1/60 GBP armor sold seperately?

bandit29

In one of the other threads on these boards, it was pretty much decided that the 1/60 Yamato GBP uses "false" shoulders that slip over the valk's actual shoulders for whatever reason (presumably because they couldn't find a good way to attach the shoulder missle pods). If this is the case, everyone who is thinking they will be able to put the armor on any of their 1/60 valks, might be a little dissapointed as the "false" shoulder pieces are solid white. This means it will only look right on the 1J's and the CF-1A. All the other valks have that black portion on their shoulders which would magically disappear with the armor on. Of course, it's still like 5+ months away from being released so maybe they'll change that part of the design (IMHO, it makes the shoulders look too big anyways). Just my 2 cents.

Good news to hear that the 1/60 GBP will be sold separately as well.

Woo hoo!

:)

On another note, if you go to the release section of that Macross Zero site you can catch a glimpse of the GBP on the cover of the third installment of the Macross Zero DVD's...in case anyone is interested.

Cool! I was totally gonna pass on the 1/60 GBP because my 1/60s have been getting less and less love from me and I didn't want another 1/60 1J ("all my love are belong to 1/48"). I may just pick up a set of armor now.

Â¥4095= $37.53

Â¥10,980= $100.64

I wonder if Yamato had planned this from the start or if they've been listening to Graham. ;)

wouldn't the GBP armor be made only to fit that valk that's coming out? Or can it fit onto other valks. It would make sense if they made them fit onto other valks.

I imagine at the very least, it'll be compatible with FP capable Valks. Hopefully it'll go with anything. There wouldn't be much point in releasing it separately if it was only usable with the Valk it was bundled with.

Now if they get the 1/48 GBP armor on the market.

Now, we're talkin'! :D

Edited by Draykov

This is great news... plus, it means Yamato understands a fundamental marketing strategy for the 1/60 GBP - given the option to buy just the armor, alot more folks will buy it. Some will even buy more than one.

Good job, Yamato! Now start working on one in 1/48! :D

This is great news... plus, it means Yamato understands a fundamental marketing strategy for the 1/60 GBP - given the option to buy just the armor, alot more folks will buy it. Some will even buy more than one.

Good job, Yamato! Now start working on one in 1/48! :D

Amen, amen! 100% exactly my thoughts on the subject. :)

This is great news... plus, it means Yamato understands a fundamental marketing strategy for the 1/60 GBP - given the option to buy just the armor, alot more folks will buy it.  Some will even buy more than one.

Good job, Yamato!  Now start working on one in 1/48!  :D

Amen, amen! 100% exactly my thoughts on the subject. :)

No doubt. Plus, if they use a different attachment process, like a snap-around and slip-on pieces rather than the fasten-to type, you can GBP any VF all the way back to the TRU.

This means it will only look right on the 1J's and the CF-1A. All the other valks have that black portion on their shoulders which would magically disappear with the armor on.

Simple solution there: Stickers.

• 3 weeks later...
Bandai is such a weird company. How many others out there would be advertising other company's toys?

Because IINM, this is actually a site for a modeling/toy mag that Bandai puts out...a little like if Hasbro published Toyfare.

LOL! I still dont understand how you people can love the 1/48's so much.

I have one of the original Yamato 1/60 VF-1S's, and I bought it as soon as it came out, and I love it! But thats the only Yamato I own. And I still have my gripes with it. Like the ludicrously retarded shoulders that cant swivel without disjointing the entire chest and back assembly from eachother. Thats a MAJOR flaw.

A VF-1D Full Armor would look /ridiculously cool/.

Does the VF-1D suffer from the shoulder problem? Or did they fix it? Its not a terrible problem, but the 1/60 toys are so awesome its really like a big fat nasty zit on a SUPER cute girls face. It may not be all that bad, but it /seems/ that bad.

-BEN-MAN-

Yes, as usual, Graham was right,

I just verified that what you see on HLJ site is in fact Yamato armors and not strike or super parts.

It is schedule for relase in Feb XX, 2003 (I have the date, but I do not want to release since Yammies have tendency to change their dates, as most Toy companies do).

Basically, Armor Parts for 1:60 Valkyrie except VF-1DAVT-1AVE-1 types.

So get your wallets ready :lol::lol::lol:

Heh, I was talking with some of my contacts at Yamato a few days ago, and a February release is probably a little over-optimistic.

I think March is probably more realistic.

Graham

-sigh-

Oh well.

Methinks I'll pick this up and a Yammie CF... I've got the 1J, and an armored CF is a dream come true...