, with air-bags padding, while others use papers or foam-peanuts.

It was posted around 2 months ago, you just missed it.

Yeah that's why I pre-ordered with Ami-Ami and not HLJ, I'm going for the $312 price. Plus also pre-ordered Macross Frontier The False Songstress movie from them too.

You guys are crazy I tell ya.

cracked shoulder in 3 months.

"50% off hlj sale to clear space for the new fixed versions"

The robotech "scary zentradi music" plays in my mind everytime I think about this thought. :D

Ha ha ha ha ha. That's sarcasim for ya

• 2 weeks later...

Thats what I want to know too! But with the suffix: "at a good price"

Pre-order runs alittle under SG$500, only thing preventing me from ordering online is the tax on imported goods for value above SG$400. The tax sum is inclusive of the shipping charge too(wtf?).

Thats what I want to know too! But with the suffix: "at a good price"

yup, that was what i was implying when i said other than TFH. i've bought from them before, but lately i've noticed that their pre-order items end up being more expensive when the same items become available at retail, the VB-6 being the most recent example.

Pre-order runs alittle under SG$500, only thing preventing me from ordering online is the tax on imported goods for value above SG$400. The tax sum is inclusive of the shipping charge too(wtf?).

same consideration for me, hence the hunt for a local pre-order. so where is this sub$500 pre-order in singapore? or where you pertaining to online prices?

yup, that was what i was implying when i said other than TFH. i've bought from them before, but lately i've noticed that their pre-order items end up being more expensive when the same items become available at retail, the VB-6 being the most recent example.

same consideration for me, hence the hunt for a local pre-order. so where is this sub$500 pre-order in singapore? or where you pertaining to online prices?

I pre-ordered from TFH even though i know it would be cheaper to get it from CSC because of their services and my trust in their conduct.

After my recent encounter over the HK version of TakaraTomy MP-04S...I wont be taking chances with such expensive purchase.

The boss still got the cheek to claim it is the Jap release version because the outter box have the takaraTomy logo on it when his sources is Hasbro.

if not for the missing bio card i don't even know that all these while all the "jap" product i get from him is from HK.

I am not trying to imply that this will be the case for this but do check with them their sources.

It's OK if you think otherwise.

Man, that bridge is really bothering me.. seriously WTF, why would they even choose to do a close up on it looking like that. Ill cross my fingers that just a prototype or something.

Otherwise...

A large TV version SDF-1 is my grail macross toy, hope we see one. The difference between TV vs movie versions are big, a repaint and just slapping the D and P on the arms aint gonna cut it.

TV

macross-cruiser.png

Movie

macross-dyrl-cruiser.gif

Edited by Mechinyun

WOW!

I knew the designs of the SDF-1 TV and DYRL versions were different, but I never really noticed just HOW MUCH different they are!

It's really night and day.

Thanks for pointing this out to us!

As for Yamato making a TV version, I think it's long overdue. DYRL gets most of the Macross love from Yammie. A TV SDF-1 would rock my world.

Man, that bridge is really bothering me.. seriously WTF, why would they even choose to do a close up on it looking like that. Ill cross my fingers that just a prototype or something.

Otherwise...

A large TV version SDF-1 is my grail macross toy, hope we see one. The difference between TV vs movie versions are big, a repaint and just slapping the D and P on the arms aint gonna cut it.

TV

macross-cruiser.png

Movie

macross-dyrl-cruiser.gif

Hey maybe if the DYRL version does well enough they might do a TV version. I kind of lean to the DYRL verion. The DYRL has the cool detail and the TV has the nostalgia .... and the cool arms....... God help me I want both.^_^

Edited by logos

I've been hearing very interesting rumors about this toy... but most the rumors can go either way so I won't start spilling dirt. :) I do have one on preorder though and am hoping to do a quicker review of this toy than I do most.

I've been hearing very interesting rumors about this toy... but most the rumors can go either way so I won't start spilling dirt. :) I do have one on preorder though and am hoping to do a quicker review of this toy than I do most.

DUDE!!! PM me with the dirt!! I wanna know!!! LOL! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed on HLJ that the Yen price just went up to $403 USD, going to Ami Ami to check if their price is still the same when I preordered it. Got to start saving up. Of course after I get paid, just spent $444. on getting parts for my car that would normally cost less, this is what I get for chosing a phased out brand when the parts are now becoming scarace and GM keeps changing vendors.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

I've been hearing very interesting rumors about this toy... but most the rumors can go either way so I won't start spilling dirt. I do have one on preorder though and am hoping to do a quicker review of this toy than I do most.

I want to hear them too!

I never realized the difference between the TV and MOVIE version. Thanks for posting. Any compare pictures in transformation form?

Okay just checked Ami Ami and theirs only went up to 328.11. I just hope the price that I preordered my SDF-1 stayed the same by the time it is released.

With the Yen sharply gaining on the US Dollar and Euro, the end price for many outside of Japan just keeps going up. I'm not worried about them raising the price so much as how much crappier the exchange rate is going to be by the time this thing is released. I really wish they would let you pay now, but they said they can't because they don't know what the price for the shipping will be and their system can't handle paying for the item now and paying for shipping later. :(

Is this final product look? The SDF-1 looks the same as early prototype. I'm expecting more details paintings.

Edited by Javabean

Is this final product look? The SDF-1 looks the same as early prototype. I'm expecting more details paintings.

I am not sure, I don't read Japanese.

This (フィギュア王 no.153 / Figure King Magazine) magazine is just come out.

I guess all info (images) are rather new.

Edited by macrossnake

sadly no close up shots of the bridge. that was one area of concern in the previous prototype pics where the bridge looked gummy/gashapon-like.

overall though, it looks nice, but a bit too clean. hope they would tone down the colors particularly on the ARMDs and the feet. i like that they've made some parts look metallic and how some of the "machinery" peeks through the crevices. the light colored parts though are sorely in need of paint detailing. c'mon yamato, the wave SDF had paint-simulated panels/plating and it was nearly half as small!

No, I think this is the same prototype as seen in Yamato website.

sadly no close up shots of the bridge. that was one area of concern in the previous prototype pics where the bridge looked gummy/gashapon-like.

overall though, it looks nice, but a bit too clean. hope they would tone down the colors particularly on the ARMDs and the feet. i like that they've made some parts look metallic and how some of the "machinery" peeks through the crevices. the light colored parts though are sorely in need of paint detailing. c'mon yamato, the wave SDF had paint-simulated panels/plating and it was nearly half as small!

I guess there isn't much difference going to be made on the bridge judging from past Yamato's release.

10127548a7.jpg