VF-1S Hikaru Weathering with Fast Packs

nishifumi

Is the Yamato 1/48 special edition Hikaru VF-1S weathing with fast packs something that will be remade or will it sit at 250 copies?

I wonder how valuable something like this would be. Anyone care to take a guess?

Thanks,

-Nish

Edited by nishifumi

I think it will sit at 250 copies. Not many purchased them, and if they did they paid a hefty price for them. It seems though the FP weathered version is more a collectible item since the Weathered FP came with the Hikaru valk set only. A few have sold their weathered Hikarus and kept the FP for their weathered Roy, which for some reason is still available. I've seen a few Weathered Hikaru for sale here and there without the FP. Having the set is rare. Hold onto them like white on rice lol

I think it will sit at 250 copies. Not many purchased them, and if they did they paid a hefty price for them. It seems though the FP weathered version is more a collectible item since the Weathered FP came with the Hikaru valk set only. A few have sold their weathered Hikarus and kept the FP for their weathered Roy, which for some reason is still available. I've seen a few Weathered Hikaru for sale here and there without the FP. Having the set is rare. Hold onto them like white on rice lol

It looked to me that Yamato Japan was selling weathered fast packs only? Maybe I mistook them for 1/48s but they were 1/60s.

-Nish

Just in case, any of you has missed watching the following pictures of my 1/60 scale VF-1S Hikaru custom (Weathering Special Edition) which I have bought at expensive price three weeks ago. I have also pre-ordered the weathered version of super and strike parts which will be released in November.

Yamato_VF-1S_WSV_01.jpg

Yamato_VF-1S_WSV_03.jpg

Yamato_VF-1S_WSV_06.jpg

Yamato_VF-1S_WSV_07.jpg

Yamato_VF-1S_WSV_08.jpg

Yamato_VF-1S_WSV_11.jpg

Yamato_VF-1S_WSV_13.jpg

That weathering really adds a lot of character to an already near perfect toy.

But, in this economy...I think most would rather save 100 big ones and get the non weathered version.

I imagine down the road the weathered ones will be a little more valuable. It's hard to say. But do you really collect these for their monetary value, or their play value? Me, I go with the later. But, that too is preference. Some people like to keep their toys locked in their plastic prisons. :)

I almost purchased a pair but it would have come out to around $600.

I'd get the vf-1j over it but I'd like the fast packs too.

I'd definitely buy the set if it were cheaper. I'm surprised I missed these being offered for sale. =/

-Nish

$600 dollars seems like a lot for toys...but then again, this is an expensive hobby, and I'd rather have a Valkyrie than the cash any day...

Looks like someone took a can of gray spray paint unskillfully waved it around that poor thing.

Just like every other pre-weathered Yamato, I'll pass. Especially for what, double, triple the price?

Leave weathering to the pros.

And if you ain't got the skill, leave it as it will.

Ha ha! You are right! It's so true!

Come to think of it, Isn't that what 70% of Macross toys are? :)

Don't get me wrong I love how certain color schemes look even though they are the exact same figure over and over again, but I think these fairly low quality, and I'll just say it, lame weathering versions are taking it too far especially for the inflated price. Like others said, at home weathering jobs can turn out much better and obviously cost a WHOLE lot less.