I had ordered the Tamashii Exclusive Dunbine 'Wing Calibur' FOW, but the eBay seller sent me the wrong thing - which I got to keep + a full refund (so all was forgiven). But I have not had the funds to get it yet.

But after seeing these pics I certainly will. I'm impressed with all the details they managed.

post-8486-0-68413100-1401968159_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-98907900-1401968169_thumb.jpg

The pilots need painted for sure - but they included the floor hatch in the cockpit to get to the mini one-man glider just like in the show . . .

post-8486-0-66927800-1401968151_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-82838600-1401968254_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-23652300-1401968277_thumb.jpg

Extra passenger seat folds up and out of the way . . .

post-8486-0-83283700-1401968366_thumb.jpg

Cockpit details . . .

post-8486-0-18085500-1401968384_thumb.jpg

Looks like the pilot figure had a hard time fitting in the Dunbine so they included an alternate chest cover to accommodate him . . .

post-8486-0-34376500-1401968435_thumb.jpg

The integration with Dunbine seems well thought out and nicely done . . .

post-8486-0-69568600-1401968494_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-68476900-1401968512_thumb.jpg

Comes with a sweet diorama base to display everything too.

Will be placing my order asap . . .

post-8486-0-83844200-1401968575_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Was it tweaked to make Wave Rider mode more appealing? It's lankier proportions does make it look quite odd.

Doubt it.

As somebody over at TFW commented, this RD Zeta is close to the MG 2.0 design.

Just the shoulder-area is a bit too exaggerated and some other stuff.

post-263-0-32805200-1403242491_thumb.jpg

Bandai America Inc. appreciates your efforts to contact us.

As it turns out, we do not distribute this product in North America and it would have been imported.

You may want to revisit the place of purchase or try import specialty shops or toy collectibles type stores for product assistance.

Apologies,

Bandai Customer Service

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That was what the Super Robit Chogokin was supposed to be...

SRC was supposed to be a smaller, cheaper alternative to SOC. there selling this as an upgrade to RD, but it sounds more like a smaller, cheaper alternative to Metal Build.

So I bit the bullet after looking at reviews and photos and got my first couple of RDs. They are all Wing because despite Zeta being the best series IMO, as an American Wing will always hold the top spot. Plus Bandai knowing this they've released tons of suits of enemies so I can create epic battles and scenes. But for now here are mine with Wing and the Sandrock/Heavyarms option packs coming by Friday. Sucks I have to buy two SR/HA especially considering the escalating price of HA but I also did just throw a lot down for Shenlong and Deathscythe.

post-2350-0-88534000-1408645417_thumb.jpg

post-2350-0-16753100-1408645441_thumb.jpg

Edited by kanedaestes

If anyone ever wants to split the HA/SR options pack, I'd up for it. I just want Sandrock's parts. (not a big enough fan of Heavyarms to buy it solely to justify buying the 2-pack of option parts).

Really, that still strikes me as about the biggest money grab Bandai's done in a while---Sandrock's differences are VERY minor, and it only was the "space" version for what, 3 eps? But that's the version they made, then made a hard-to-get very overpriced option set the only way to get the MAIN STANDARD COMMON version. Annoyed me enough to pretty much cut back on most all my other RD purchases. I was planning on getting just about any and all "Wing" mecha----but cut back to basically SR/Epyon/Tallgeese. Way too many variants/option packs that SHOULD BE STANDARD/INCLUDED. Plus they seem overpriced IMHO. (compare a Bandai valk to a Bandai RD Wing figure, for what you get) I'm surprised they actually included a "lit" saber for Epyon, and didn't sell it separately...

Really, you have to buy the option pack for Leo just to get some of its standard weapons and an articulated head? That's just ridiculous.

::end rant::

I know and it hurts and sucks but after having these in hand I'm happy. Because of the articulation which I can't get with models, I have to now get the suits. Besides considering the lack of space in my current place they are great sizes as opposed to the MGs which I ran out of room to display. The worse offender is the RD 00 Gundam. Both the riser and GN-3 sword are two separate items to buy to complete it. That pisses me off more than the option parts. At least I get a decent deal with those for HA/SR, somewhat. Also since they mainly focused on the suits in the latter half of the show it makes sense they did that. Now why make Shenlong and Deathscythe exclusives is beyond me. Those would be obvious huge sellers. But who am I to talk. They suckered me good and I'm happy to have great versions of these suits finally. The fact Shenlong can hold a great pose with the arm extended without sagging blows my mind.

If anyone ever wants to split the HA/SR options pack, I'd up for it. I just want Sandrock's parts. (not a big enough fan of Heavyarms to buy it solely to justify buying the 2-pack of option parts).

Really, that still strikes me as about the biggest money grab Bandai's done in a while---Sandrock's differences are VERY minor, and it only was the "space" version for what, 3 eps? But that's the version they made, then made a hard-to-get very overpriced option set the only way to get the MAIN STANDARD COMMON version. Annoyed me enough to pretty much cut back on most all my other RD purchases. I was planning on getting just about any and all "Wing" mecha----but cut back to basically SR/Epyon/Tallgeese. Way too many variants/option packs that SHOULD BE STANDARD/INCLUDED. Plus they seem overpriced IMHO. (compare a Bandai valk to a Bandai RD Wing figure, for what you get) I'm surprised they actually included a "lit" saber for Epyon, and didn't sell it separately...

Really, you have to buy the option pack for Leo just to get some of its standard weapons and an articulated head? That's just ridiculous.

the basic figures come in their Kai configuration, and the option parts are all for making them look like their early season configurations, right?

you know what makes the option pack worth it? buying multiple the option pack gives you just the right amount of stuff to kit out 3 leo's really well. (I need to get a third green leo btw, I've got the one regular and one flight type. the flight type is awesome).