Official 1/100 BANDAI Hi-Metal VF-1S Valkyrie with Strike Parts

Actar

Seriously, is that just spill over of the Koenig ad or is there a Monster product coming out?

I'll pic up that magazine today, but I imagine it's just a photo of a Konig test shot. Most test shots just use whatever color plastic the factory has laying around, so often tend to be in weird colors.

Graham

I'll pic up that magazine today, but I imagine it's just a photo of a Konig test shot. Most test shots just use whatever color plastic the factory has laying around, so often tend to be in weird colors.

Graham

Drat. Had my hopes up! :lol:

Edited by ae_productions

I never thought I'd end up getting these smaller 1/100 toys, but they are good enough to buy even if you already own larger vf-1 stuff just so you can put them next to a monster.

When the vb6 monster comes out, these will look awesome together.

As for the vf-19, it's a shame that thing can't store the gunpod in fighter mode. Weak bandai. Just like the big chunk of missing plastic at the back of the vf-19 chunky monkey. :p Save your money for dx vf-27 instead and just wait for yamato to release their 1/60 vf-19.

I was almost going to get a vf1j hi metal (i caved and bought a cheap revoltech perfect TF vf1 first) but decided to hold off and see what the FP releases would be like. I'm interested to find out how the whole thing holds together with the extra weight on the back.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Good point. Unless it's molded plastic and not paint.

I think it's paint, I try to run over my finger nail over the red area and it certainly is just part of the nose cone mold. But the hip bar connector itself is plastic, and you can bend it slightly when snapping it to the nose cone area, reducing friction between the connector and the red area.

About the decals, go to samueldecal.com for a good selection of Gundam decals in 1/144 scale. The 1/100 scale decals for master grade Gundams are too big for my taste, the 1/144 albeit very small fits nicely on my Hi-Metal VF-1 (I use generic Nu-Gundam era 1/144 decals). They shipped internationally and the price is very reasonable (actually quite cheap). There's a lot of signs, cautions, numbers and everything in between, but it's up to you to mix and match.

I'll probably bee buying this whole line, I only have two i/60's, the TV VF-1S and the VF-1D(for obvious reasons), I really prefer these guys to the yamato 1/60's, I was really blown away by my Hi-Metal VF-1J, I found it to be more pleasing to the eye and an overall better sculpt.

Hi Everyone. It has been along while since i have posted anything on MacrossWorld. I must say, I bought the new Bandai Hi metal Hikaru, which I assume is 1/100. I truly love this little bugger. Every mode is gorgeous in everyway, and the extra wings with missile pods are just great, BTW, but.... yes a big but... I wish it had more "metal" content like the name implies lol. Also I wish it didn't cost nearly 80 bucks(USD). I wish it was a bit sturdier too. . I have all the old 1/60 which I cant bring my self to let go. I have almost entirely the whole 1/48 line, and the 1D, 1J Hikie, 1A TV max on 1/60. Clearly for the money, I just need a TV Kakizaki and TV Roy to finish my 1/60 collection (to match Macross0 and Plus)( I have no Macross Frontier valks. I wish i did)

Ive been tempted to get the Macroos 7 hi metals too, but the cost is severe IMO :(

If this things were like 40 bucks I would get them all

Edited by vlenhoff

. Also I wish it didn't cost nearly 80 bucks(USD).

Where do you live? I got mine shipped from amiami, taxed and paid the administration guy (I bought it via private importer) for US$55. Off course I preordered it, but I think the price is still the same. I got my Hi-Metal VF 19S for US$ 75, all in. Perhaps living in south east Asia helps, being closer to Japan. But for US$80... The shipping cost alone would have been almost half the toy price.

Yeah, the cost of the toy itself isn't too bad, it's just the shipping that usually kills. My 19S from amiami was just over $80 shipped :wacko: granted I used ems shipping but their registered sal wasn't available for it.

Chris

I got my VF-1J Hikaru from Amiami as well and asked for the unregistered SAL shipping for it which costed me something like 1500yens (but it also included shipping of an EnergerZ SOC figure so the VF1J alone should be cheaper). Btw how much bigger is the VF-19S's box compared the VF-1J's?

6500 yens really isn't bad at all for the VF-1S and the parts apparently come with super or strike types. The shape of the head lasers on the pictures do seem a little off to me but these might just be the soft vinyl ones which looked a bit goofy on the 1J too.

Where do you live?

Houston, TX

75.00 shipped is nearly 80.00, right? Same as you. For 20.00 extra, you can have a full armored 1/60 on sale. That's my "issue" with this little bugger. Now, it is sturdy in fighter mode thank God, just the wings feel not as firm as I would wish they did. Great toy, no doubt about that. I love the tiny Hikaru figure inside. I didnt expect that. Can anyone post pics of the 19s. Basara's and the other one? Pleeeeeeease...

BTW, if I was a kid watching Macross, and I had this toy back then, my head would have exploded. It truly captures Macross at its fullest. I recommend getting at least one :)

Edited by vlenhoff

My first impression is the VF-1S with strike parts on look pretty much like the old 1/100 scale trasnformable Imai/Bandai kits with bulky strke parts.

vf1s_02.jpg

The backpack don't have any locking system so the fastpacks will angle in funny way when extra weight are attached to it. Also the backpack must has the capability to fold up and parallel with the body so that the fastpack will look right in fighter/gerwalk mode. I guess the fastpack version on these Hi-Metal fails unless Bandai is gonna do more improvement on it.

Unless Bandai is going to redo it, or it's pretty much done.

I don't see no arm armors on any of these and some even have a 1J head with 1S paint so I guess these are still working versions

Unfortunately it doesn't look too good so far, but I'm still quite confident Bandai won't ruin Roy's valkyrie.

Exactly, people are already bitching, let alone about a piece you can't even see.

no, I think we're all bitching about parts we CAN see, namely that the head looks like a bowel movement and the fast packs angle out in every awkward way possible.

seriously, it's not just that the backpack is tilting back, the fast packs are crooked in every direction. That's a fundamental problem with how the fast packs attach to the backpack.

no, I think we're all bitching about parts we CAN see, namely that the head looks like a bowel movement and the fast packs angle out in every awkward way possible.

seriously, it's not just that the backpack is tilting back, the fast packs are crooked in every direction. That's a fundamental problem with how the fast packs attach to the backpack.

Well since all the pics show this guy without arm armor, it's pretty obvious these are still prototypes. That aside, I really don't think it looks that bad, yea they angle out a bit but I don't think it's anywhere near enough to complain over, but that's just me, and I'm also not one who has nerdgasms over tiny little miniscule details unlike most on this site. I don't even comprehend the complaints over the head, it looks like a VF-1S head.

The head is looking pretty wide in my opinion and I agree with others on the fastpack attachment. I'm hoping it is a resin proto and they're just heavy. But even if they're not, these are small parts and hollowing them out would seem to me a difficult task. So I'm not sure they'd be that much lighter in the final version. But who knows - we'll just have to wait and see.

What I do really like is how well that head "hides" in fighter mode - that's the best VF-1S head I've seen yet in fighter mode!