Macross voice performers in non-Macross roles

With the topic found in the old forums are gone, it's time to discuss about Macross voice performers in non-Macross voice acting.

Thanks to snippets found in YouTube and the like, I found some performers that some viewers like us didn't know. Some performers such as Aya Hirano as Haruhi Suzumiya is too obvious to discuss here.

OK, it's time I get the ball rolling.

Akira Kamiya (Roy Focker) as

The late Hirotaka Suzuoki (Lynn Kaifun) as

Sho Hayami (Maximillian Jenius) as

(with Hirotaka Suzuoki again as Starscream).

Takehito Koyasu (Gamlin Kanzaki) as

along with familiar anime seiyuu in a non-anime show.

EDIT: I forgot. Here's Megumi Nakajima (Ranka Lee) as brunette Kaede Sakura in "Kampfer". On this scene with Kaede is lead character Natsuru Senou, who has a magical ability to gender bender.

Edited by Captain of the SDF-1 Macross

Aya Endo (non-singing voice of Sheryl is of course a very prolific voice actor):

Felicia Heidelman (Sora no Woto)

Miyuki (Lucky Star)

Tsuduri Tessou (Railgun)

and like a billion other roles.

I totally didn't know Megumi Nakajima is Kaede from Kampfer lol. She is also the voice of Chiho and Chise twins in Kobato.

Arihiro Hase (Hikaru) had a bit role in one of the episodes of Super Dimension Century Orguss. If I recall correctly that role is uncredited.

If you mean that kid who steals the then-brand-new Orguss with his father/uncle/granddad, then I think it was credited. I am not aware of him playing another role in the series. And of course we (SHOULD) all know that Sho Hayami was Kei in Orguss.

Speaking of Sho Hayami, how many of you spotted him as a master swordsman-type villain in an episode of Samurai Champloo?

Edited by Renato

If you mean that kid who steals the then-brand-new Orguss with his father/uncle/granddad, then I think it was credited. I am not aware of him playing another role in the series. And of course we (SHOULD) all know that Sho Hayami was Kei in Orguss.

Speaking of Sho Hayami, how many of you spotted him as a master swordsman-type villain in an episode of Samurai Champloo?

I'm not totally sure if he was uncredited or not, I tried looking for his name in the credits for that episode and didn't remember finding it. I could have missed it, though.

Tohru Furuya (Lord Feff in Macross II) also did:

1.) The titular character in Casshern Sins.

2.) Amuro Ray in a ton of Gundam titles including the original series, the movie trilogy, Zeta Gundam, Gundam ZZ, Char's Counterattack, several of those SD Gundam shows.

3.) Ribbons Almark and the narrator in Gundam 00.

4.) Tuxedo Kamen in virtually all of Sailor Moon. :rolleyes:

5.) Pegasus Seiya in Saint Seiya.

Hiroko Kasahara (Ishtar) also did:

1.) Azalyn in Irresponsible Captain Tylor.

2.) Naomi Armitage in Armitage III.

Yumi Touma (Sylvie Gena) also did:

1.) Urd in Ah! My Goddess.

2.) Flair in Dirty Pair Flash.

3.) Helba in .hack//SIGN.

4.) Cecily Fairchild/Berah Ronah in Gundam F91.

5.) Deedlit in Record of Lodoss War.

6.) Tokimi in the Tenchi Muyo! OVAs.

Bin Shimada (Nexx Gilbert) also did:

1.) Stick Bernard in Genesis Climber Mospeada.

2.) Paptimus Scirocco in Zeta Gundam.

3.) Charles de Etouard in Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross.

4.) Ken Nakajima in You're Under Arrest!.

I had a small crossover aneuryism earlier when I discovered that Wendee Lee did one of the original Bridge Bunnies, Vanessa, in Robotech way back when, then went on to do (among a lot of other things) the voice for Haruhi Suzumiya... who is voiced in Japan by Aya Hirano.... who recently did Nene and Mena Roshan (the purple haired Bridge Bunny) in Frontier.

Sheesh.. any one of the dub voices in Haruhi (Lee, along with Crispin Freeman, Stephenie Sheh, Johnny Young Bosch, etc) could have an equivalent to the whole "6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game.. only you'd probably only need 3 steps. laugh.gif

Edited by Chronocidal

You know, I never really associate Tohru Furuya with Macross, so I always totally forget that he played Feff in Macross II.

There's two characters that I comes to my mind when talking about Tohru Furuya. Those two would be Amuro from Gundam and Kyosuke Kasuga of Kimagure Orange Road.

You know, I never really associate Tohru Furuya with Macross, so I always totally forget that he played Feff in Macross II.

Yeah, I had a moment like that when I looked up Bin Shimada's filmography. I knew he'd done both Paptimus Scirocco and Stick Bernard, but I had no idea he'd also been cast against type as a shy and indecisive bike cop (and main character love interest) in You're Under Arrest!, which I'd happened to be watching at the time.

I cannot fail to add a bit of trivia that once came my way. Katzumi Suzuki who plays Kakizaki in SDFM and DYRL is actually also the voice of one of the SEELE guys in Evangelion.

Talk about different characters types!

• 3 weeks later...

The lovely Doi Mika (Misa : SDFM & DYRL), played so many characters from Mospeada, Southren Cross, Kenshin and many more can't remember ...

She also has a wonderful short role in Cowboy Bebop as Jet's ex-girlfriend. I really like her voice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And...

Sho Hayami (Maximillian Jenius) was Rainy Boy in Genesis Climber Mospeada.

Don't forget that guy um the First Officer on the Irresponsible Captain Tyler. That Blue haired Alien that transforms from a handsome guy into a hidieous beast on DBZ, He was Friezas right hand man next to the orange spiked armed alien.

• 3 weeks later...

By the way, has Tomo done any other voice work since M7?

Uh... she's done a bit, but it looks like most of the voice work she's done since Macross 7 is either background or one-shot character sort of stuff. Her most recent voice role appears to be in Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai, which has been slated to start its 12 episode run this coming October. The other stuff she's done since Macross Dynamite 7 includes: "Noel-sensei" in Itsudatte My Santa (2005), Azusa Miura in Idolmasters: Xenoglossia (2007), a one-shot part in Hatenko Yugi, minor voice work and theme song performance in My-Otome (2005-6), a minor recurring bit part in Pocket Monsters: Diamond and Pearl as "Shirona", Chigusa Sakai in various Shakugan no Shana media (in 2005-2009), and a few other things.

"I wanna be you toy!" That's some funny stuff...

Since I just finished watching Gundam 0079, I became aware that Sayla Mass is voiced by You Inoue who also did the voice of Kanuka Clancy in Patlabor (one of my faves for sure).. What made me spit my coffee through my teeth and nearly hit my keyboard was that she also did the voice of Gepelnitch in Macross 7...

Uh... she's done a bit, but it looks like most of the voice work she's done since Macross 7 is either background or one-shot character sort of stuff. Her most recent voice role appears to be in Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai, which has been slated to start its 12 episode run this coming October. The other stuff she's done since Macross Dynamite 7 includes: "Noel-sensei" in Itsudatte My Santa (2005), Azusa Miura in Idolmasters: Xenoglossia (2007), a one-shot part in Hatenko Yugi, minor voice work and theme song performance in My-Otome (2005-6), a minor recurring bit part in Pocket Monsters: Diamond and Pearl as "Shirona", Chigusa Sakai in various Shakugan no Shana media (in 2005-2009), and a few other things.

She's also (I believe) played more Macross characters than anybody else: Mylene (of course), Canary Minmay (from Macross Generation) and one of the Milky Dolls.