Better than Macross (in my opinion).

Daishi3500

urgent

OMG guys, i don't know what the hell is going in, but all the above i didnn't post, i swear to god. I gave no one my password and i'm sure i did'nt do it in my sleep. No one has been on my computer. There must be some glitch in the boards because i did not write any of this, i swear. OMFG.

I'm going to have to emphasise this, ITs not anime he copied, but Violent Japanese live action movies. You don't see many of these here because they wouldn't get them past censors, and they are not as popular as Anime. A lot of them the worst anime can't hold a candle up to these they have mass murders, sexual acts mixed in with violence, gangland hits, ect and so forth . A lot of them are just plain depraved and they try to outmatch each other. It wasn't like TT thought of it in a new way... no he just copied OUTRIGHT the worst parts of the violence and removed the plot behind them and called it a movie. Visonary? Groundbreaking? Not in the least.

No not hack probably a glitch.

Kill Bill was cool though, has the idea of turning anime into real life ever showed up before (not including mortal combat, street fighter, etc...)?

Matrix and Fifth Element...

Noyhauser is right. Kill Bill is based on grindhouse kung-fu films.

I don't even consider the cartoon anime even though Production IG did it. It looked more like Heavy Metal/MTV type stuff.

I'm also curious why Michael Madsen is one of the D.i.V.A.S.??? :D

I don't know Why Madsen is in the group (The only male) But the Viper group is a homage to the film the Five Deadly Venoms By director Chang Cheh. Tarantino is a huge Chang Cheh fan, and if you've ever seen any of the Venoms films you might not be suprised if one of the Viper assassins turns renegade and helps Uma if the 2nd film.

I'm going to have to emphasise this, ITs not anime he copied, but Violent Japanese live action movies. You don't see many of these here because they wouldn't get them past censors, and they are not as popular as Anime. A lot of them the worst anime can't hold a candle up to these they have mass murders, sexual acts mixed in with violence, gangland hits, ect and so forth . A lot of them are just plain depraved and they try to outmatch each other. It wasn't like TT thought of it in a new way... no he just copied OUTRIGHT the worst parts of the violence and removed the plot behind them and called it a movie. Visonary? Groundbreaking? Not in the least.

Violent Live action Japanese films don't own the market on violence They probably do now, but they aren't the only influences QT used for KillBill. QT loves to mix different genres in his films. Other genres that influenced KillBill were: 1) Kung Fu Films--- specifically ones made by Chang Cheh( Cheh had a pechant for making very violent films and was probably the pioneer of the ultra male heroic bloodsheed films) Yuen Woo Ping, and Liu Chia Liang.

2) Revenge films of the 70's see I spit on Your Grave

3) Blaxpoitation films--- See pam Greer

4) japanese Samurai films already mentioned

5) Gang drama's

6) The Green Hornet TV Show

7) Japanese Monster Movies --- Godzilla, Mothra

I'm also curious why Michael Madsen is one of the D.i.V.A.S.??? :D

Maxim Magazine interviewed Tarantino and asked him the same question, I think. It had something to do with his previous work on Resevoir Dogs. I'm sure someone out there will correct me if I'm wrong. Now the next question is, "Why is a 38 year-old man reading Maxim Magazine..." :lol:

Matrix and Fifth Element...

How was The 5th Element anime-based? If anything it seemed based more on European comics, especially with Mobius doing some of the design work.

You can fully deny that The Fifth Element had anime influences?

The Matrix had american comic book designers can we totally dismiss the anime influences there.

Mobius rules, I mean we all now he had a better Silver Surfer than Jack Kirby :p himself but I'm sure Luc Besson had other interests in mind when he put the story together. I mean Leeloo herself is an embodiment of an anime heroine.

You can fully deny that The Fifth Element had anime influences?

The Matrix had american comic book designers can we totally dismiss the anime influences there.

Mobius rules, I mean we all now he had a better Silver Surfer than Jack Kirby :p himself but I'm sure Luc Besson had other interests in mind when he put the story together. I mean Leeloo herself is an embodiment of an anime heroine.

I never dismissed anything, I was just asking. :p

I just never saw the 5th Element as an anime-influenced movie, especially because a lot of the story Luc Besson claimed to create when he was a teenager.

There may have been some anime influence to 5th Element, but if there was it was nothing overt. The spaceship, costume, city, and alien designs all struck me as very much in the same vein as old euro-comics like Judge Dredd and whatnot combined with 80's sci-fi movies like Max Headroom and Ice Pirates and sparkled with modern special effects. In fact, I can't really think of anything that really stuck out as an obvious anime reference.

I had a whole post written up on my view of the topic of this thread, then realized that it seemed the original poster was using someone else's account, so no point in debating something made to intentionally rile things up.

Is a chair better than an aquarium?

Is Kill Bill better than Macross?

Two highly illogical and thus unanswerable questions...

Will the Moderators close this thread?

I certainly hope so.......