Transformers PRIME

Partly due to M. Bay. When it should be called "Sam Witwickey" and not Transformers.

If you watch the first two movies, the Transformers are harley in the film. As a Transformers fan, I'd like to see a series that focuses on the Transformers. I don't give a crap about Sam crying about this or that. Or the dumb @ss M. Bay jokes. Just give me the Transformers.

The humans have become the "Snarf"* of Transformers. The annoying, not funny comic relief.

If you're going to have humans, they should have some major significance to the storyline other than "it takes place on Earth" or for comic relief.

*I was referring to the Snarf of the OLD SCHOOL Thundercats. The new version of Thundercats is awesome, and Snarf is acceptable in that show.

You're in the wrong thread.

The only human on the show I hate is Miko. But my hatred for her is so huge, it's as if I hated the entire human cast.

I hear this often, too. But I want to know WHY?

I don't know about you guys, but I actually love the kids in the show. They are not annoying by any sense, and really kind of seem to remind me of the human characters of G1, and their interaction with the bots. Also, obviously beyond that, I don't feel like they are stealing any time or anything away from the bots themselves, but really, adding more to the depth of the show at hand.

I agree. I think it adds depth and a relatability to the show. Especially when you bring in the parental relationships as well. They're not heroes, they are just kids. And they behave like believable kids, as far as I can tell.

I don't hate the show, but besides the human kids, my main gripe is the faces of the transformers themselves. The lack of nose, and any facial detail at all really kills it for me.

I don't hate the show, but besides the human kids, my main gripe is the faces of the transformers themselves. The lack of nose, and any facial detail at all really kills it for me.

But why do you not like the kids? Are they just simply annoying?

This is starting to sound like the most intense case of inexplicable fan-hate ever..

The new faces are kind of cool imho. I like their bayesque, but somehow not, look. Also, TF: Prime, beyond all the reasons I stated before, doesn't seem to be an inexplicably "kids" oriented show. For example, characters die, and some of the undertones are actually really dark. Lastly, have you guys noticed how the autobots fight the decepticons? Its pretty intense in my opinion, with arms and even HEADS flying left and right. Furthermore, that scene where bulkhead pulls out the wiring of one of the decepticon grunts was fairly intense as well.

I'm not a follower of HUB. Is it a kids station, or more adult?

I hear this often, too. But I want to know WHY?

I hate that she is reckless and impetuous, often resulting in somebody -including herself- being placed in mortal danger. She's hindered Bulkhead time and time again by putting him in a position where he has to fight with a handicap; the handicap of having to fight enemies while assuring that no harm comes to her...and while all this is happening, she's pulling a Scrappy Doo and kicking Decepticons in the ankles and other such futile (or detrimental) actions. Then, when the harm she's caused comes to light, she expresses deep regret, squirts some crocodile tears, and promises to mend her ways...only to do it again within one or two episodes!

She's constantly running through the ground bridge just before it closes, despite being told to stay at the base. She does this so often, in fact, that other characters on the show predict her disobedience, yet do nothing to stop her. From a writer's standpoint, Miko is great. She creates suspense by adding more challenges and obstacles to the existing hardships the Autobots face. She's got "attitude", so Jack, Raph, and Agent Fowler are free to stick to their own prototypical roles. But when all is said and done, she is just a bad person...selfish, annoying, arrogant, and brash.

That's why I hate Miko. :)

Their other big new show is My Little Pony. :) (of course, that seems to have more adult fans than kids...)

oh hi.

:edit:

This is totally off topic but I really wished Hasbro would throw adult FiM fans the same kinds of bones Transformers fans get. I know the vocal internet fanbase is really just a small minority in the grand scheme of things but you'd think that if Masterpiece toys and movie color Unicron reissue are profitable ventures, so would making show accurate pony toys. I'm just saying.

Edited by anime52k8

Let me rephrase how I dislike the kids.

Jack, I don't have a problem with. The autobots do what they can to keep him in line, and Arcee puts him in his place more than once. When the school bully picks on him, he reacts like a normal teenage boy with an alien motorcycle would, and tries to show off, but Arcee shuts him down. When the bully starts downing Arcee, well, then it is personal.

Raph is so stereotypical, it's painful. All he needs is a wheelchair to be the annoying kid from G1.

Miko, is so wild she is predictable. If she is in a scene, pause it, then try to imagine what she could do to make the autobots have a harder time. Unpause it. Congratulations, you are psychic.

OK, I see what people are saying about the kids now. I personally don't agree, I think they're handled really well, but it's nice to see that there is some reasoning behind the rage.

OK, I just watched the season finale. Good stuff.

Some people will groan at the way Unicron was defeated, but the real plot twist comes right at the end. This show is going to take us into uncharted territory for TFs when its second season starts!

I haven't seen Prime, but I can say that I have never liked any squishie characters in any TF incarnation. It's call Transformers not Squishies. The fact that the squishies are kids makes it ever so much worse because what does it say about the Autobots when they allow kids to be in mortal danger? At least G1 squishies were adults (Sam was a construction worker, etc).

oh hi.

:edit:

This is totally off topic but I really wished Hasbro would throw adult FiM fans the same kinds of bones Transformers fans get. I know the vocal internet fanbase is really just a small minority in the grand scheme of things but you'd think that if Masterpiece toys and movie color Unicron reissue are profitable ventures, so would making show accurate pony toys. I'm just saying.

They throw massives bones, and frequently. Just not merchandise-wise. But in many other ways.

Apparently it aired in Singapore and someone upped it onto Youtube. It's not on in Japan yet (even though the studio Polygon Pictures is here in Tokyo), and I'm not gonna wait for that because it will likely be butchered to hell.

Rumours of a movie in the works, though.

Edited by Renato

Well, "One Shall Sand" really showed how much a scheming son of a bitch ol' Megs is.

It's also a good thing that Prime entrusted Jack with a certain relic, because he knew just what might happen to him after killing Unicron, because he didn't want the 'Cons to have it.

Here's hoping the Key to Vecor Sigma will be able to give Orion Pax his memories back, and turn him back into Optimus Prime

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey, has anyone played the Transformers Prime video game? On a whim, I picked up the 3DS version. Of course, it's no Fall of Cybertron, but from what I played of the first level it's not bad at all. It's an original story (as far as I can tell, I haven't seen season 2 yet) that starts off pretty generically, but by the end of the first mission was starting to get interesting. There's a number of FMV scenes, and all of the voice actors from the show appear to be on board, and that really helps make the game feel like an episode of show. Graphics are... not the best I've seen on the 3DS, but they're passable. Gameplay is pretty simple. L locks on to an enemy. You can use the d-pad to switch which enemy you're locked on, or to move the camera when you're not locked onto anything. R is guard, B is jump, A is melee, Y is ranged weapon, and X is transform. Movement in both modes is done with the d-pad. The combat is more beat-'em-up than shooter.