Tokyo Toy Show 2010 - July 15th to 18th

Graham

Well, it's nearly that time of year again, for the Tokyo Toy Show.

Wish I was there again, but I'm not.

What new Macross products will be revealed this year from Bandai and Yamato?

Post all news and pics in this thread.

Graham

Well, it's nearly that time of year again, for the Tokyo Toy Show.

Wish I was there again, but I'm not.

What new Macross products will be revealed this year from Bandai and Yamato?

Post all news and pics in this thread.

Graham

I think most of us are hoping that you would reveal something from Yamato :lol:

I'm going on the 17th. I've never been to one. I've been to a WonderFest a few years ago, and that was cool, but it was mostly model kits and garage kits. Yamato was there showing stuff though.

I'm hoping this will be more like Toy Fair in New York. I have no idea what to expect really. I know there are exclusive Transformers, so hopefully Takara Tomy will have a big presence....maybe even show the rumored Masterpiece Rodimus?

Like I said, this is my first time going....anyone been to one that knows what it's like? As far as I know, admission is free too...

1/60 Regult goodness :) I want to see how the prototype is coming along.

VF-17 as a surprise, like the did years ago with the SV-51 (there were no CAD images nor announcement, straight prototype pics)!!!!

I'm going on the 17th. I've never been to one. I've been to a WonderFest a few years ago, and that was cool, but it was mostly model kits and garage kits. Yamato was there showing stuff though.

I'm hoping this will be more like Toy Fair in New York. I have no idea what to expect really. I know there are exclusive Transformers, so hopefully Takara Tomy will have a big presence....maybe even show the rumored Masterpiece Rodimus?

Like I said, this is my first time going....anyone been to one that knows what it's like? As far as I know, admission is free too...

Last time I went was in 2002. Wow, 8 years ago already, time really does fly!

Here's a link to a report on the 2002 show. 2002 Tokyo Toy Show

Graham

I think most of us are hoping that you would reveal something from Yamato :lol:

I haven't hard much contact with them recently. :(

We sort of go through these quiet periods, where there's no contact for several months and then things pick up again.

They did actually call me last Friday to try and arrange a drink that night during a flying visitto HK, but unfortunately I wasn't able to make it.

Graham

here's to hoping for more yammie goodies!

p/s: I seriously wish that they would unveil the 1/60 vf-19 fire kai!!!

Ditto!

I seriously hope they don't ditch the Fighter mode proportions too much.

If the Fire Valk is something like what is shown in the CG pictures of the 19, I think that would really be nice. I have always thought the M7 lineart is WAYYYYYYYYYYY too chunky, so much so that the 1/65 Chunky Monkeys seem almost anorexic in comparision.

p/s: I seriously wish that they would unveil the 1/60 vf-19 fire kai!!!

Yes, hope we can catch a glimpse of Fire Kai, preferably in colour.

Seriously beside this, any other new Yamato products to be unveiled, like maybe 1/60 Regult in colour, etc?

Here's what I'm hoping we'll see at the show (all just guesses). I've tried to keep the list fairly realistic and not turned it into my personal wish list (well, not too much):

From Bandai:

1) Announcement of a 1/60 scale DX VF-171 or VF-171EX.

2) Announcement and maybe test shot of the Hi-Metal VF-19F.

3) Announcement and maybe prototype sculpt of a Hi-Metal YF-19.

4) Prototype sculpt or close-to-finished test shot of the Hi-Metal YF-21.

5) Announcement of a Hi-Metal VF-22S Max type.

6) Some news on the fate of the previously announced Robot Spirits Armored Ozma VF-25S (a release date would be nice).

7) More news on set # 4 of the 1/250 scale Macross Fighter Collection, with hopefully confirmation that the set does NOT actually include repeats from set # 3.

From Yamato

1) Test shot of the Regult.

2) Physical sculpt or test shot of the new smaller SDF-1 (I forget what the scale is supposed to be).

3) Physical (resin) sculpt of the 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valk (too early for an ABS test shot I think).

4) Likely they will have the various Chronicles exclusive V2 1/60 VF-1, like the VF-X on display.

I'd love to see more stuff from Yamato, especially an announcement about a 1/60 scale VF-17D, but I think for various reasons (the economy and a slow down in Macross in general), they are not going to have too much new stuff to show or release this year.

Graham

Here's what I'm hoping we'll see at the show (all just guesses). I've tried to keep the list fairly realistic and not turned it into my personal wish list (well, not too much):

From Bandai:

1) Announcement of a 1/60 scale DX VF-171 or VF-171EX.

2) Announcement and maybe test shot of the Hi-Metal VF-19F.

3) Announcement and maybe prototype sculpt of a Hi-Metal YF-19.

4) Prototype sculpt or close-to-finished test shot of the Hi-Metal YF-21.

5) Announcement of a Hi-Metal VF-22S Max type.

6) Some news on the fate of the previously announced Robot Spirits Armored Ozma VF-25S (a release date would be nice).

7) More news on set # 4 of the 1/250 scale Macross Fighter Collection, with hopefully confirmation that the set does NOT actually include repeats from set # 3.

From Yamato

1) Test shot of the Regult.

2) Physical sculpt or test shot of the new smaller SDF-1 (I forget what the scale is supposed to be).

3) Physical (resin) sculpt of the 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valk (too early for an ABS test shot I think).

4) Likely they will have the various Chronicles exclusive V2 1/60 VF-1, like the VF-X on display.

I'd love to see more stuff from Yamato, especially an announcement about a 1/60 scale VF-17D, but I think for various reasons (the economy and a slow down in Macross in general), they are not going to have too much new stuff to show or release this year.

Graham

Those in Bold are the items that personally I hope to see as well.

I've always thought that the best way to generate interest in Macross is to sponsor their own Macross weekly 1/2 hr advertisement series. I mean, they can't forever be relying on nostalgia and us fans who have grown up with the earlier series... or even Macross 7. They need a new generation of fans and consumers. The current bunch (i.e us) are all hitting the 30s or beyond, and alot of us will have to give financial priority to our families/ children, if not already.

Of course I hope that Yamato will continue to be committed to making more quality Macross stuff for us, but who knows how long they will have to wait, if they are just waiting to rely on ambush marketing like what they did with Frontier, or even Macross Fever Pachinko game.

Anyway, I digress. I just hope to see theose items in bold above... and I would really really love to see the VF-17(1)s. Makes for almost an apple to apple comparision.

Edited by BlueMax

My hopes:

#1) an announcement that some small company is going to buy the Beagle Mospeada project and finish Fuke and Yellow (gotta get the pipe dreams out of the way first).

Realistically:

1) Bandai Hi-Metal VF-1 Super Parts

2) Bandai Hi-Metal VF-1S

3) Bandai DX Monster release versions (both, next to each other, in final production form)

4) Bandai Hi Metal VF-19 Kai Soundbooster

5) Prototype of next Hi-Metal valk with proposed release date

6) Something on the next DX toy (if one is in the works) but I suspect that will have to wait until the Monster is about to be released

1) Something more on the proposed smaller scale SDF-1

2) Anything on the VF-19Kai

Talking about BEAGLE MOSPEADA.... theres some websites that have a preorder of toynami lancer masterpiece. They say that its coming out on october or november?? Anybody knows something about that? Its possibly that we can complete our cyclon collection in a near future??

Talking about BEAGLE MOSPEADA.... theres some websites that have a preorder of toynami lancer masterpiece. They say that its coming out on october or november?? Anybody knows something about that? Its possibly that we can complete our cyclon collection in a near future??

The Beagle Mospeada project is dead, any site listing any future MPC Cyclone or Ride Armor for sale is just ill-informed.

OR MAYBE THEY KNOW SOMETHING WE DON'T KNOW!!!?!!?

Just kidding, it's dead.

If you look in bigbadtoysotire.com in the masterpiece cyclone there s a preorder for the 1/10 Scale Masterpiece Cyclone #3 - Lancer by toynami. Maybe beagle is dead, but what about toynami.... I think a lancer masterpiece will be much better than the stick and ley version. Anyboy know anything???

Regards from buenos aires

Yamato : With their GNU and VFC lines dead, I'd like to see them try again in the smaller size stuff.

Bandai: Hopefully, confirmation of a new Macross kit. Like a 1/72 VF-171 kit. Or a bunch of 1/100 scale fighter/single mode only kits.

If you look in bigbadtoysotire.com in the masterpiece cyclone there s a preorder for the 1/10 Scale Masterpiece Cyclone #3 - Lancer by toynami. Maybe beagle is dead, but what about toynami.... I think a lancer masterpiece will be much better than the stick and ley version. Anyboy know anything???

Regards from buenos aires

Toynami was more of an importer for Beagle, with Beagle's project dead there's nothing for Toynami to import. Beagle hadn't even made it to the prototype stage with Yellow's Ride Armor so there's certainly no way it was next on the release schedule. Fuke was getting close when the project got cancelled. BBTS has a bad habit of putting things up for preorder based on very old Toynami info (and Toynami is very neglectful in updating stores). You can rest assured that there will be no more MPC Cyclones unless a third company gets involved.

Bandai: Hopefully, confirmation of a new Macross kit. Like a 1/72 VF-171 kit. Or a bunch of 1/100 scale fighter/single mode only kits.

Err, Wave is making 1/100 fighters and Battroid kits for VF-1 or do you mean MF stuff?

Otherwise I agree or better said hope that Bandai expands on their Macross kits. Fully transformable Valks in their R3 line or MG/PG representations would be great.

Aside from that, I'm expecting Bandai to show their Hi-Metal YF-21 and maybe first pics or an announcement for the YF-19.

I don't expect anything groundbreaking new from Yamato. It'll be typical Yamato giving us another poster full of words announcing the VF-19 Kai or at best CAD shots.

(Whoohoo... if that doesn't make the world gasp in anticipation. <_<)

since we are on on Yamato produce here, any hope of seeing a 1:24 Griffon?? I have the Ingram 1, and it's just marvellous...so a Griffon would complement it nicely... ;)

*not good for my financial health though.....sigh..

A 1/24 Griffon would be awesome. :D

I'm praying for lots of RD news in general. I praying for armored VF-25's (F and S types) and a cheyenne Mk.II from MacF; Also I really want to see more Gundam Unicorn RD's come out (Sinanju, Jesta, Rozen zulu, etc...).

If they did make one, it would be $700 and in kit form... :p

Now I'm sad, I want an Aqua type griffon so bad. :(

So far from all the usual sources there is no new Macross related announcement from Bandai, only showing the K-Monster again. Nothing from Yamato at all so I guess they skip the show which focus more on toys for children, but we will probably see them at the Wonder Festival 2010 Summer on July 25th.

But Yamato just posted two blog posts about the secret of the YF-19 reissue. Can someone translate that? The new one have a lighter color, I guess?

http://www.yamato-toys.com/blog/index.php?logid=278

http://www.yamato-toys.com/blog/index.php?logid=279

Edited by CF18

So far from all the usual sources there is no new Macross related announcement from Bandai, only showing the K-Monster again. Nothing from Yamato at all so I guess they skip the show which focus more on toys for children, but we will probably see them at the Wonder Festival 2010 Summer on July 25th.

But Yamato just posted two blog posts about the secret of the YF-19 reissue. Can someone translate that? The new one have a lighter color, I guess?

http://www.yamato-toys.com/blog/index.php?logid=278

http://www.yamato-toys.com/blog/index.php?logid=279

From the pics in the second link it looks like a re-color. Looks like there's no update to the terrible gullet issue <_<