Banpresto 20th anniversary

osotech

post-13256-127957108303_thumb.jpg

Hi,

just got my hand on a MISB

Banpresto 20th anniversary Perfect transformation Super Valkyrie VF-1S/J/A

I was wondering what is it's value (resell)

And for all info on that toy

Even if somebody have offer...

I'am new in here so if i dont post that at the right place; really sorry

thx

hehe the banpresto fighter mode look still beats the revoltech perfect transformation pocket valk imo (despite having a much cheapier quality to it and less details)

everyone hates those, (fiddly tp handle) but (assuming you can stiffen joints up) they have some cool posability.

The fun in these cheap guys is customising practice. :D You can buy a whole bunch of them, set them in some cool poses, and have a scene from the beginning of the tv show with some hiding behind buildings, other crouched down behind cover, some of them with the 'classic pose' (vf-1j with gunpod pointed up) or just recreate a shot-down VF (limbs detached hehe )

The one thing that really suprises me is how the Revoltech PT pocket valk didn't use a telescoping gunpod like the little banpresto. WTF?? How hard could that have been? Beaten by a banpresto crane toy FFS.. lol

Althoug nobody cares:

banpresto still beats the revoltech in its wings. They actually don't pop off. Shame on you revoltech.

I would love to see a pocket VF-0 done. I'm being serious. I like the little guys. Yamato? You going to challenge toynami, kaiyodo and banpresto to the pocket valk market instead of doing stupid GNU stuff which nobody is going to be interested in because they can't transform?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Yamato tried to go down that alley with the VF-0 and we ripped them to shreds, remember? That's why they went back to the drawing board and came back with the 1/60 instead.

As for the Banprestos, I like them too. The head swap thing was cool, the other companies get really stingy when they could all just follow Banpresto's lead and include different head types. Especially now that the new Yamato 1/60 heads are designed to pop off anyway.

Anyway, I broke my Max Banpresto a couple of years back, I'm sad to say. If you look at the hinges used to fold the chestplate over to meet the backplate during transformation, those things actually halve in diameter. I didn't realize how thin those were at the ends until they actually snapped. As bad rep as these things have, I played the hell out of that toy, and so it was only a matter of time, sadly.

My opinion? They're good, cheap toys. Poseable, fun and kid-friendly. Expect few people here to agree, though, most think they're utter pieces of crap. Either way, I would imagine there would be little re-sale value.

I would love to see a pocket VF-0 done. I'm being serious. I like the little guys. Yamato? You going to challenge toynami, kaiyodo and banpresto to the pocket valk market instead of doing stupid GNU stuff which nobody is going to be interested in because they can't transform?

Actually, I only bought them exactly because they CAN'T transform. Look at GNU YF21/Yf19 battroids and their 1/60s transforming counterparts and you can see that a battroid lover has a really easy choice to make.

As for the banprestos, I've seen some on ebay going from 36 to 46 $ (still up for purchase). But, honestly, they are noth worth more than 5$.

Renato: The transforming revoltech looks much more durable. Despite getting a few simple bits wrong (no telescoping gunpod, wings that pop off too easily) these are the toy people should go for if you were a fan of the banpresto.

nexx:

Yeah I know GNU appeal to battroid fans, but I think a vf-0s and vf-0a and vf-0d in mini form that can also transform should be done/reattempted. The vf0 they had in mind so many swapping parts is not quite the same as a perfect transformation toy.

Yamato should go for a mini PT toy with super posable look to it and study the banpresto, toynami and transforming revoltech as a guide. The vf-0 is like a simplified vf-1 but with more curves. Shouldn't be too hard since they share the same transformation. (with the vf-0 in the anime even having the swing bar and everything lol)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I just saw that Banpresto in Akiba last weekend. It was going for about 600 yen.

It didn't look the greatest, but you cant really beat a 600 yen transformable valk with fastpacks :)

Would love to see some pics of it out of the box. I've thought about picking one myself for some cheap custom fun.

• 2 years later...

Well, I’m using this topic of Banpresto VF-1 20th anniversary, to ask a question and see if someone can post close-up pictures of the Banpresto Roy Strike Valkyrie if they have him out of box.

I got 2 Super Valkyrie a brown color and a Roy color and are totally VT versions.

Now what I want to know or see is if the Roy Strike Valkyrie has the (NP-AR-01) arms missile armouring blocks (TV) style or (DYRL) version.

And the 1S head has the painted arrow black like (TV) version or yellow like the (DYRL) style.

post-15310-0-32644800-1352593167_thumb.jpg

I remember Graham once posted a picture of his Banpresto valkyrie with cigarette burns on it. That was a great pic summing up how much everyone hates this line :D

Edited by Ivan

I remember Graham once posted a picture of his Banpresto valkyrie with cigarette burns on it. That was a great pic summing up how much everyone hates this line :D

There are always going to be people that are going to hate or bitch about anything, but I wouldn’t say everyone. For those collectors that love any good transforming valkyrie and understand the difference between something for under $40 and something around $300, will be pleased with this type of figures. Unless there is someone who is able to make a very small transforming valkyrie as same or better than a full 1/60 Yamato for under a price of $ 40 than they can just keep dreaming and hating, till that day comes.

• 3 years later...